THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2 (August 17, 2019)

Pay-per-view, 10:00 pm ET
    Daniel Cormier vs Stipe Miocic (for heavyweight title)
    Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis
    Paulo Costa vs Yoel Romero
    Gabriel Benitez vs Sodiq Yusuff
    Derek Brunson vs Ian Heinisch

ESPN, 8:00 pm ET
    Clay Collard vs Devonte Smith
    Raphael Assuncao vs Cory Sandhagen
    Christos Giagos vs Drakkar Klose
    Manny Bermudez vs Casey Kenney

ESPN+, 6:15 pm ET
    Hannah Cifers vs Jodie Esquibel
    Brandon Davis vs Kyung Ho Kang
    Shana Dobson vs Sabina Mazo

Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla, and Baraldsson

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Decreased profit potential on this card in comparison to last night's.

Only 12 fights in comparison to uruguay's 13.

Reduced odds on locks.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miocic +135 all day
    Bruson sucks
    Diaz +105 with pettis hedge decision
    Romero Costa +225 FGD ???

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15379

Now this is a card. Didnt even watch that crap they put kn last night

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Costa +150
    Diaz +107

Some total plays too.
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave jacharron17 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Bermudez Sandhagen, and I give more credit to Heinisch than most (ACJ fight, when he "didn't have a chance LOL")...BUT I feel Brunson will be much quicker....Hein has had the speed advantage in every UFC fight.....I wouldn't be blown away if he won...but the +$ on Brunson seems legit....Heinisch has been winning with TDD, Cardio and overall strength....I feel here he will be just a tad slower and may take shots that lead into a Brunson TD w some lay and stay..

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Bermudez Sandhagen, and I give more credit to Heinisch than most (ACJ fight, when he "didn't have a chance LOL")...BUT I feel Brunson will be much quicker....Hein has had the speed advantage in every UFC fight.....I wouldn't be blown away if he won...but the +$ on Brunson seems legit....Heinisch has been winning with TDD, Cardio and overall strength....I feel here he will be just a tad slower and may take shots that lead into a Brunson TD w some lay and stay..
    I don’t think Heinisch has been winning with TDD. He’s been taken down nine times in two UFC fights. However, his getups are pretty solid. I think if Brunson takes him down, he’ll be able to get up and Brunson will start to slow.

PaperTrail07

Ferreria tried to take him down-got stopped easier than usual and gave up on it-few that landed-wasted too much energy for what he got out of it....ACJ also tried to grapple penetrate him against the cage and take him down....neither worked well.....but like you said...his get ups are legit sauce as well IF it does happen....I just see Brunson winning early with speed........pretty badass matchup by the UFC here .......if it does stay on the feet I feel like Brunson be circling the cage with a quickness and may get the TD with speed , not power...Clear skills test from the UFC here...VERY interested...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I don’t think Heinisch has been winning with TDD. He’s been taken down nine times in two UFC fights. However, his getups are pretty solid. I think if Brunson takes him down, he’ll be able to get up and Brunson will start to slow.

PaperTrail07

Brunson WILL slow and I could see him in trouble in the 3rd if it gets there.....29-28 Brunson IMO as he does nothing but run in the 3rd lol....

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Miocic +135 all day
    There's a lot to like about Cormier but those deliberate eye pokes in the first fight didn't sit well with me. Hoping Stipe KOs him.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    There's a lot to like about Cormier but those deliberate eye pokes in the first fight didn't sit well with me. Hoping Stipe KOs him.
    DC old, got back surgery from a sneeze, imo won the last fight because of the eye pokes, i rewatched the fight this week and was shocked how Stipe was beating him for the first bit , DC did start to come on with some great shots as well though... Stipe will keep the distance and tag DC up, i dont love Stipes chin so he will have to be careful but i think at this point hes the more athletic / better fighter... for + money i like it a lot, well see this saturday

