brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

funny thing is it will only be a matter of years before a lot of fighters are processing THC post fight especially for its proven ability to restore bruised and broken bones at an accelerated rate. Lol but diaz was smoking LONG before they discovered this.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    1. you have never got high before clearly which is ok but you'd be better taking advice than giving your opinion here. No one is getting high during before a fight and the pain relief weed offers you isn't going to help with pain induced during a fight. It is weed, it is not novacane that spreads through your body lol...

2. Do you have any examples of your legal hypothetical there because legally it makes no logical sense?
    I've been high plenty of times and you have no idea what you are talking about here at all. You're not looking at the entire picture here. Pot affects everyone differently just like any chemical you take into your body. If you test someone for pot and they smoked it a week prior, there is no way of knowing if they fought while they were high. These rules are in place for all of the fighter's safety.

If Fighter A fights Fighter B while Fighter A is high, then Fighter A could actually be at a disadvantage or an advantage over his competitor at the time of the fight. The company or organization that he works for could come under fire if either fighter decides to sue them because they allowed fighters to fight under the influence.

There is a reason why it is illegal to drive while high the same as it is to drink and drive. Some people with a higher tolerance can do it just fine while others can't handle 3 beers and drive normally.

We need to stop feeling sorry for these high paid athletes when they don't feel the need to abide by the rules.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Kermit, as it goes for pain and sleep relief Advil works way better then high grade weed.. I've smoked weed off and on recreationally for 25 years and I know this from experience.. If I had a wicked abscess tooth pain I'd run for over the counter pain killers before weed.. Combine both even better though...

I'd much rather take 800 mgg (4 advil pills) of Ibuprofen then 2 monster bong load coughers all day long.. Even Benedril works better then weed to relieve pain or sleep problems also.. That's keeping it real.. It's a joke really...

Nick Diaz is bored and smoking weed in his off time for pleasure and didn't show discipline and the rules are the rules.. That's it...
    It's about liability just like any other profession.

Kermit

2. Do you have any examples of your legal hypothetical there because legally it makes no logical sense?

My good friend works for a Satellite Dish company where he makes about 60 grand a year. Not long ago he cut his finger bad in someone's basement and had to get stitches. The first thing he had to do the next day was go in for a drug test. Had he tested positive for marijuana, he would have lost his job. There was no 3 strike rule as these rules were in the documents that he agreed to and signed when he did his orientation.

Now if my friend happened to get high the night before and was perfectly sober when he got hurt, how is supposed to prove that he was not inebriated when he got lacerated?
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-15-15 at 12:04 AM.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My good friend works for a Satellite Dish company where he makes about 60 grand a year. Not long ago he cut his finger bad in someone's basement and had to get stitches. The first thing he had to do the next day was go in for a drug test. Had he tested positive for marijuana, he would have lost his job. There was no 3 strike rule as these rules were in the documents that he agreed to and signed when he did his orientation.

Now if my friend happened to get high the night before and was perfectly sober when he got hurt, how is supposed to prove that he was not inebriated when he got lacerated?
    So either a) Dish Network is run by incompetent dopes who do not understand the effects of marijuana (which may be true given the stories I have heard from employees there and I do not want to hear about the fact that they are in business because good business does not always rise to the top) or b) the policy is in place to protect the employer, less from negligence liability in accidents and more from contract liability in termination cases.

Because everyone is participating in a misguided ideology, does that make it right?

Well the rules are the rules, need to step in line.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    So either a) Dish Network is run by incompetent dopes who do not understand the effects of marijuana (which may be true given the stories I have heard from employees there and I do not want to hear about the fact that they are in business because good business does not always rise to the top) or b) the policy is in place to protect the employer, less from negligence liability in accidents and more from contract liability in termination cases.

Because everyone is participating in a misguided ideology, does that make it right?

Well the rules are the rules, need to step in line.
    I would go with answer B.

