1. #1
    gavin
    gavin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-26-09
    Posts: 1,268
    Betpoints: 389

    do you withdraw to your coinbase account or Bitcoin Wallet?

    I have no idea...bitcoin is confusing
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/19/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/12/2018


  2. #2
    ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 682
    Betpoints: 1442

    There's a thread that should answer all your questions at the top of the bitcoin sports betting section

  3. #3
    5mike5
    NA$$$CAR
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-11
    Posts: 32,930
    Betpoints: 51

    I send to wallet.

    But thats what I have always done

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/15/2018


  4. #4
    gavin
    gavin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-26-09
    Posts: 1,268
    Betpoints: 389

    thanks. i tried it to the wallet
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/19/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/12/2018


  5. #5
    bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-17
    Posts: 104

    Are you talking from a sportsbook? If so, I wouldnt withdraw straight to coinbase....they might ban your account. Withdraw from sportsbook to blockchain, exodus, electrum wallet, then send to coinbase to cash out

  6. #6
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 43,195
    Betpoints: 317

    sportsbook ---> blockchain or airbitz or mycellium or whatever ---> coinbase


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRm1SiQv_ow

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mYvqlhzF0A&t=7s

  7. #7
    bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-12-17
    Posts: 104

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    sportsbook ---> blockchain or airbitz or mycellium or whatever ---> coinbase


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRm1SiQv_ow

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mYvqlhzF0A&t=7s

    Must be an echo in here

  8. #8
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 67,358
    Betpoints: 4878

    I go one better:

    Sportsbook ---> Blockchain ---> Kraken exchange ---> Coinbase

    That way if Coinbase ever questions you, you have the built-in excuse of being trader at Kraken,

  9. #9
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 43,195
    Betpoints: 317

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I go one better:

    Sportsbook ---> Blockchain ---> Kraken exchange ---> Coinbase

    That way if Coinbase ever questions you, you have the built-in excuse of being trader at Kraken,

  10. #10
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 2,062
    Betpoints: 5515

    Or you could save yourself some money and not use coinbase at all. They are a complete scumbag company that does not care about it's customers. Trust me.
    Points Awarded:

    MeanPeopleSuck gave themike78 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  11. #11
    Goatman
    Goatman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-27-17
    Posts: 100

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Or you could save yourself some money and not use coinbase at all. They are a complete scumbag company that does not care about it's customers. Trust me.
    I too am done with Coinbase. Before I sign up for Kraken, do they have a referral program like Coinbase does, with a small bonus for both parties? Just curious.

  12. #12
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 4,443
    Betpoints: 126

    Yeah coin base is a ripoff

    What about bitcoin from sbr? Should we go through blockchain then to bits tamp or straight to bitstamp?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/19/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/08/2018


  13. #13
    5mike5
    NA$$$CAR
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-11
    Posts: 32,930
    Betpoints: 51

    I don't even mess with any exchanges.

    book to blockchain wallet to bitpay card

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/15/2018


  14. #14
    MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-17
    Posts: 703
    Betpoints: 499

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
    I too am done with Coinbase. Before I sign up for Kraken, do they have a referral program like Coinbase does, with a small bonus for both parties? Just curious.
    You're absolutely right to dump Coinbase -- they're the direct defendant in a lawsuit by the IRS to get YOUR trading records.

    But Kraken has a lousy reputation in the bitcoin community, too. Their charts are hard to read, they constantly break down and their live markets aren't very live. Instead, you might want to consider:

    1. https://www.bitstamp.net/ -- If you're not concerned about alt coins (they only trade BTC, XRP, LTC and ETH) and don't mind a lack of margin trading and short selling, then Bitstamp's a great option. They're fully EU regulated, incorporated in Luxembourg and operate out of Slovenia, so they're completely independent of whatever precedent gets set in the IRS vs Coinbase decision.

    2. https://www.bitfinex.com/ -- If you're not located in the US, Bitfinex allows completely anonymous trading. They offer about 15 alts, margin and short trading.

    3. https://bittrex.com/ -- If you like alt coins, Bittrex is THE place to be, offering over 100 coins. They're US based, so they will be subject to the precedent set in IRS vs Coinbase, but they allow some small stakes anonymous trading. If you verify your ID, they also offer margin and short selling.

  15. #15
    MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-17
    Posts: 703
    Betpoints: 499

    Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    thanks. i tried it to the wallet
    Bitcoin definitely is confusing at the beginning. Did your problem get fixed? If not, pm me, I'll be happy to walk you through it.

  16. #16
    soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-09-08
    Posts: 1,170
    Betpoints: 576

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    I don't even mess with any exchanges.

    book to blockchain wallet to bitpay card
    But to be fair, you know s'little about BTC.

  17. #17
    Goatman
    Goatman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-27-17
    Posts: 100

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    You're absolutely right to dump Coinbase -- they're the direct defendant in a lawsuit by the IRS to get YOUR trading records.

    But Kraken has a lousy reputation in the bitcoin community, too. Their charts are hard to read, they constantly break down and their live markets aren't very live. Instead, you might want to consider:

    1. https://www.bitstamp.net/ -- If you're not concerned about alt coins (they only trade BTC, XRP, LTC and ETH) and don't mind a lack of margin trading and short selling, then Bitstamp's a great option. They're fully EU regulated, incorporated in Luxembourg and operate out of Slovenia, so they're completely independent of whatever precedent gets set in the IRS vs Coinbase decision.

    2. https://www.bitfinex.com/ -- If you're not located in the US, Bitfinex allows completely anonymous trading. They offer about 15 alts, margin and short trading.

    3. https://bittrex.com/ -- If you like alt coins, Bittrex is THE place to be, offering over 100 coins. They're US based, so they will be subject to the precedent set in IRS vs Coinbase, but they allow some small stakes anonymous trading. If you verify your ID, they also offer margin and short selling.
    Very helpful information, MPS! Many thanks!

  18. #18
    MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-17
    Posts: 703
    Betpoints: 499

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
    Very helpful information, MPS! Many thanks!
    Anytime, my friend. It's a team effort!

Top