PaperTrail07

He is also pissed off and more prepared than ever........DC maybe overlooking it---but not something he is known for
    DC old, got back surgery from a sneeze, imo won the last fight because of the eye pokes, i rewatched the fight this week and was shocked how Stipe was beating him for the first bit , DC did start to come on with some great shots as well though... Stipe will keep the distance and tag DC up, i dont love Stipes chin so he will have to be careful but i think at this point hes the more athletic / better fighter... for + money i like it a lot, well see this saturday

firekillex

He is also pissed off and more prepared than ever........DC maybe overlooking it---but not something he is known for
    took a year off will help his chin also i think... DC definitely isnt overlooking him hes too smart for that, but at this point i just think Stipe is more in prime then DC is... without the eye pokes i thought Stipe wouldve probably won the last fight as well.. and you know hes gonna be talking to the ref about it this fight and making sure it doesnt happen again/ taking few minutes break if he does get poked unlike last time.... DC has to extend his fingers for range because Stipe is so much bigger but its definitely very cheap

Baraldsson

Stipe's chin is a concern alright, while DC still seems able to walk off heavy shots. But those odds are very tempting. Stipe is one of those fighters I really struggle to bet against at dog odds.

Hugo de Naranja

Ferreria tried to take him down-got stopped easier than usual and gave up on it-few that landed-wasted too much energy for what he got out of it....ACJ also tried to grapple penetrate him against the cage and take him down....neither worked well.....but like you said...his get ups are legit sauce as well IF it does happen....I just see Brunson winning early with speed........pretty badass matchup by the UFC here .......if it does stay on the feet I feel like Brunson be circling the cage with a quickness and may get the TD with speed , not power...Clear skills test from the UFC here...VERY interested...
    Good matchmaking for sure.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7055

Just watched Cormier Miocic for the first time (without sound at work) because I've read many different opinions on that one, and the upcoming rematch.

I'm no detective here, and wasn't counting, but it didn't look like Miocic took THAT many shots until the end. If he can't withstand that again, I'm not sure how the heck he's going to win. Cormier got popped a few times and tied up, but never (again, no sound, watching on phone, not a GREAT way to judge anything) seemed too far in danger. From what I'd read about any eye pokes, they'd always sounded much worse than what I saw. Miocic also looked pretty before it ended, no idea how his cardio is overall.

I need to rewatch this at home.

Baraldsson

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Just watched Cormier Miocic for the first time (without sound at work) because I've read many different opinions on that one, and the upcoming rematch.

I'm no detective here, and wasn't counting, but it didn't look like Miocic took THAT many shots until the end. If he can't withstand that again, I'm not sure how the heck he's going to win. Cormier got popped a few times and tied up, but never (again, no sound, watching on phone, not a GREAT way to judge anything) seemed too far in danger. From what I'd read about any eye pokes, they'd always sounded much worse than what I saw. Miocic also looked pretty before it ended, no idea how his cardio is overall.

I need to rewatch this at home.
    It's a while since I've watched it but I remember thinking at the time that I'd never seen a fighter's face look so scratched up at the end as Stipe's did. Looked like he'd been clawed at by a bunch of angry cats or something.

Cormier might well have won the fight even without the eye pokes, but I definitely think they affected Stipe's vision and made it harder for him to see some of the punches coming.

Hugo de Naranja

It's a while since I've watched it but I remember thinking at the time that I'd never seen a fighter's face look so scratched up at the end as Stipe's did. Looked like he'd been clawed at by a bunch of angry cats or something.

Cormier might well have won the fight even without the eye pokes, but I definitely think they affected Stipe's vision and made it harder for him to see some of the punches coming.
    Struve actually eyepoked Miocic when they fight. Those were much worse though iirc.

I was there when DC beat Stipe. Crazy atmosphere. Everyone was chanting his name and then he got KOed out of nowhere.

Baraldsson

Struve actually eyepoked Miocic when they fight. Those were much worse though iirc.