Believe me, I have absolutely nothing against pot as I think it should be legal everywhere, but I also understand that employers have to protect themselves.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I've been high plenty of times and you have no idea what you are talking about here at all. You're not looking at the entire picture here. Pot affects everyone differently just like any chemical you take into your body. If you test someone for pot and they smoked it a week prior, there is no way of knowing if they fought while they were high. These rules are in place for all of the fighter's safety.

If Fighter A fights Fighter B while Fighter A is high, then Fighter A could actually be at a disadvantage or an advantage over his competitor at the time of the fight. The company or organization that he works for could come under fire if either fighter decides to sue them because they allowed fighters to fight under the influence.

There is a reason why it is illegal to drive while high the same as it is to drink and drive. Some people with a higher tolerance can do it just fine while others can't handle 3 beers and drive normally.

We need to stop feeling sorry for these high paid athletes when they don't feel the need to abide by the rules.
    lol I always enjoy your broken logic...

It is like the time you said police inherently don't seek out power, even though philosophy says otherwise, because you know 3 of them...lol

no one is getting high before a fight. Stick with the science and don't make up legal situations.

It's about liability just like any other profession.
    you are wrong, saying it over and over isn't going to change anything.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-17-15 at 08:37 AM.

Sanity Check

Interesting.

Kermit

It is like the time you said police inherently don't seek out power, even though philosophy says otherwise, because you know 3 of them...lol

no one is getting high before a fight. Stick with the science and don't make up legal situations.

And you make this claim because you know 3 fighters who would never try and fight after getting high?

Do you see what I just did there?

And didn't Rogan say back when Diaz fought Gomi that the amount of THC that was in Diaz's blood showed that he fought Gomi stoned?
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-18-15 at 12:19 AM.

Kermit

So then what is the logic behind why it is a rule that fighters are not allowed to have traces of marijuana in their system during their scheduled fight?

Personally I think marijuana isn't a big deal at all, but I can also see why the possibility of being high while fighting could most definitely have advantages and disadvantages for different fighters.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

You don't "fight high" if you have trace marijuana metabolites in your system.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Weed will slow your reflex's down, perhaps even make you less aggressive and unaware in a fight depending on how high you are.. It would be stupid for any fighter to fight really high off weed... It is certainly NOT a performance enhancer.... It's just a sleep aid, pain and stress reliever and that's about it.. Has a calming effect... I'd rather be slightly drunk then slightly high off weed if I were fighting personally just put it that way...

As much as I hate Nick Diaz he should not be penalized for this.. Besides 2 of 3 test results came up clean, only one was dirty.. I have a feeling this is not going to stick and Nick Diaz walks away clean...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-18-15 at 07:19 AM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Frank Mir signs new 8 fight deal with UFC

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Frank Mir signs new 8 fight deal with UFC
    My prediction is that he doesn't finish out that deal... Loses 4 or 5 fights in a row and gets cut or gets a career ending injury and retires...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Was thinking of Jon Jones today when I was working out and out for a run.. I know former friends that have had cocaine/crack addictions.. Some still on it some went clean... Very hard to break that crack habit once you get hooked on it.. It takes either going broke or going to jail for most to kick it...Can take years or decades for some if they have money coming in and don't get popped..

I picture Jon Jones with all his money just sheltered up in his home, blinds drawn, girls on call, smoking away and having sex day after day and loving it right now.. He hasn't been training and or seen much of these days and that's never a good sign...

Anyways, watching UFC tonight show as they report Jon Jones is MIA and not coming back anytime soon.. Just confirms my suspicions.. Seen crack take down the strongest of men and turn them into just shells of what they could have been.. It's a hell of a drug.. Could take decades to kick it if you're really stubborn or don't die or quit from a heart attack scare first..

I only can imagine he gets the good stuff too which is even more addictive and troublesome... Much like Lamar Odom in the NBA, we've seen him fall off the radar for good because of his love for crack cocaine... He gets the good pure stuff also I bet.. Lost his NBA career and wife from it...

Sad... ..

Say goodbye to Jon Jones MMA fans as I don't think we'll ever see him again in the cage unless he has a LOVING family intervention and really gets tired of it and wants to quit.. It has to be the combination of the 2, Intervention and WANTS TO QUIT at some level in his mind...

