Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

I'll tell you why I'm staying away from the Hawaii game

I was gonna bet this game Friday night ... but after getting into the guts of these teams, I can't help but think that Hawaii may have thrown the UNLV game. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by nature, but it just doesn't make sense that Hawaii could possibly lose that game. But they did. And they did it by losing four fumbles, which is how you throw a game without raising suspicion.

Follow me here...UNLV is #113 in offense and #118 in defense. Pretty much they are the worst team at the FBS level. Hawaii is #25 in total offense. They should have wiped the field with the Rebels. But they lost in brutal fashion in Las Vegas.

And if Hawaii didn't throw the game, then they lost to the worst team in FBS by 20 points.

Now, I understand there was some other stuff going on...Hawaii stayed on the West Coast that week from the Washington game and lived out of their bags for a week. So maybe they were just horribly flat for that game. Or...maybe some of the Hawaii players were contacted about a fix either while they were in Washington or before they ever left Hawaii. I don't know, but it is very suspicious.

The bottom line is that the UNLV game is the crucial piece to how I handicap this San Jose State matchup. If I consider the UNLV loss to be legitimate, then Hawaii shouldn't be favored by more than 2 points vs SJSU. If it was not a legitimate loss and was either a thrown game or just a flat week, then Hawaii should be favored by 7.

Bottom line, I'm staying away, especially with Hawaii coming in off the bye. We don't know what we'll see tomorrow.

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anything made on USC will be lost. Count it.

Its all set up. Still hard to put money on SJSU. Take a small play on the Money line or dont take them at all. Thats my advice

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

@ Machine Choice,
    Good post, and I agree with you totally, and that is why I chose to stay away from it. That UNLV game still haunts me whenever I think about playing Hawaii on the mainland.

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine!! First of all great call on San Diego State tonite, your Locks are money!!! As for the Hawaii thing against UNLV, they did spend a whole 7 days in Las Vegas. The coaches go on a recruting binge during the week and the players (most have some kind of tides in Las Vegas) are left to hang out with family and friends who live here. UNLV SUCKS!!! this year more than any other year i lived here, however my rule of thumb is to take them at home no matter who they play and bet against them on the road. It's the same thing when teams go to Hawaii, good teams struggle and crappy teams get their ass kicked. I'm not gonna bet the game, but the same rule applies to San Jose as it does in Las Vegas, alot of the players have family and friends except this time they dont have a whole week to goof around. No play for me no matter how much I be tempted to do so but best of luck to those who do. Hawaii on paper is simply the better team. Keep up the gret work this weekend and best of luck to all

artist
    artist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Machine I was hoping you come out with a lock tonight so I can think about going with it or not! If you was to pick a side or the total of the game what would your lean be?

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post
    Machine I was hoping you come out with a lock tonight so I can think about going with it or not! If you was to pick a side or the total of the game what would your lean be?
    Sorry, not happening with this game. I should have two plays for Saturday.

artist
    artist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Bol on Saturday then get money...!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

betting hawaii---the win here!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Why not bet SJSU then?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

they have to win or people will know its fixed!

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6822

Thanx for that insightful writup.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Las Vegas is considered the ninth island with lots of Hawaiians living there. The whole Hawaii/UNLV game had a stigma about it and UNLV was pretty fired up about it. UNLV has been a really good home dog over the past few years and Hawaii just cam into that game thinking they could just show up and win.

I think the win over LA tech shows more who this Hawaii team really is. Still a weird game tonight and line movement in this one doesn't support a big play on Hawaii.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You think something fishy happened with a Nevada-Las Vegas game?

UNLV is the king of the bizarre cover. They'll probably do it again this week.

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    Las Vegas is considered the ninth island with lots of Hawaiians living there. The whole Hawaii/UNLV game had a stigma about it and UNLV was pretty fired up about it. UNLV has been a really good home dog over the past few years and Hawaii just cam into that game thinking they could just show up and win.

I think the win over LA tech shows more who this Hawaii team really is. Still a weird game tonight and line movement in this one doesn't support a big play on Hawaii.

