Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Why does everyone hate Luca so much?

I chat with him on twitter, he seems like a pretty nice guy. What's the deal?

I mean sure he has an ego, but when I'm in my kitchen I have an ego as well. Not sure I really understand the constant Luca bashing, and he does give out several plays for free, never really had an issue when consulting him just to discuss picks and things as well.

Think you should all probably lay off a bit. Half the threads here seem to degenerate into Luca bashing these days, its not good for the forum.

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im sure hes a great guy and If I ever meet him in person I would probably really like him because we all share similar interests (betting and mma).

However its so easy and feels good to hate on the internet. no repercussions, anyone and their dog can do it.

I dont hate Luca but I dislike his personality which he portrays on the internet.

His ego and arrogance is at level 10 while his actual skill level in capping fights, is around level 7.5 and yes this is obviously only my opinion.

He is a good capper and a long term successful one as well, but he is also over arrogant for his abilities. By the way he speaks you would think hes a god and there is no one better than him on this planet and never will be..while in reality hes just a very good capper compared to our mediocre current society. he is not a genius.

He also puts himself out there too much, Its a natural human tendency to hate anyone who puts him/her self out in the public no matter how successful you are or not.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Where's that "crap thread" image when you need it.

Here's the truth: Luca isn't a bad guy. He's very approachable and I think he's likeable. I talk to him pretty frequently and I have no issues with him as a person whatsoever. The reason that Luca gets so much hate is because he really goes overboard in pretty much everything he does. That's not necessarily a bad personality trait, but on SBR, it works against him. When people question him, he has a tendency to blow it way out of proportion and take it far too personally. Sometimes, people are being massive tools to him and he is right to defend himself, but sometimes he's just taking offhand remarks as personal attacks. He resorts to posting his record in response to every criticism thrown at him, he can be very insulting at times (although I think he often doesn't mean to be). I think that it's very easy for people to get the impression that he's an arrogant asshole from the way he posts, but from talking to him in private I know that's not the case. Most importantly, his tendency to go overboard applies three-fold to posting his results. Luca believes that he gets criticism because he posts his results, and quite rightly points out that others post their results and get no such criticism. The issue with this is the format and frequency with which Luca posts his results. The event thread for the last UFC card was completely cluttered with virtually copy-pasted posts that went pretty much exactly like this: "Boom! +____u. x-x on premium plays, and x-x on free plays, for a total of +Xu for the night, not including my round robin which also cashed! Great night!". Over and over again. I had a discussion with Luca about it in private, and I told him that if he just made one post with his results in it at the end of the night, or even started his own thread, he'd get far less criticism. I hope he takes it to heart, because he comes off like a spam bot at times.

He deserves some of the flack he gets for his more dickish remarks, and for his advertising, but when guys like Sykes are showing up and insulting him with every post just because he's a tout, that's completely different. He doesn't deserve that at all and it's completely unnecessary. I couldn't care less if Luca wants to sell his plays, good for him. Honestly, listening to Luca bashers bash while Defensive Luca defends is even more tiresome than Luca's advertising.
    Last edited by MD; 09-27-13 at 10:41 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jealouz foolz cos Fury is a master at pickin winnerz and has a massive a shlong
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rosietop

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    This.

rosietop

Hes just too arrogant, you gotta bring it down a notch brother, at the end of the day we are all in the same boat, we are all mortal human beings.

I have made a thousand more units than Lucas premium and free picks have ever made in its existence (you dont have to believe me Luca and no I will not prove it because its hard to prove and Im not give you my betting account details) but I will never become a tout no matter how good I am. I dont have the arrogance to think I am good enough to get peoples money and give them winning mma picks like Im some god. If you are good at wining mma bets then just profit for yourself, why issint that enough? Why be arrogant and push for other peoples money? that irks me. He has an unrealistic view of himself and his abilities.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

http://sacrelicious.mysbrforum.com/p...l/s3kTm2yi.jpg

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Who the f is Luca?

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Who the f is Luca?
    She explains her story in this song...

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He's practically begging for it so let the boys have their fun S

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

He deserves some of the flack he gets for his more dickish remarks, and for his advertising, but when guys like Sykes are showing up and insulting him with every post just because he's a tout, that's completely different. He doesn't deserve that at all and it's completely unnecessary. I couldn't care less if Luca wants to sell his plays, good for him. Honestly, listening to Luca bashers bash while Defensive Luca defends is even more tiresome than Luca's advertising.
    Usually I do an excellent job at flat out ignoring him so dont single me out because I took the piss once or twice, my excuse for the last UFC is I couldn't watch the fights.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Yes, I post my records etc and will point out why I am great at gambling, BUT… It's only when someone tries to lie about me and say I'm not. I don't do it randomly.

Say you were a doctor and you dedicated your life to your job. You were great at it and all the hard work you put into it was paying off. Obviously you would have a lot of pride in what you do.