Jon Jones I put in the same category as Lamar Odom these days... Done and finished..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-15 at 07:38 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol... Good for Travis..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Was thinking of Jon Jones today when I was working out and out for a run.. I know former friends that have had cocaine/crack addictions.. Some still on it some went clean... Very hard to break that crack habit once you get hooked on it.. It takes either going broke or going to jail for most to kick it...Can take years or decades for some if they have money coming in and don't get popped..

I picture Jon Jones with all his money just sheltered up in his home, blinds drawn, girls on call, smoking away and having sex day after day and loving it right now.. He hasn't been training and or seen much of these days and that's never a good sign...

Anyways, watching UFC tonight show as they report Jon Jones is MIA and not coming back anytime soon.. Just confirms my suspicions.. Seen crack take down the strongest of men and turn them into just shells of what they could have been.. It's a hell of a drug.. Could take decades to kick it if you're really stubborn or don't die or quit from a heart attack scare first..

I only can imagine he gets the good stuff too which is even more addictive and troublesome... Much like Lamar Odom in the NBA, we've seen him fall off the radar for good because of his love for crack cocaine... He gets the good pure stuff also I bet.. Lost his NBA career and wife from it...

Sad... ..

Say goodbye to Jon Jones MMA fans as I don't think we'll ever see him again in the cage unless he has a LOVING family intervention and really gets tired of it and wants to quit.. It has to be the combination of the 2, Intervention and WANTS TO QUIT at some level in his mind...

Jon Jones I put in the same category as Lamar Odom these days... Done and finished..

#GameOver #HessssBAACKKKKKKKK

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^I hope Jon Jones does come back.. He's probably on crack deadlifting all that weight in the vid though. I don't see him pulling off that super human feat sober... Lol....

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

^ U pissed him off Jibbs.. now he's doing a whole camp without his s***.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

S. Miocic (training injury) has pulled out from UFC Fight Night 76.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kinda funny but not really that I just mentioned Lamar Odom in the same breath as Jon Jones in my above post... Had a feeling... Dead at age 35.. Hope Jon Jones doesn't go down that same path.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2494550/is-...-believe-this/

http://tmztoday.com/lamar-odom-pronounced-dead-at-35/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-14-15 at 11:51 AM.

Kermit

JoJo Calderwood out of fight night 80 with PVZ December 10th.

New main event Rose Namajunas vs Paige VanZant

THE_LOCKSMITH

Dustin Poirier vs Joseph Duffy fight rescheduled for UFC 195 on Jan. 2

Ross Pearson vs Francisco Trinaldo booked for Jan. 17 in Boston

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    You don't "fight high" if you have trace marijuana metabolites in your system.
    You need to fight keeping both hands out your pants virgin pussy boy

THE_LOCKSMITH

well this is happening this weekend (October 31, 2015) didn't really think it deserved its own thread

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    You need to fight keeping both hands out your pants virgin pussy boy

THE_LOCKSMITH

Rousimar Palhares suspended two years, fined $40k by NSAC for WSOF 22 misconduct

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Rousimar Palhares suspended two years, fined $40k by NSAC for WSOF 22 misconduct
    He's a human bear trap.

Sanity Check

I know journalists are crying about this but that sounds about right to me.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Just watched UFC tonight show.. Jon Jones is coming back which is awesome but it's clear DC is gonna make him work and have a few fights first before the rematch title shot happens... Only problem is JJ has beat everyone in the division already including DC.. Lol.. What's the point?

DC fights JJ in Madison Square Garden would be cool!!!

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

My lord!!! Khabib is out with a rib injury. Guy is going to be out nearly 2 years by the time he fights again!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    My lord!!! Khabib is out with a rib injury. Guy is going to be out nearly 2 years by the time he fights again!
    Can't believe this shit.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Tony Ferguson vs Edson Barboza fight set for TUF 22 Finale with Khabib Nurmagomedov injured
    Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 10-30-15 at 02:09 PM.

First 12345 ... Last