I dont get it either was at Hawaii -7...the public pounds hawaii and then the line goes to -5.5? why would vegas want everyone to bet on hawaii?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Did you see the game, fumbles, and how they occurred? No reason to think Hawaii will throw this game on tv and American soil, much easier games they could cheat on in Hawaii like the basketball games.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Two words

Over 56

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Agree with the over 56.

Friday night WAC action on ESPN will go over.

Reason,

ESPN wants to keep you degenerates that gamble on anything sitting on the couch pounding beers.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    Agree with the over 56.

Reason,

ESPN wants to keep you degenerates that gamble on anything sitting on the couch pounding beers.
    Love the over 56.
    Got it parlayed, straight up, teased down to 49 (7pts).............

Machine Choice

I think it will go over too. I handicapped it to 62 total points.

oaks05
    oaks05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alot of the Hawaii players were getting hammered in Vegas the night before that UNLV game(know a couple people that work in vegas) hard to believe that UNLV still wins that game(which stopped me from betting huge on this game) but a bunch of hungover Hawaii players could contribute to a bad game the next day.

cheddar327
    cheddar327's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Two words

Over 56
    "over fifty six" is actually three words

smack3179
    smack3179's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the over here too

smack3179
    smack3179's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    Agree with the over 56.

Reason,

What up Smack, where u been at???? We have missed U in your NFL thread..........

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't pick a side either. That's why I went with the Over...but I don't feel that great about it.

Machine Choice

HaHa, five turnovers now for Hawaii in this game...Warrior players are lining their pockets!

kp126

HaHa, five turnovers now for Hawaii in this game...Warrior players are lining their pockets!

Just wished i bet that ML play... backed out at the last second. Any

El Stugoto
    Shot Caller
    El Stugoto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good write up but from experience over thinking games is the worst thing to do. Bol this weekend.

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Quote Originally Posted by kp126 View Post
    Anything made on USC will be lost. Count it.

Its all set up. Still hard to put money on SJSU. Take a small play on the Money line or dont take them at all. Thats my advice

I hate to go down the black helicopters rabbit hole.

But I have to admit from that anyone betting on Thursday and Friday night is probably betting a lot on Saturday and Sunday.

kp126

Quote Originally Posted by willieteal View Post
    I hate to go down the black helicopters rabbit hole. But I have to admit from that anyone betting on Thursday and Friday night is probably betting a lot on Saturday and Sunday.
    Looks like i spoke too soon. This reminds me a lot of the ucla sjsu game. SJSU doesnt know how to maintain leads.

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

SHARP!

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

I was gonna bet this game Friday night ... but after getting into the guts of these teams, I can't help but think that Hawaii may have thrown the UNLV game. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by nature, but it just doesn't make sense that Hawaii could possibly lose that game. But they did. And they did it by losing four fumbles, which is how you throw a game without raising suspicion.

Follow me here...UNLV is #113 in offense and #118 in defense. Pretty much they are the worst team at the FBS level. Hawaii is #25 in total offense. They should have wiped the field with the Rebels. But they lost in brutal fashion in Las Vegas.

And if Hawaii didn't throw the game, then they lost to the worst team in FBS by 20 points.

Now, I understand there was some other stuff going on...Hawaii stayed on the West Coast that week from the Washington game and lived out of their bags for a week. So maybe they were just horribly flat for that game. Or...maybe some of the Hawaii players were contacted about a fix either while they were in Washington or before they ever left Hawaii. I don't know, but it is very suspicious.

The bottom line is that the UNLV game is the crucial piece to how I handicap this San Jose State matchup. If I consider the UNLV loss to be legitimate, then Hawaii shouldn't be favored by more than 2 points vs SJSU. If it was not a legitimate loss and was either a thrown game or just a flat week, then Hawaii should be favored by 7.

Bottom line, I'm staying away, especially with Hawaii coming in off the bye. We don't know what we'll see tomorrow.
    Sharp

Kid called it

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Another great capper that was forced away by the vocal minority. Sad really...

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Machine Choice

They were able to hide it for five weeks. But not from me.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...-investigation
    Points Awarded:

gshock1 gave Machine Choice 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

They were able to hide it for five weeks. But not from me.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...-investigation
    One of the best cappers and sharp guys here. Amazing call.

12 Last