Then you see some jackass spreading lies about you, trying too discredit all the work you put in because they're a jealous douche who hates their own life.

You're not going to show proof of why you're a great doctor? Not going to show them your license, diploma, awards, etc so you can laugh at exposing them as a lying, jealous piece of shit? Of course you are.

I've dedicated my entire life to gambling and not only that, it's something I'm good at and share that success with others by giving out my bets that have won people lots of money over the years. Yet being generous seems to bring in as many trolls and haters as it does people who are grateful. The best part is, I know for a fact some of the same people who bash me for no reason also TAIL MY BETS THEMSELVES. It's all jealousy.

Luca Fury

Look at my post history. You'll see I pop in a thread, give my opinion on a fight or a topic, then someone bashes me for no reason at all and says I suck at betting or something. Then I'll point out why they're wrong and yes, I don't hold back when I do. If someone is going to be a dick to me, I'm going to be a dick right back. An eye for an eye. But you'll see that I never go after anyone unprovoked. I treat people however they treat me.

Look at Sideloaded and WannaBet. They were dicks to me for no reason, so I was a dick right back. Then they started acting normal and nice to me, so I am nice to them back.

It's just funny how I never have started a single conflict on here, but because I reply to people who bash me for no reason and completely clown them, I get pegged as the bad guy.

Luca Fury

And before anyone says I get bashed because I sell my bets, that's not true at all.

1: I have only been selling for only 3 months now. I was getting bashed nonstop even when I was giving out bets for free for years before I started selling, so the trolls just use selling picks as an excuse.

2: Even if the bashing really was just because I sell picks, that still wouldn't be warranted. My paid bets have been very profitable and are all documented. It's all transparent, there is nothing shady about it, and everyone who has paid for the picks has made great profit. So how is it a bad thing that I charge for service that has value? Now if I wasn't documented, was caught trying to lie about records or was losing, I would completely understand being bashed.

3: I give out more free bets than I do paid bets, and those have been super profitable as well. So even people who don't want to pay can still tail me and make good money.

Also, someone just tweeted this, how timely:

A person hates you for at least 1 of 3 reasons:
    1. They hate themselves.
    2. They want to be you.
    3. They see you as threat.

That is so true.
    Last edited by Luca Fury; 09-28-13 at 07:56 PM.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Someone just tweeted this, how timely:

A person hates you for at least 1 of 3 reasons:
    1. They hate themselves.
    2. They want to be you.
    3. They see you as threat.

That is so true.
    I doubt that anyone here hates you. Also, you can hate someone because you despise their personality. I hate exactly two people in the world, and for none of those three reasons.

Luca Fury

I doubt that anyone here hates you. Also, you can hate someone because you despise their personality. I hate exactly two people in the world, and for none of those three reasons.
    Many times you hate someone for reasons that you don't realize.

This has happened to me before. I hate someone and I say to myself it's not for one of those reasons. Eventually, I always realize it is for one of them. Always.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Many times you hate someone for reasons that you don't realize.

This has happened to me before. I hate someone and I say to myself it's not for one of those reasons. Eventually, I always realize it is for one of them. Always.
    Which of the 3 reasons do I hate Adolf Hitler for?

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    For the harm that he did, which would go under the threat category. Even though he's dead now, he was once a threat.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

For the harm that he did, which would go under the threat category. Even though he's dead now, he was once a threat.
    Wrong. I hate him because he ruined a perfectly fine moustache style.
    Points Awarded:

brokenbrain gave NunyaBidness 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cheeese gave NunyaBidness 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cheeese, and Vaughany

MD

Except that he isn't a threat. How can you see someone as a threat if they're dead, and you know they can't threaten you in any way?

"3. They see you as a threat."

Luca Fury

Wrong. I hate him because he ruined a perfectly fine moustache style.
    Tell that to Michael Jordan…

Name:  michael-jordan-mustache-hitler.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  24.6 KB

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

...the 4th, and secret reason - no helipad

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Look at Sideloaded and WannaBet. They were dicks to me for no reason, so I was a dick right back. Then they started acting normal and nice to me, so I am nice to them back.
    I don't know Wannabet but Sideloaded is a complete ass clown. He invaded my thread was proven wrong the bet he came in to criticize. My bet won and he looked like an ass. Instead of just admitting he was wrong he continues to hate. Complete jackass.

MD

Does anyone actually believe that a person cannot feel hatred for another human being because they view the person's actions or personality as despicable? Serious question.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    I don't know Wannabet but Sideloaded is a complete ass clown. He invaded my thread was proven wrong the bet he came in to criticize. My bet won and he looked like an ass. Instead of just admitting he was wrong he continues to hate. Complete jackass.
    It's weird, because he can actually be a cool dude. I don't why he feels the need to be so hateful.

rosietop

Thanks for the reply Luca.

