raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Correct, but the fork consist of two different types of plans to go forward... A regulated one that defeats the intended purpose of having it all together, and the classic...which will be hacked again, and no one can do anything about it... Then on top of that, the community is broken now...Lose, lose ... I liked ethers though, thought it had a better shot and system in place than btc...
    agree. Ether had a shot to become #1. ETH is currently #2 and ETC is #6 market cap for crypto-currencies.

Investors wanted to collect their stolen ethereum which was the only reason for the fork.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 09-08-16 at 04:30 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    brainfreeze simple question, do you use bitcoin?

why can't you answer this simple question?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    agree. Ether had a shot to become #1. ETH is currently #2 and ETC is #6 market cap for crypto-currencies.

Investors wanted to collect their stolen ethereum which was the only reason for the fork.
    he doesn't know the difference between dao and ethereum. he thinks it's the same.

he thinks bitcoin is unsafe because exchanges like bitfinex got hacked.

he is clueless about cryptocurrencies and just fearmongering, don't mind him.

another note, i'm mad at myself for missing out on xmr... fukk

raiders72001

why can't you answer this simple question?
    He doesn't.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

he doesn't know the difference between dao and ethereum. he thinks it's the same.

he thinks bitcoin is unsafe because exchanges like bitfinex got hacked.

he is clueless about cryptocurrencies and just fearmongering, don't mind him.

another note, i'm mad at myself for missing out on xmr... fukk
    Etherium is a community with these " contracts " ... It was more than a currency it was a way to do business with this over glorified ai database. Yea, I've got no idea...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

yes you have no idea and why does someone that doesn't have any bitcoin care so much about bitcoin?

raiders72001

Correct, but the fork consist of two different types of plans to go forward... A regulated one that defeats the intended purpose of having it all together, and the classic...which will be hacked again, and no one can do anything about it... Then on top of that, the community is broken now...Lose, lose ... I liked ethers though, thought it had a better shot and system in place than btc...
    The plan wasn't for one to be regulated. It was suppose to be a one time fix.

raiders72001

Ghenghis has a nice handle of the bitcoin world and ethereum. I've read a lot of his posts.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

The plan wasn't for one to be regulated. It was suppose to be a one time fix.
    I don't know what the exact deal about how etherium was going to move forward but I see they have some people on reddit really in their feelings about it... Just search etherium fork, and read some comments... Then to think the community as it was is broken up now... I mean, whatever one was investing in from the start just isn't there anymore... Sharp people are getting out of it " for now " anyway... from what I've seen... but this bitcoin stuff just feels trapish to me... I mean big companies are starting to accept it, this also gave me more confidence to look harder at it, especially with new bitcoin atms popping up all over the place... but then I just think there's no safety there, one has absolutely no defense against either getting hacked or " they can keep it in a hard wallet with a laptop that hasn't been online " ... but then still, if confidence is loss as it has in the past it could drop rather quickly... I think the 1200 was its peak...might go here to there, but if something big happens...yea, it's just not reliable ...

raiders72001

I don't know what the exact deal about how etherium was going to move forward but I see they have some people on reddit really in their feelings about it... Just search etherium fork, and read some comments... Then to think the community as it was is broken up now... I mean, whatever one was investing in from the start just isn't there anymore... Sharp people are getting out of it " for now " anyway... from what I've seen... but this bitcoin stuff just feels trapish to me... I mean big companies are starting to accept it, this also gave me more confidence to look harder at it, especially with new bitcoin atms popping up all over the place... but then I just think there's no safety there, one has absolutely no defense against either getting hacked or " they can keep it in a hard wallet with a laptop that hasn't been online " ... but then still, if confidence is loss as it has in the past it could drop rather quickly... I think the 1200 was its peak...might go here to there, but if something big happens...yea, it's just not reliable ...
    I was a proponent and investor in ETH before the DAO hack. There are a few threads in the bitcoin forum with posters discussing ethereum starting on 1/30/16. Prior to the hack, the price of ETH was over $20 and rising.

ETH solves the the block size problem of BTC. Because of the fork, I no longer trust ETH but that could change.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 09-08-16 at 05:13 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I was a proponent and investor in ETH before the DAO hack. There are a few threads in the bitcoin forum with posters discussing ethereum starting on 1/30/16. Prior to the hack, the price of ETH was over $20 and rising.

ETH solves the the block size problem of BTC. Because of the fork, I no longer trust ETH but that could change.
    Yea, at the end of the day...it will be the future (unless the people fight it back for now), the world will have to accept it... The powers that be want to track EVERY transaction, this will be how it's done... These seem like trial currencies to me...that " they " are letting have life.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave brainfreeze 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I use an Australian exchange and they wanted the selfie too.
    strange. and some what stupid. it's like you buy something online with your credit card and ask for a selfie with your credit card!?!
    i already gave my id (without selfie) to verify the account so i really don't understand.
    was that in the past too or just recently?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post

strange. and some what stupid. it's like you buy something online with your credit card and ask for a selfie with your credit card!?!
    i already gave my id (without selfie) to verify the account so i really don't understand.
    was that in the past too or just recently?
    I have never been asked before. And I was surprised an Australian licensed business would ask it of a local.

But it is kind of normal these days, for European books and payment companies especially.

Wait until one of them asks you to send a screenshot of all your payment transactions or to explain how you come by your money.

mtalock
    mtalock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2141

This is the digital trail that I am very cautious about diving into.
    bitcoin gives me the Hebejebees

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thx for the info and discussion!

First 123