sleung
    sleung's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serra too Small for Trigg

In mixed martial arts, Trigg has beaten high level grapplers in the past. He has beaten BJJ black belts Marcelo Aguiar, Renato Verissimo, Jiu-Jitsu legend Jean Jacques Machado, Fabiano Iha and Denis Hallman. Trigg is comfortable with fighting grapplers and he will have not problem with Serra.

This is the ideal UFC prop bet to make. In Serra’s last 9 UFC fight 7 of them have went the distance. Even though Serra is outsized he is a scrapper and can fight. He will get batter by Trigg but Trigg does not have the grappling or enough power to put away Serra. Trigg on the other hand, has had 4 decisions in his last 7 fights. He has enough size to avoid Serra in the takedowns and submission attempts and enough skill in the stand up to avoid Serra’s one power shot. The best bet is to do a parlay bet combined with a prop bet for Trigg to win on the moneyline (+110) and for the fight to go the distance(-230).

http://www.fighting-mma.com/mma-matc...rank-trigg.php

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matt hughes didn't seem to have any problems submitting Trigg twice. Both times in rear naked chokes. Also GSP beat him by the same submission and he looked less than impressive against Josh Koscheck. He's probably got a disadvantage in the standup and can easily get submitted. If this does go the distance he can win with a few takedowns, but Serra's takedown defense is good, so it's hard to say.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

not sure any of the guys you listed have better striking than serra

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Matt hughes didn't seem to have any problems submitting Trigg twice. Both times in rear naked chokes. Also GSP beat him by the same submission and he looked less than impressive against Josh Koscheck. He's probably got a disadvantage in the standup and can easily get submitted. If this does go the distance he can win with a few takedowns, but Serra's takedown defense is good, so it's hard to say.
    The thing about it is that gsp, hughes, and koscheck are world-class wrestlers who could take frank trigg down and out muscle him to gain position. Those 3 guys you named are world-class wrestlers who were able to use their wrestling to gain a favorable position on Trigg in and then submit him. Serra is a strong guy and a good wrestler, and obviously great at bjj, but he won't be able to handle Trigg nearly as easily as those 3 and get Trigg in a position be tapped out.

Not that Serra can't do it. But it will be a lot tougher for him then for the gsp, kosheck, or hughes.

ecpenguin
    ecpenguin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post

The thing about it is that gsp, hughes, and koscheck are world-class wrestlers who could take frank trigg down and out muscle him to gain position. Those 3 guys you named are world-class wrestlers who were able to use their wrestling to gain a favorable position on Trigg in and then submit him. Serra is a strong guy and a good wrestler, and obviously great at bjj, but he won't be able to handle Trigg nearly as easily as those 3 and get Trigg in a position be tapped out.

Not that Serra can't do it. But it will be a lot tougher for him then for the gsp, kosheck, or hughes.
    This. Trigg will be much bigger. In my opinion, he is a MW that cuts weight really well. Conversely, Serra is a LW that loves his pasta. I like Trigg up to -150 here.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

if trigg comes in like he actually wants to win, he should take this one fairly easy

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Trigg can be handled...its happened plenty of times before..

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

hey guys im new to this site but a MMA nut. Just based on the eye test i think Trigg has looked like garbage lately and I think serra will put him out of the ufc for good.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    hey guys im new to this site but a MMA nut. Just based on the eye test i think Trigg has looked like garbage lately and I think serra will put him out of the ufc for good.

even though you got no credibility with your stupid avatar, I gotta agree. Trigg's probably just collecting a paycheck, while Serra's actually still a decent fighter. Frank Trigg? come on, seriously...

This is one of the very few times where the UFC fighter's better than the pride fighter

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    You get TONS of credibility from me for your avatar. Serra is the play.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Im gonna go ahead and say Serra..Some good points ive read about Trigg's recent fight performance. He's been performing as bad on the stat card as his fights have looked..