littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

FYI btc miners fee Alert

Just a FYI make sure you send appropriate miners fee this weekend as it’s gone up big time or expect delays in confirmation The fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 182 satoshis/byte
    https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: acquavallo

solring
    solring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3434

Wow, I just used 106 on Monday...

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

This is why I argue bitcoin can never maintain a five figure value. When it was 15k+ it cost $15 or more to send a bitcoin transaction. I one time saw Gemini have to pay a $50 tx fee when I withdrew.

It will never be a cheap way for people to buy goods, ie a currency, when it costs several dollars just to transact. Store of good maybe but pretty much just money laundering and shady pump and dumps of large capital is all it attracts these days.

Wish it would just STAY at 4-5k long term. Annoying when it’s volatile like now, cannot wager on Fairlay.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    This is why I argue bitcoin can never maintain a five figure value. When it was 15k+ it cost $15 or more to send a bitcoin transaction. I one time saw Gemini have to pay a $50 tx fee when I withdrew.

It will never be a cheap way for people to buy goods, ie a currency, when it costs several dollars just to transact. Store of good maybe but pretty much just money laundering and shady pump and dumps of large capital is all it attracts these days.

Wish it would just STAY at 4-5k long term. Annoying when it’s volatile like now, cannot wager on Fairlay.
    Fees only go up when people choose to pay more.

It's a free market.

jackbo
    jackbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19757

I sent $500 to Heritage last night...now it's valued at $450 with 0/3 confirmations.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jackbo View Post
    I sent $500 to Heritage last night...now it's valued at $450 with 0/3 confirmations.
    Volatility just another reason, to Eagles point, that crypto will never be accepted by the general public, or by merchants.

I have to imagine in the next few years the landscape of crypto will have to morph to where only the original base idea and blockchain technology remain, but will have an entirly different application within the marketplace

It will be like going from a walkman to an ipod. Same general principle, but completely different world.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: icon

littlekona

$0.0047 BCH Vs $2.47 BTC miners fee's BCH confirms near instant too...Now a guy could go but an ice cream cone with BCH it's logical not so much with BTC

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Volatility just another reason, to Eagles point, that crypto will never be accepted by the general public, or by merchants.

I have to imagine in the next few years the landscape of crypto will have to morph to where only the original base idea and blockchain technology remain, but will have an entirly different application within the marketplace

It will be like going from a walkman to an ipod. Same general principle, but completely different world.
    To remove volatility, I’m surprised a pegged cryptocurrency (stablecoin) hasn’t taken off and is offered for deposits/withdrawals.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    To remove volatility, I’m surprised a pegged cryptocurrency (stablecoin) hasn’t taken off and is offered for deposits/withdrawals.
    I wish BCH took the top spot...fees are pennies and never any delays in confirmation

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I wish BCH took the top spot...fees are pennies and never any delays in confirmation
    what wallet do you use for BCH? What books accept it?

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Feel like they were getting momentum and accepted at many more books till their recent fork :|

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

This dumb increase in tx caused me to increase my exposure immensely. VERY unhappy. Withdrew 0.4 BTC from fairlay to sell on LBC, sent at 10:30am, was not confirmed and added to account until 4:45pm, too late for 2 sellers I tried contacting. FURIOUS because now I have 3-4 days of exposure at a huge price high with a lot of resistance.