Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

TNF--BG/NILL and WMichigan/Toledo

Ive done quite a bit of research on both of these games....

Northern Ill vs BG--I dont see how (4-5) Bowling Green can stay with (6-3) N Ill here. Northern ILL averages over 45 points per game (in the MAC) and as everyone knows put up 63 last week against Toledo. They allow 34 points per game so their average margin of victory is 11 points. BG averages 21 points per game and allows 27 in the MAC with an average margin of victory of -6 points--thats a 17 pt swing!.
    My prediction: Northern Ill winning by a final score of 49 to 31 and will cover the spread and will definitely top the over under of 66.

Western Mich/Toledo: Western Mich (5-4) averages 32 points per game and allows 30 in the MAC...Toledo (5-4) is averaging 45 (41 if you backout last weeks shootout) and allows 28 per game in the MAC...
    My prediction: Toledo wins this one by a final score of 38 to 28 and does NOT cover the spread. The O/U is around 70 points on this game which means the total will go UNDER.

BOL everyone!

Sweatyguido
    Sweatyguido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

i did a 13 pt teaser on w. mich +25.5, game total over 56 & bowling green +19, game total over 53. according to your write up i should win!

Pickem2win

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatyguido View Post
    i did a 13 pt teaser on w. mich +25.5, game total over 56 & bowling green +19, game total over 53. according to your write up i should win!
    If my write up is correct then yes! Lets just hope BG can stay within 19 points. They only average 21 pts per game on the season and NILL can really score when they want to!

Sweatyguido

im banking on the fact that n.ill defense isn't as good on the road. i think bowling green could push 35-40 pts tonight.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

You have to also add in coaching..

I'll take No Ill coaching over B/G

Pickem2win

im banking on the fact that n.ill defense isn't as good on the road. i think bowling green could push 35-40 pts tonight.
    BG--In their last 4 games which were all against the MAC:
    15 against Kent State
    13 against Temple
    21 against Toledo (same team that allowed 63 agaiinst Northern ILL last week)
    21 against Western Michigan

Can you tell me why they are going to score 40 points???? Because NILL defense is soft?? I just dont see it especially when they only scored 21 against Toledo.
    Last edited by Pickem2win; 11-08-11 at 06:03 PM.
    Points Awarded:

ebelisle22 gave Pickem2win 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Sweatyguido

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    BG--In their last 4 games which were all against the MAC: 15 against Kent State 13 against Temple 21 against Toledo (same team that allowed 63 agaiinst Northern ILL last week) 21 against Western Michigan Can you tell me why they are going to score 40 points???? Because NILL defense is soft?? I just dont see it especially when they only scored 21 against Toledo.
    softer on the road, yes. n.ill gives up 45.5 pts on the road. 40 is the ceiling for b.green. i'm not saying they will reach it, but wouldn't be surprised.

Pickem2win

softer on the road, yes. n.ill gives up 45.5 pts on the road. 40 is the ceiling for b.green. i'm not saying they will reach it, but wouldn't be surprised.
    NILL--Against the MAC on the road they are giving up 47 pts per game but again, you have to look at BG! BG is averaging a whopping 17 points at home against the MAC this season! Do you really think they can get to 40?? NILL averages on offense (on the road to MAC teams) 45 points. Even if BG scores 35 which almost 3 touchdowns better than their average they still lose by 10 points and NILL covers the spread of -6.
    BG is not smart money tonite....Bet the over if you want a safe bet! That will happen!
    Last edited by Pickem2win; 11-08-11 at 06:52 PM.

Elevated
    Linning!
    Elevated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Hmmm... Toledo and W michigan is already at 42 in the 2nd qtr!! YIKES!! BOL next time.. sometimes it's not always the stats... have you noticed that most MAC games go high? not only between these two teams but other matchups? Do a statistical analysis on that.. might have turned up some interesting information for the high...

Pickem2win

Quote Originally Posted by Elevated View Post
    Hmmm... Toledo and W michigan is already at 42 in the 2nd qtr!! YIKES!! BOL next time.. sometimes it's not always the stats... have you noticed that most MAC games go high? not only between these two teams but other matchups? Do a statistical analysis on that.. might have turned up some interesting information for the high...
    Actually, the stats tell the story everytime. Look at the Northern ILL vs BG score....What the stats dont tell you is if Toledo and WMich are going to turn the ball over 5+ times. Take the excessive turnovers out of the equation and you are just about what I predicted.

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Im almost as bad at making picks as BG football. Help

Pickem2win

Quote Originally Posted by Trmeyer View Post
    Im almost as bad at making picks as BG football. Help
    Take Miami Oh tonite with the +13. Maybe buy 1.5 points and get it to 14.5. Personally, I think they win this one tonite outright.

jonathon1995
    jonathon1995's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Actually, the stats tell the story everytime. Look at the Northern ILL vs BG score....What the stats dont tell you is if Toledo and WMich are going to turn the ball over 5+ times. Take the excessive turnovers out of the equation and you are just about what I predicted.
    I disagree with that, based on the 2nd half scoring.