ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Bought 1 ltc today with debit for 220. Only submitted once, no problems just like any other time. My debit charges me the 220 plus $8 intl fee. I look at my debit card transactions a few hrs later and notice an additional charge was made for exactly $320 plus an 11.20 intl fee (from my bank) from coinbase..so a 228 charge and a 331 charge...go on coinbase and see no record of the transaction. Wtf! Then I see a text alert from my debit card that a $320 charge from coinbase was refunded back to my card...but not the $11.20 fee my card charged me...

So it looks like cb fukked up and erroneously charged me when I bought the ltc earlier...and gave me the money back but I'm out 11 bucks from my bank for the intl fee on the 320 supposed purchase.

Anyone ever see this happen? Is my only option to contact my bank and explain the situation to get my 11 bucks back? Dont think I will ever use cb again. I sent an email to them but probably won't get answered.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Call the bank and tell them to give you the $11 back since you were refunded.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Coinbase have phone support now if you can't get it sorted out by email.

I would not bother with your bank. I'd expect Coinbase will either credit your LTC account or refund the fee to your card when you ask, as it is clearly their fault.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Coinbase just withdrew $300 unauthorized from my bank. A $300 withdrawal WAS authorized on FEB 9th, but NOT on FEB 15. The $300 withdrawn today (FEB 15) has just disappeared. Taken from my bank and not credited to my Coinbase account. Sent email explaining the situation. Response said that issue might take 7 days to be responded to. Sure as hell not waiting 7 days to be responded to concerning an unauthorized bank withdrawal where the money just disappears. Will call customer service and let SBR members (who use Coinbase) know.

Probably just a Coinbase error, but doesn't give a customer a good feeling knowing his bank account is vulnerable.

Optional

This is disconcerting. Could easily miss a 300 dollar transfer going out.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Yeah its happening to alot of ppl, ppl are being double charged when they buy and being charged from old transactions, they got me as well but refunded the money back at the same time but im out the service fees from my bank i would not buy from them until they get it sorted out(unless you wanna risk the double charge) and no, ive never seen this happen with them dunno whats going on
    Last edited by Venom72; 02-15-18 at 06:35 AM.

Roscoe_Word

Currently on hold for customer service for 35 minuets and counting.

45 minuets, don't think they're gonna take my call.
    Last edited by Roscoe_Word; 02-15-18 at 09:50 AM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Currently on hold for customer service for 35 minuets and counting.

45 minuets, don't think they're gonna take my call.
    Other people have said it has taken about an hour on hold, but once you get through they are very good and will call you back etc if needed until its resolved.

Hang in there. Probably a lot of people calling with the same issue.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

I read on their site somewhere that they're only taking calls if it's a locked out account issue or if account got hacked. Fukking bs they can just steal 11 bucks from me. what happens next time I go to buy a ltc or some eth or whatever for 200 and they charge me 2000 with a $100 service fee?

Going to start looking into gemini.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Going to start looking into gemini.

squareup.com another new US licensed one that another poster has been saying is good.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Other people have said it has taken about an hour on hold, but once you get through they are very good and will call you back etc if needed until its resolved.

Hang in there. Probably a lot of people calling with the same issue.
    Finally got through on phone after about 50 minuets. Told the rep the situation and answered some questions. Rep sent an email, which I responded to with a snap short of bank transactions.

Will report back with update. Thanks for the support.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Roscoe_Word 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Update?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

https://status.coinbase.com/incidents/355zntb6b09f

Mini statement from cb regarding the issue

Roscoe_Word

Update?
    No refund for me yet.

phillyhata1
    phillyhata1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

im on hold right now for 45 min so far. they hit me up for over 1500.00

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by phillyhata1 View Post
    im on hold right now for 45 min so far. they hit me up for over 1500.00
    Oh S-h-i-t.

leadpipe
    leadpipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Same here....5 different charges too

280$
    280$
    193$
    200$
    545$

ISA Charges too

WTF?!? Should I call bank or Coinbase?

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by leadpipe View Post
    Same here....5 different charges too

280$
    280$
    193$
    200$
    545$

ISA Charges too

WTF?!? Should I call bank or Coinbase?
    I called Coinbase. About 1 hour on hold. They ask for some verifying info. They sent me an email asking for screenshot of unauthorized bank withdrawals. Currently waiting for refund. Don't know if should goto bank and put "block" on Coinbase withdrawals in case more unauthorized withdrawals continue.

leadpipe
    leadpipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

After hour long hold with Coinbase CS I was told the refunds would automatically go to affected bank accounts. I also received this email:

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the poor experience and promise to ensure any customer affected by this issue is fully refunded for any incorrect charge.
    As you are aware, some customers were recently charged incorrectly for purchases of digital currency with their credit and debit cards. This is related to the recent MCC code change by the card networks and card issuers charging additional fees. At this time we have identified a solution and any future purchases will not be affected by this issue.
    If you were impacted by this issue, we will make sure you are refunded in full. We expect this to happen for customers automatically through their bank, however there is no timeline we can provide at the moment. We will communicate any updates through this support case, and on our status page and blog.
    We apologize for the trouble, thanks for your patience as we work as fast as we can to help anyone affected by this.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by leadpipe View Post
    After hour long hold with Coinbase CS I was told the refunds would automatically go to affected bank accounts. I also received this email:

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the poor experience and promise to ensure any customer affected by this issue is fully refunded for any incorrect charge.
    As you are aware, some customers were recently charged incorrectly for purchases of digital currency with their credit and debit cards. This is related to the recent MCC code change by the card networks and card issuers charging additional fees. At this time we have identified a solution and any future purchases will not be affected by this issue.
    If you were impacted by this issue, we will make sure you are refunded in full. We expect this to happen for customers automatically through their bank, however there is no timeline we can provide at the moment. We will communicate any updates through this support case, and on our status page and blog.
    We apologize for the trouble, thanks for your patience as we work as fast as we can to help anyone affected by this.

Thanks for update. Guess all we can do now is "wait and see."

Roscoe_Word

Did any of you guys get refunded?

Optional

It will be days, if not a week or two for some banks to get these fees reversed I would guess.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It will be days, if not a week or two for some banks to get these fees reversed I would guess.
    Thanks

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Waiting for a response from them to my email to even show them the screenshot of the bad transactions..guessing it could take a very long time to make it right

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

I went and took a look at my Elan Vsa statement online. Sure enough, I got charged $500 + $10 foreign transaction fee + $20 cash equivalent fee yesterday. I was then credited the same amounts. So, it looks like they've already corrected their mistakes.

Guessing it stems from a $500 buy I had with Coinbase on Feb 2.

Just got an email from Coinbase saying it was not their fault - it's the CC company's...

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

I had one for $200 come out of my bank 2 days ago. I hadn't looked at my online banking for a few days. When I logged in and looked at my transactions I saw that coinbase had debited my account with the fee but the same day my bank refunded all the money to me without me even knowing for a day.

I got an email tonight from Coinbase apologizing saying it was a duplicate transaction that went through. Which is weird as I haven't put money on their site in over a month. I did find it funny that they apologize but then say it wasn't them. What a joke.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I had one for $200 come out of my bank 2 days ago. I hadn't looked at my online banking for a few days. When I logged in and looked at my transactions I saw that coinbase had debited my account with the fee but the same day my bank refunded all the money to me without me even knowing for a day.

I got an email tonight from Coinbase apologizing saying it was a duplicate transaction that went through. Which is weird as I haven't put money on their site in over a month. I did find it funny that they apologize but then say it wasn't them. What a joke.
    Glad you had your issue resolved with not too much trouble.
    Thanks for the update unde, I got refunded too, but had to raise hell to do so.

Last edited by Roscoe_Word; 02-17-18 at 04:04 AM.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

I got refunded the same time it happend, and ive deposited and sold bitcoin thru them since,no issues

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Never got my fee back so I'ma trying calling bank tomorrow.

Roscoe_Word

Never got my fee back so I'ma trying calling bank tomorrow.
    Stay on their ass, Tha. They've got to refund you.

cornmeal
    cornmeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1208

Just wanted to see if anybody else has been refunded? I had 3 separate duplicate transactions, my bank gave me provisional credits because they where the same authorization numbers that had previously posted. Ive received the same generic responses from coinbase, but no movement as far as refunds. You read all this garbage on reddit everybody getting refunds, I know 99% are full of shit
    Last edited by cornmeal; 02-20-18 at 12:00 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by cornmeal View Post
    Just wanted to see if anybody else has been refunded? I had 3 separate duplicate transactions, my bank gave me provisional credits because they where the same authorization numbers that had previously posted. Ive have received the same generic responses from coinbase, but no movement as far as refunds. You read all this garbage on reddit everybody getting refunds, I know 99% are full of shit
    I guess it depends on your bank. My bank refunded my money immediately without any questions asked. Sucks you had this happen multiple times. I was lucky it only happened once.

cornmeal
    cornmeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1208

Thanks 0087
    It will be interesting how this plays out for everyone affected

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by cornmeal View Post
    Thanks 0087
    It will be interesting how this plays out for everyone affected
    Well good thing is several in this thread have been paid back. Like Roscoe said earlier, have to keep the pressure on and eventually you will be paid back. Good luck.

phillyhata1
    phillyhata1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

Just left my bank still nothing. 4 transactions totaling 1900.00. Still no response from coinbase to my email

12 Last