THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs. Edwards (July 20, 2019)

ESPN, 9:00 pm ET
    Rafael dos Anjos vs Leon Edwards
    Walt Harris vs Aleksei Oleinik
    Juan Adams vs Greg Hardy
    Dan Hooker vs James Vick
    Alexander Hernandez vs Francisco Trinaldo
    Andrei Arlovski vs Ben Rothwell

ESPN, 6:00 pm ET
    Alex Caceres vs Steven Peterson
    Irene Aldana vs Raquel Pennington
    Klidson Abreu vs Sam Alvey
    Jennifer Maia vs Roxanne Modafferi
    Ray Borg vs Gabriel Silva
    Mario Bautista vs Jin Soo Son
    Felipe Colares vs Domingo Pilarte

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Like Dos Anjos at plus money here. I feel he is more well rounded than Edwards.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I think Edwards outgrapples RDA here.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Small +3500 parlay needs Edwards to finish. Definitely hedging.

https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/75...UYmdJVldzdz09/

Buy low sell high. Risk a little to win a lot.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

liking Leon Edwards here

Hooker vs Vick will be fun as well

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Also like James Vick at the current odds (this fight is a coin flip in my opinion), and Oleinik to win (probably by sub).

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Also like James Vick at the current odds (this fight is a coin flip in my opinion), and Oleinik to win (probably by sub).
    have that fight as a coin toss as well tbh.... very similar body types and coming off bad beatings, both will be super motivated to win here should be fireworks

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

Normally Hardy is favored -300 or more... is he actually fighting someone decent this time?

Despite huge odds, Hardy fights "to not go the distance" are locks in the past.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I'm absolutely backing the penetrating truck up on Hardy here....
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Normally Hardy is favored -300 or more... is he actually fighting someone decent this time?

Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

agree---Rocky is legit---this being a 5 rounder makes is SO much more entertaining IMO....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Edwards outgrapples RDA here.

PaperTrail07

I see Hardy with a HUGE speed advantage here....

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post

Hardy is terrible and hes fighting a decent Wrestler/ Grappler ... if he gets taken down he will have 0 answer
    its either KO or get layed on all fight

PaperTrail07

Don't agree at all here.....we have a pro bowl talented individual with HUGE speed advantages.....vs a guy who has ZERO impressive wins and honestly does not appears to even want it bad enough.....entitled
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Hardy is terrible and hes fighting a decent Wrestler/ Grappler ... if he gets taken down he will have 0 answer
    its either KO or get layed on all fight

PaperTrail07

The Hardy Adams fight is big for their careers though.....excited to watch it for sure

firekillex

watch the allen crowder fight and tell me any good wrestler wouldnt ragdoll Hardy

Hardy is no doubt a huge athlete and HW isnt the best division but hes very very green, especially on the ground... but he does have huge power and that could change any fight

PaperTrail07

Maybe that's my point w Juan adams LOL....any normal fighter you would expect to have a gameplan and execute it.....I expect Juan adams to think he is just "better" and go in with zero gameplan and have Hardy Win....
    watch the allen crowder fight and tell me any good wrestler wouldnt ragdoll Hardy

Hardy is no doubt a huge athlete and HW isnt the best division but hes very very green, especially on the ground... but he does have huge power and that could change any fight

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Maybe that's my point w Juan adams LOL....any normal fighter you would expect to have a gameplan and execute it.....I expect Juan adams to think he is just "better" and go in with zero gameplan and have Hardy Win....
    cannot argue with that
    Juan Adams if he decides to wrestle and just press Hardy against the cage and grind him should get a decision
    if he chooses to be stupid he will be KOD

regardless low level HW fights i never bet big on because its far too unpredictable lol... Hardy has a ton of power and is athletic but hes only been training for 2 years ... should be fun to watch though haha
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

100% ---why your on the edge of your seat lol.....
    cannot argue with that
    Juan Adams if he decides to wrestle and just press Hardy against the cage and grind him should get a decision
    if he chooses to be stupid he will be KOD

regardless low level HW fights i never bet big on because its far too unpredictable lol... Hardy has a ton of power and is athletic but hes only been training for 2 years ... should be fun to watch though haha

firekillex

a ton of fun fights on this card though not being talked about

alexander hernandez coming off that big loss to cowboy against trinaldo will be fun... both very similar fighters style wise

arlovski vs rothwell should be fun as well

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

a ton of fun fights on this card though not being talked about

alexander hernandez coming off that big loss to cowboy against trinaldo will be fun... both very similar fighters style wise

arlovski vs rothwell should be fun as well
    There's nothing fun about watching Andrei Arlovski fight brother.

Sanity Check

Greg Hardy said he didn't manage his weight cut well and was gased out walking to the cage in the Crowder fight.

I think he's 100% right on that.

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4983

Hooker vs Vick sounds like a good FOTN candidate. Both durable, push forward, and bang.

PaperTrail07

I will admit I LOVE his fights....continues to embarrass younger "up and coming" fighters.....but they have been a tad slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    There's nothing fun about watching Andrei Arlovski fight brother.

