Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Bitstamp Instant BTC Buy

Sucks! Attempted my first instant buy with my card and...... it's not so instant. I had to take a "selfie " with card in view. Submitted that per request and now waiting. Been 6 hours. Funds have been debited from my checking account but nothing added to my Bitstamp account. Matter of fact, not even a paper trail that I made the purchase. Seems a little shady.

Will update if the process becomes a little smoother at some point.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As long as there is a verification process then you can expect to wait 24+ hours with these services, as you'll need to send in documents, selfie holding I.D, e.t.c, So no surprise there. I'm sure you'll have limitations on your first purchase as well. Please update the thread on what those are, and what hoops new users have to jump through...

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

LOL, yeah, its a joke. I had to wait 36 hours for my "instant" buy. What's even more bs is they give you the current bitcoin price. I bought at $1900 but by the time they gave it to me it was almost $2200. You think I got the profit, nope, got the same $500 I purchased.

Won't be using this place again

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Anyone know if it is instant after the first purchase?

Think the fees are too high if they expect selfies etc anyway personally.

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

coinbase gives it to you in btc amount, good or bad you get the flucuation

mana21
    mana21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4665

It's been 48+ hours for me and I'm still waiting...CC funds have been pending for the past 2 days also. No human contact, only cookie cutter email replies that they are still processing my request.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Yes.....15 hours....cash debited from my checking...... nothing in form of BTC. Subpar..

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

That's what sucks about all of these places. Why can't you just buy bitcoins and have it be instantly? This verification b.s is getting out of control. That's why I only use local bitcoins or paxful. It's a rip-off but at least I can get the bitcoins instantly.

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

Coinmama is better..same verification crap but its approved within an hour..xcoins as well..but their fees are high.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayKing1986 View Post
    Coinmama is better..same verification crap but its approved within an hour..xcoins as well..but their fees are high.
    Both of them are 10%+ in fees overall. But I can understand a high for a high risk service.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

36 hours and nothing. I'd be happy to get my $$ back at this point. My guess is this method of purchasing coin will not be popular fir Bitstamp.

mana21

60+ hours and counting. I'm in the same boat as Courtesywipe...would be happy to get my $$ back.

bitcoinLuke

Quote Originally Posted by triplecrown333 View Post
    coinbase gives it to you in btc amount, good or bad you get the flucuation
    Exactly. I thought it would be worth waiting 36 hours when I got the 15% increase in bitcoin. Nope, got the same amount

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post

Exactly. I thought it would be worth waiting 36 hours when I got the 15% increase in bitcoin. Nope, got the same amount
    You have a choice. You can order your bitcoin at the same time as you request the deposit to be processed and they will honor that price. Or you can make a deposit first and then make your purchase once it's cleared at the current price.

mana21

FINALLY received after 75+ hours...Not going to go through this ever again.

bitcoinLuke

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You have a choice. You can order your bitcoin at the same time as you request the deposit to be processed and they will honor that price. Or you can make a deposit first and then make your purchase once it's cleared at the current price.
    They said I get $500 at the time the credit to my account no matter how much it has changed since purchase, so I'm not sure how to get the difference.

Anyway, when you purchase it says it will be a MAX 3 hours to get your bitcoin. I waited 36 hours abd others are waiting longer. Was very close to calling my cc to do a **********. They shouldn't say 3 hours and then hold your money for 36 hours with no email or explanation.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

52+ hours .......and nothing. I'm not even sure who to contact? Bitstamp goes through another outfit for debit card buys. The funds were debited from account over 2 days ago. My advice is to stay away. I thought the fees were high, but willing to pull the trigger for "instant" buy. Liars!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post
    They said I get $500 at the time the credit to my account no matter how much it has changed since purchase, so I'm not sure how to get the difference.
    You fund your US$ wallet first, rather than order bitcoin first.

A few people have not found this obvious how to do. But you can if you look for it. Send the money first and when its cleared you can buy and access the btc pretty much instantly.

bitcoinLuke

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You fund your US$ wallet first, rather than order bitcoin first.

A few people have not found this obvious how to do. But you can if you look for it. Send the money first and when its cleared you can buy and access the btc pretty much instantly.
    Okay. Will see if I can figure it out. Pretty sure you can do the same on Coinbase

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Mine went through. 7% fee.

7% fee not bad if selfie wasn't required and wait wasn't 3 days.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Courtesywipe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

fluxlinin
    fluxlinin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took a pic of my ID and uploaded it to Coinbase to verify I requested 250 from my debit card that doesn't have anything on it and when I tried to buy the bit coins it says successful...hmm...

fluxlinin
    fluxlinin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing taken from my debit card..

kingcashout
    Update your status
    kingcashout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

For those tracking this, Wall of Coins is the same type of outfit with similarly false advertisement of "instant" buys. They require selfies and have high transaction fees, both mentioned here.

I plan on posting a detailed write-up soon warning others of this service - what they advertise is not what will happen.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Mine went through. 7% fee.

7% fee not bad if selfie wasn't required and wait wasn't 3 days.
    I think a 7% fee totally sucks on a 3 day wait. I'm sorry to hear it and a little disappointed w/ Bitstamp.

Hell, it only takes 3 (business) days to send a wire to Bitstamp, which carries near-zero fees, so this new feature they're stomping up and down about seems like maybe it's a bust.

On the upside, Crypto crashed for you during those 3 days; my fingers are crossed that your "buy time" was on the 3rd day, not the 1st.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    I think a 7% fee totally sucks on a 3 day wait. I'm sorry to hear it and a little disappointed w/ Bitstamp.

Hell, it only takes 3 (business) days to send a wire to Bitstamp, which carries near-zero fees, so this new feature they're stomping up and down about seems like maybe it's a bust.

On the upside, Crypto crashed for you during those 3 days; my fingers are crossed that your "buy time" was on the 3rd day, not the 1st.
    Yes, "buy time" was on day #3, so I did not lose a ton from the price fall. I was worried about that myself. About the only plus to this transaction.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Yes, "buy time" was on day #3, so I did not lose a ton from the price fall. I was worried about that myself. About the only plus to this transaction.
    Glad to hear that. Those were 3 pretty nosedive-y days for BTC, followed by a $300 recovery the last 36 hours or so, so maybe your buy in timing was solid. Did you get sub $2k?

mana21

FYI - Okay, so since my CC was verified, I tried another small purchase of BTC. This time the purchase went through very smoothly and within 10 minutes I had my BTC (but still a roughly 7% charge). Appears the long waits are for getting the CC/ID verified.
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave mana21 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cabaldwin3
    Cabaldwin3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Tried for first time yesterday around noon ..verified at midnight, 12 hoursFees are lower than places like paxful and xcoin..that's pretty insane fees you pay there. I understand at this point the long hold times because the amount of people jumping in on bitcoin now.