THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 254: Khabib vs. Gaethje (October 24, 2020)

Pay-per-view 2:00 pm ET
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje (for lightweight title)
    Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
    Walt Harris vs. Alexander Volkov
    Phil Hawes vs. Jacob Malkoun
    Lauren Murphy vs. Liliya Shakirova
    Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba

ESPN+ 12:00 pm ET
    Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
    Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
    Sam Alvey vs. Da Un Jung
    Casey Kenney vs. Nathaniel Wood

ESPN+ 10:15 am ET
    Sergey Morozov vs.
    Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
    Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 10-19-20 at 11:09 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

spurginobili gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Umar fight is off. I can’t wait for this main event
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave frankieunits2685 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7049

I've been waiting for this one the second Gaethje schooled Ferguson.

I'm a lousy 3-4 in my last seven main events, and love Khabib, but would rather see Gaethje win and will put a few bucks on him for the heck of it.

Juventuz
    Update your status
    Juventuz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

First main event in a while that I won't be betting on. Would love Gaethje to win (nothing against Khabib, I just don't like grappling in general) but I don't see it happening. No need for an "emotional hedge" as well.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Feel so spoiled with this being 5 days away.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Shit just got real. Khabib vs. Gaethje next? Fuuuuukk!

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I like Cowboy Oliveira but this Rakhmonov dude looks like a beast. Gotta go with the small dog in that fight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Even though Justin has outstanding defensive wrestling I still think he gets grapple focked in this one. Khabib by decision is the most likely outcome. Justin has an outside shot at the one punch KO though in the early moments of each round though.

frankieunits2685

I think Khabib wins, but it's tough to bet with the current odds. ML, too juicy.

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Even though Justin has outstanding defensive wrestling I still think he gets grapple focked in this one. Khabib by decision is the most likely outcome. Justin has an outside shot at the one punch KO though in the early moments of each round though.
    Actually, Justin gonna have a much better shot at a KO than just the early moments of rounds. Remember, it's a heck of a lot harder to grapple and take down opponents when you are the one backing up. Leaves them more room to sprawl as well, I'm not sure how many take downs Khabib will have. Porier's two main problems were that he was backing up the entire fight, and was already breathing heavy in the 2nd. Justin's problem is that he really likes to cover up between exchanges defensively, and that is a luxury he won't be able to rely on vs Khabib. Or at least shouldn't. If Justin keeps up his pressure, I don't understand how anyone could think this thing goes the distance, either way.

magpie878

To Gaethje's credit, he's much improved from his old self. Much. And if he comes in with and executes to perfection like he basically did vs Ferguson, he's got as good a shot as anyone has vs Khabib.
    Last edited by magpie878; 10-20-20 at 01:47 PM. Reason: misssspelllllling

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RussianMike View Post
    Actually, Justin gonna have a much better shot at a KO than just the early moments of rounds. Remember, it's a heck of a lot harder to grapple and take down opponents when you are the one backing up. Leaves them more room to sprawl as well, I'm not sure how many take downs Khabib will have. Porier's two main problems were that he was backing up the entire fight, and was already breathing heavy in the 2nd. Justin's problem is that he really likes to cover up between exchanges defensively, and that is a luxury he won't be able to rely on vs Khabib. Or at least shouldn't. If Justin keeps up his pressure, I don't understand how anyone could think this thing goes the distance, either way.
    Like I said Justin will have his moments in the fight to land and land hard.. Khabib can take a shot though and when he gets touched up he goes even harder into wrestling and grinding mode and no one has stopped him yet..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    I've been waiting for this one the second Gaethje schooled Ferguson.

I'm a lousy 3-4 in my last seven main events, and love Khabib, but would rather see Gaethje win and will put a few bucks on him for the heck of it.
    Bet with your heart not with your head

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    How you know this Jibby? I can't remember one time anyone trying to take him down unless you mean Vick but he wasn't trying to take him down he was falling from the knockout
    Nomination(s):

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    How you know this Jibby? I can't remember one time anyone trying to take him down unless you mean Vick but he wasn't trying to take him down he was falling from the knockout
    I was cageside for that fight. 5 minutes after the fight, Gaethje went to shake Vick's hand while Vick was still on the stool. Vick was so out of it that he tried to take Gaethje down from the stool lmao.

frankieunits2685

Up early for weigh-ins!
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave frankieunits2685 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    Up early for weigh-ins!
    Check that. Thought it was Friday Lol

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    Up early for weigh-ins!
    Pssst. Weigh ins are tomorrow.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Pssst. Weigh ins are tomorrow.