I was there when DC beat Stipe. Crazy atmosphere. Everyone was chanting his name and then he got KOed out of nowhere.
    Never saw the Struve fight, only really started watching MMA when McGregor burst onto the scene. Did the ref deduct a point or did Struve get away with it?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

UFC 241 sees Daniel Cormier defend his heavyweight belt against the man he took it from, Stipe Miocic. Plus, it’s the long-awaited return of Nate Diaz as he faces Anthony Pettis. See these athletes train as they prepare for their bouts.

Hugo de Naranja

Never saw the Struve fight, only really started watching MMA when McGregor burst onto the scene. Did the ref deduct a point or did Struve get away with it?
    No fight kept going and he got knocked out soon after. Out of curiosity, what was the first PPV you watched? Mine was UFC 194.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

No fight kept going and he got knocked out soon after. Out of curiosity, what was the first PPV you watched? Mine was UFC 194.
    UFC 86. or around there.

Slevin07
    Slevin07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 676

Rewatched dc and stipe. Thought stipe would win original fight and it looked like it early but dc had a nice 1-2 before eye poke. Dc definitely has fast combos for hw. I like both fighters but think dc takes this. Ref will prob watch for him extending fingers for reach though. Not easy for stipe to fight dc at range, dc is constant with pressure.

firekillex

surprised you started watching so late... what got you into it??
    i seriously started watching when Anderson silva vs Rich Franklin happened but when i was a kid before i seen a few fights here and there , after UFC 64 ive barely missed a card / PPV though

Hugo de Naranja

surprised you started watching so late... what got you into it??
    i seriously started watching when Anderson silva vs Rich Franklin happened but when i was a kid before i seen a few fights here and there , after UFC 64 ive barely missed a card / PPV though
    You and Unc are some real veterans. I was big into boxing in college and had heard about Rousey/McGregor who were the big stars at the time. First fight I saw was Rousey vs. Holm and I’ve been hooked ever since.

firekillex

You and Unc are some real veterans. I was big into boxing in college and had heard about Rousey/McGregor who were the big stars at the time. First fight I saw was Rousey vs. Holm and I’ve been hooked ever since.
    ya im basically the opposite ive been watching UFC since a kid and just started getting into boxing the last few years when i started doing it myself i appreciated it way more.. MMA the best sport around though for sure , cant wait to see who the next big superstars are going to be still remember Anderson Silva clinching Rich Franklin and it was like he was stuck like glue and i loved it ever since lolll

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

all in on paulo costa lol. seriously, who has more impressive resume than him? 12 fights with 12 finishes/11 ko's

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I could see half of the names on the main card retiring soon.

Could be a lackuster event in comparison to the last few cards.

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Early leans for me are Diaz, Bermudez, Costa and I have Cifers as a -445 favorite so the current line is nice.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by nyrider88 View Post
    all in on paulo costa lol. seriously, who has more impressive resume than him? 12 fights with 12 finishes/11 ko's
    Romero is Costa's stiffest test to date by far
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 08-12-19 at 09:23 PM.

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Romero stiffest test to date by far
    Costa seems like he unloads the gas tank early and has a tendency to gas a bit. On the other hand, Romero takes his time and unloads in flurrys. Costa could unload early and shoot his load.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Costa seems like he unloads the gas tank early and has a tendency to gas a bit. On the other hand, Romero takes his time and unloads in flurrys. Costa could unload early and shoot his load.
    I can’t wait for Romero Round 3 prop. He has hit it so many times and it is a prime situation to happen again. I feel that Costa will gas harder than Romero as Romero manages his tank better.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Enjoyed this countdown show. I might watch it again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Better card here.. VERY EXCITE!!!

Could get ugly for Stipe again.. DC has the Chin, Cardio and Wrestling.. Always bet on Black.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Only a retard would bet Cormier here given the odds. Miocic was winning the first fight until he got caught. It's heavy weights same thing could have happened to DC.

1234 ... Last