JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If Askren deserves a rematch, then so does Robbie Lawler.
    Robbie had his chance to close escrow and pound out Askren on the ground and he couldn't do it.. A flash KO deserves a rematch when getting KO'd in 5 seconds completely fresh Kermy..

Watch the Robbie vs Askren fight again.. Askren weathered the storm and beat Robbie's ass with that bull dog choke under the chin.. No controversy there as he could have kept squeezing and broke his neck IMO.. Here is the fight..

Robbie was dominating early but couldn't finish.. Askren was warmed up and ready to take the punches unlike last night.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-07-19 at 11:44 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Robbie had his chance to close escrow and pound out Askren on the ground and he couldn't do it.. A flash KO deserves a rematch when getting KO'd in 5 seconds completely fresh Kermy..

Watch the Robbie vs Askren fight again.. Askren weathered the storm and beat Robbie's ass with that bull dog choke under the chin.. No controversy there as he could have kept squeezing and broke his neck IMO.. Here is the fight..

Robbie was dominating early but couldn't finish.. Askren was warmed up and ready to take the punches unlike last night.

I've seen the fight numerous times. However, I've never seen a fighter who was choked out to a limp state recover instantly like that, which leads me to believe that Robbie was never choked out. That move was a crank and not a choke, so the end result should not have come by a ref stoppage, but a tap out by the fighter due to pain. Christ, Lawler even gave a thumbs up right in front of Herb's face.

It can also be argued that the ref could have(and probably would have if not for the big debut) stopped the fight when Askren was getting pummeled.

Lawler is one of the classiest fighters that has ever fought in the UFC and he said that he wasn't close to being choked out. Even Askren said that he isn't the ref and can't control what the ref does.

So in the end, we have one absolute legitimate stoppage and one that is going to be plagued by controversy until the end of time.
    Last edited by Kermit; 07-08-19 at 12:13 AM.

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    His post fight interview was savage. He said he would slap Ben around if he saw him at the supermarket. LOL!
    Another highlight was, "It was nothing personal, I just don't like the guy."

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Great vid Right here. Covers everything.

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

people saying rematch. look... he got annihilated on the feet on both fights, he needs to improve his striking skills before getting any top contenders. this bum really starting to resemble maia as an one dimensional fighter.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'd like to see a rematch.. You get caught with a knee on the first strike that is a fluke.. RESET RESTART I SAY on another day..

Ben was a little stupid to duck in and not try to move away to avoid the opening flying knee though. Most fighters slip to the side if that see that coming to open a fight. He'll learn from that hopefully...

Doesn't help when you catch one of those when completely cold either..
    With all due respect, (and you sir definitely deserve a ton of it based on your contributions to this forum,) I have to definitely disagree with the idea that Askren would be able to add enough to his overall MMA skill set, to be able to earn a win over Masvidal. Ben is as one dimensional as it gets in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. With any of the other fighters ranked in the top 15, (top 10 for certain) NEVER in a million years could/would Jorge (and his team) have been able to literally craft a game plan around one specific technique/manuever (the knee in this case, obviously) that they all were pretty sure would stop Jorge's opponent, simply because the opponent was so predictable and was absolutely NO THREAT WHATSOEVER IN ANY POTENTIAL STRIKING EXCHANGE AT ALL.

For Masvidal and his team to be so confident in that one move, and then for Jorge to clearly feel NO NEED to be defensively responsible AT ALL, to the point where he felt perfectly comfortable using that pre-planned technique/maneuver in the opening sequence of what didn't even get a chance to be an actual fight...because it was over before it started (via execution a rematch would almost certainly end with Askren receiving another loss at the hands (knee) of Jorge Masvidal. (And I would personally not mind a bit if I got a chance to win another stack of cash on what was, is, and will be basically a "give me!")

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal is a done deal for UFC 244 - Dana White | ESPN MMA

UFC president Dana White sits down with ESPN MMA's Brett Okamoto to announce that Nate Diaz will fight Jorge Masvidal in the main event of UFC 244 at Madison Square Garden on November 2nd. White says he will have the UFC make a special "BMF" belt just for the 5-round bout.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

BMF belt lol. Dana is the fukn best.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Jorge Masvidal talks Nate Diaz fight, GOES OFF on Colby Covington | Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show

Jorge Masvidal calls into Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show to discuss how his fight vs. Nate Diaz at UFC 244 got put together, saying he originally had accepted a bout against Kamaru Usman. (9:05) Helwani asks about the status of his friendship with Colby Covington, causing Masvidal to sound off.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

Jorge Masvidal joins Kenny Mayne on SportsCenter to reflect on his record-setting knockout of Ben Askren at UFC 239 and previews his fight against Nate Diaz at UFC 244 on November 2nd, at Madison Square Garden.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

I can’t wait for 244, ill be in attendance!

First 12