Tried to correct it lol

magpie878

Bet with your heart not with your head
    Not betting much on him, but I think he can win and bet it. I don't really EXPECT to win, it's tough to ever pick against Khabib, but I did it anyway. If it hits, even better.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I was cageside for that fight. 5 minutes after the fight, Gaethje went to shake Vick's hand while Vick was still on the stool. Vick was so out of it that he tried to take Gaethje down from the stool lmao.
    wow, i hate to say that is funny but it is.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Not betting much on him, but I think he can win and bet it. I don't really EXPECT to win, it's tough to ever pick against Khabib, but I did it anyway. If it hits, even better.
    i would just watch it than bet it. I have made this mistake myself a lot of times hoping one guy should win and betting him but knowing there isn't much of a chance. Anything can happen in MMA. I just hope he has trained some wrestling for this. These wrestlers knock one guy out it seems they feel they are bangers. Kinda like Hendo who never really used much wrestling after starting to blast guys. I think it hurt him a little because you could see his wrestling deteriorated in the latter part of his career

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Khabib takes down every one he fights successfully.. GSP 2.0 version..
    It's the only way he knows how to fight is to grab you and take you down.

So logic suggests he will be able to take down Justin as well and probably grind on him in every round. Justin has never faced a fighter like Khabib before so I don't think his take down defense will hold up.

magpie878

i would just watch it than bet it. I have made this mistake myself a lot of times hoping one guy should win and betting him but knowing there isn't much of a chance. Anything can happen in MMA. I just hope he has trained some wrestling for this. These wrestlers knock one guy out it seems they feel they are bangers. Kinda like Hendo who never really used much wrestling after starting to blast guys. I think it hurt him a little because you could see his wrestling deteriorated in the latter part of his career
    I get it, but I've ridden on Gaethje his past few fights, and I'm doing it again, against big odds. But betting small, much more of a "for entertainment purposes only" kind.

I also took Lopez vs Lomachenko last week. Sadly, I figured if there was any way he was going to win, it was going to be in the distance. Again, small bet... but him winning by decision was a loss for me.

Loma and Khabib lose within a week of each other? Could be.
    Last edited by magpie878; 10-22-20 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Lopez, not Lopex, duh

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Khabib could begin to gas out late in this fight.. I don't rule that out. He will then be forced to stand with Justin.

magpie878

I forgot to add, you really never know how a fighter is going to react in-ring after a personal tragedy or death to someone close.

We all know Khabib is a machine, but you just never know what can happen or affect someone.

hankcream

Damn Russians must have pushed for this early start time. If you're on the west coast 7:15 am start time for early prelims and 11 am for main card

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Damn Russians must have pushed for this early start time. If you're on the west coast 7:15 am start time for early prelims and 11 am for main card
    Yup I saw that and it sucks!! ..

I'll be sober and just waking up to watch this event. I don't like that..

Unkclan
    Unkclan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Pretty excited for the Whittaker cannonier matchup. Hoping cannonier is able to secure his titleshot

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unkclan View Post
    Pretty excited for the Whittaker cannonier matchup. Hoping cannonier is able to secure his titleshot
    I'm leaning Cannonier and by KO myself..

Whittaker I thought was always over hyped.. He can be beat and dropped in this fight..

hankcream

I kind of like Gaethje in this fight, but there is very little chance he can win a decision in Abu Dhabi with the Russian influence. The only bet to make if you're leaning Gaethje is Inside the distance +375

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I kind of like Gaethje in this fight, but there is very little chance he can win a decision in Abu Dhabi with the Russian influence. The only bet to make if you're leaning Gaethje is Inside the distance +375
    If Gaethje wins it will be by KO and not by Submission.. Bet KO instead of ITD for better odds.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Official Weigh INs beginning < hour

1234 ... Last