Jolly_Rancher
    Jolly_Rancher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Bitcoin Question

I just now started using bitcoin. I use Coinbase. Their fees are kind if high. I lose money when I buy the bitcoin and I lose money when I send bitcoin to my book. Is there another wallet or some other method I can use to avoid this? I live in the US

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

You have a couple of choices.

If you like Coinbase but dont like the fees and prices. Then you can use the trading exchange which they own gdax.com I believe your Coinbase account might already work there (but not certain)

Gemini.com is a similar service to Coinbase but has slightly lower fees.

ItBit.com is another similar one.

After that you move into trading exchanges like GDAX. Kraken.com probably the most popular for US people.

Optional

If you are mostly trying to avoid cashout fees (as opposed to depositing) then you might be interested in a BitPay.com card. Great exchange rate and low fees. Goes straight onto a card in US$ that you can use like any other major card.

Jolly_Rancher
    Jolly_Rancher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Thanks for the info. I'm close to illiterate when it comes to all of this so I will need to read up on it all.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm close to illiterate when it comes to all of this so I will need to read up on it all.
    Next time you want to do an exchange use Coinbase to deposit/withdraw the cash and GDAX to change it between cash and bitcoin.

If you can work out how to do just that it will solve most of the objections in your first post.