PaperTrail07

the # of times ive confused them is off the charts.....like fighting in the mirror here......
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilCheese View Post
    Hooker vs Vick sounds like a good FOTN candidate. Both durable, push forward, and bang.

Pr0ph3t
    Pr0ph3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Presently $ipping the Edwards Kool-Aid... Good luck!

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

You guys sure about fading the warhorse RDA? I don’t personally think it’s a good idea.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Event Background

The event will mark the promotion's second visit to San Antonio and first since UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens in June 2014.[1]

A welterweight bout between former UFC Lightweight Champion Rafael dos Anjos and Leon Edwards is expected to serve as the event headliner.[2]

Aleksei Oleinik was expected to face Walt Harris on May 4, 2019 at UFC Fight Night: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy.[3] However, Oleinik was pulled from the pairing with Harris on April 3 and instead faced Alistair Overeem at UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Oleinik after former Bellator Heavyweight Champion Alexander Volkov had to withdraw.[4] The pairing has been rescheduled for this event.[5]

A lightweight bout between Alexander Hernandez and Francisco Trinaldo has also been rescheduled for the event.[6] The pairing was first expected to take place on January 26, 2019 at UFC 233.[7] However, Hernandez was pulled from that fight in favor of a bout with former lightweight title challenger Donald Cerrone a week earlier at UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw.[8]

A women's flyweight bout between former UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship challenger Liz Carmouche and former UFC Women's Flyweight Championship challenger Roxanne Modafferi was scheduled for the event. However, Carmouche was pulled from that bout in favor of a rematch with current champion Valentina Shevchenko in August at UFC Fight Night: Shevchenko vs. Carmouche.[9] Modafferi is now expected to face former Invicta FC Flyweight Champion Jennifer Maia in a rematch of their 2016 bout, which Maia won via split decision to defend the title.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on...os_vs._Edwards

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

MMA Pros Pick

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Fukking Colby^

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    You guys sure about fading the warhorse RDA? I don’t personally think it’s a good idea.
    IMO Leon Edwards is bigger than Kevin Lee with more technical kickboxing and striking. RDA has had trouble in the standup with bigger fighters before: Tony Ferguson, Hamaru Usman, etc. Leon Edwards also has good wrestling and grappling as he showed in fights with Vicente Luque and Gunnar Nelson.

On paper Edwards should be the favorite. I wouldn't bet the house on him though. RDA very tough, durable and skilled. Can't look past the man.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Don't agree at all here.....we have a pro bowl talented individual with HUGE speed advantages.....vs a guy who has ZERO impressive wins and honestly does not appears to even want it bad enough.....entitled
    Hardy couldn’t get up off his back with Crowder on top of him. What’s going to happen when Adams gets on top? Watch Adams’s past fights... when he gets top position on guys they don’t get out from under him. I know those guys are bums, but just because Hardy was a pro bowl football player does NOT mean he can develop high level wrestling and grappling in no time. The two aren’t the same. In fact, he probably has to fight all of his instincts not to just try to purely muscle his way out of every bad position. That doesn’t work at this level. Also, I know Adams hasn’t fought a Greg Hardy yet, but have we ever seen him even rocked by a punch? If he has enough of a chin it’s only a matter of time until he gets Hardy on the mat, and I don’t just think he will lay n pray, it’s possible he gets one of those ugly stoppages where Hardy isn’t out but just can’t escape the volume of GnP coming at him because he has no clue how to escape.

Now I’m not saying that Hardy can’t win. He’s always gonna be live, especially early, with that power. I’m just saying it’s no slam dunk at all.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

I was hoping Hardy’s name value would get me solid dog odds on Adams but it seems the books have it about right.
    Points Awarded:

JC2008 gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

the gameplan SEEMS easy for Adams.....I just don't think he follows it...first round propably wont see the ground unless its Adams getting tkO'd...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Hardy couldn’t get up off his back with Crowder on top of him. What’s going to happen when Adams gets on top? Watch Adams’s past fights... when he gets top position on guys they don’t get out from under him. I know those guys are bums, but just because Hardy was a pro bowl football player does NOT mean he can develop high level wrestling and grappling in no time. The two aren’t the same. In fact, he probably has to fight all of his instincts not to just try to purely muscle his way out of every bad position. That doesn’t work at this level. Also, I know Adams hasn’t fought a Greg Hardy yet, but have we ever seen him even rocked by a punch? If he has enough of a chin it’s only a matter of time until he gets Hardy on the mat, and I don’t just think he will lay n pray, it’s possible he gets one of those ugly stoppages where Hardy isn’t out but just can’t escape the volume of GnP coming at him because he has no clue how to escape.

Now I’m not saying that Hardy can’t win. He’s always gonna be live, especially early, with that power. I’m just saying it’s no slam dunk at all.

PaperTrail07

I honestly figured him for -175.....def not a slam dunk BUT....I like it Boys ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    I was hoping Hardy’s name value would get me solid dog odds on Adams but it seems the books have it about right.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

I know I mentioned before about Hardy and the "not going distance" always cashing... then I read that Adams' last fight he went distance (didn't look beyond that one)..... so i guess this one has a chance of going distance, especially if there's a lot of ground time, who knows.

1234 ... Last