And to be honest I also find it disgusting how some people have outright lied about you scamming people and all that untrue stuff. I Google your name and Im linked to "Lucas new Scam here on SBR" which is sad and pathetic.

people can feel free to share their opinions but making serious false accusations is never acceptable.

Me personally, I dont hate you but I dislike the persona you display on the internet (its just my opinion so who cares right?), I even mentioned the truth in how you are a successful long term mma gambler and proven as well which is very good to see. I see a lot of people claim to be successful at gambling mma but wont show all bets before the event.

My opinion of you as an mma capper is that you are generally a very good capper compared to most mma forums but you do make some silly bets from time to time like Thiago Tavares over Khabib Nurma. And I wouldn't call you 'gifted' but rather much more interested and capable at winning mma bets than the most of society currently.

I do wish you the best of luck in your mmaoddsbreaker premium bets.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Does anyone actually believe that a person cannot feel hatred for another human being because they view the person's actions or personality as despicable? Serious question.
    I was going to ask my friend who has a phD in psychology this, but then I saw that someone on the internet tweeted otherwise, so case closed.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

It's weird, because he can actually be a cool dude. I don't why he feels the need to be so hateful.
    There is a way to disagree and then there is being a total douche. Coming into a thread and calling a pick stupid without any basis then having that blow up in your face is just embarrassing. If I disagree I will just state my facts on how I see something. He acted like a total jackass without any provocation. In the end I got the last laugh and that's all that mattered.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    Thanks for the reply Luca.

And to be honest I also find it disgusting how some people have outright lied about you scamming people and all that untrue stuff. I Google your name and Im linked to "Lucas new Scam here on SBR" which is sad and pathetic.

people can feel free to share their opinions but making serious false accusations is never acceptable.

Me personally, I dont hate you but I dislike the persona you display on the internet (its just my opinion so who cares right?), I even mentioned the truth in how you are a successful long term mma gambler and proven as well which is very good to see. I see a lot of people claim to be successful at gambling mma but wont show all bets before the event.

My opinion of you as an mma capper is that you are generally a very good capper compared to most mma forums but you do make some silly bets from time to time like Thiago Tavares over Khabib Nurma. And I wouldn't call you 'gifted' but rather much more interested and capable at winning mma bets than the most of society currently.

I do wish you the best of luck in your mmaoddsbreaker premium bets.
    I appreciate it. And yeah, I don't care if someone doesn't like my persona since, like you said, that's an opinion and everyone has a different one. However, spreading lies about me is a different animal. People who do that deserve to be clowned on.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    There is a way to disagree and then there is being a total douche. Coming into a thread and calling a pick stupid without any basis then having that blow up in your face is just embarrassing. If I disagree I will just state my facts on how I see something. He acted like a total jackass without any provocation. In the end I got the last laugh and that's all that mattered.
    This is how I operate too. If I disagree with something, I post facts to back my claims. Matters of opinion or feeling are not worth arguing over. Sadly, 99% of people argue over baseless opinions and feelings, and have no evidence or facts to back their claims.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Yes, I post my records etc and will point out why I am great at gambling, BUT… It's only when someone tries to lie about me and say I'm not. I don't do it randomly.

Say you were a doctor and you dedicated your life to your job. You were great at it and all the hard work you put into it was paying off. Obviously you would have a lot of pride in what you do.

Then you see some jackass spreading lies about you, trying too discredit all the work you put in because they're a jealous douche who hates their own life.

You're not going to show proof of why you're a great doctor? Not going to show them your license, diploma, awards, etc so you can laugh at exposing them as a lying, jealous piece of shit? Of course you are.

I've dedicated my entire life to gambling and not only that, it's something I'm good at and share that success with others by giving out my bets that have won people lots of money over the years. Yet being generous seems to bring in as many trolls and haters as it does people who are grateful. The best part is, I know for a fact some of the same people who bash me for no reason also TAIL MY BETS THEMSELVES. It's all jealousy.
    What if someone was a great doctor AND gambler?!

OK fine, a shitty doctor... same goes for gambler... sigh... You win

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    What if someone was a great doctor AND gambler?!

OK fine, a shitty doctor... same goes for gambler... sigh... You win
    LOL!!! I see what you did there, and I like it!

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

That shit luca reposted is just what people use to play the victim. Of course you can hate someone because of their actions or personality, though I supppose there's some truth to hating being something done more often by people who don't have enough good in their own life to focus on.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Here's a good reason to hate him:

Oh, and if you truly think I'm powerless Nunya, I have this dude's name, home address, PayPal account info and email addresses since he bought picks from us. That info comes in very handy for a wide variety of things.
    Definitely would rethink buying picks from a guy whos got that attitude.

Luca Fury

Here's a good reason to hate him:

Definitely would rethink buying picks from a guy whos got that attitude.
    Yep, I have a bad attitude because I block people from leaking my premium bets. LOL!

Also LOL at how you're going in every single thread with that post. I mean, how butt hurt and jealous can you be?

1234 ... Last