Long Term
    Long Term's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes 5 cent ML? Can someone explain?

Good Morning Fellas,

I have been loyal to Pinnacle for many years but I keep hearing about these 5 cent overnight money lines for MLB over at 5Dimes.

Am I correct in presuming that all MLB games until 8am are offer at a -105 ML for all games?

This sounds to good to be true and I am pretty sure I have it wrong.

Could someone clarify? Would it be worth it to jump over to 5Dimes for this MLB season.

Thanks in Advance!

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure bud but 5dimes have the best lines on nearly every game at the moment,

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10118

That is correct, 5-cent overnights. However, like all of their reduced juice options, sharp/winning action will quickly get your limits cut from $500 to $50, but definitely worth it while it lasts.

Long Term

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    That is correct, 5-cent overnights. However, like all of their reduced juice options, sharp/winning action will quickly get your limits cut from $500 to $50, but definitely worth it while it lasts.
    Thanks for the info. Little surprised that they would cut a clients limit to a mere $50 because they are winning. I thought they were a professional book.

Sounds like somethong Bodog would do.

Guess I will stay at Pinnacle.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Term View Post
    Thanks for the info. Little surprised that they would cut a clients limit to a mere $50 because they are winning. I thought they were a professional book.

Sounds like somethong Bodog would do.

Guess I will stay at Pinnacle.
    This has definitely NOT been my experience with 5 dimes. I have won significant amounts over the last few months and they have not only not cut my limits, they often allow me to exceed my limits after waiting just a few seconds.

I think the only thing they are concerned about is "steam", whereas if your play is straight up (i.e., based on handicapping and analysis) they are more than happy to take your action.

As one who has dealt with numerous online and local books, I can tell you that 5 dimes is as good as it gets. They are easy to deposit with, and easy and hassle-free to withdraw from. And they pay promptly.

Again, just basing this on my own experience.

goblue1988
    goblue1988's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes is where its at. Playin MLB anywhere else is futile.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

I have little over 3K at 5Dimes.
    Been using them since 2005.
    Never, EVER, have been stiffed, the half dozen or so times I've had to speak with 'Tony' for whatever reason, he's been professional, payouts were / are never a problem, best reduced juice out there, although I'm not a heavy hitter, I've been know to make a few big wagers, never had limits cut.

There are two books to bet bases in my opinon.

1) 5Dimes
    2) Nowhere else.

Those of you who b1tch about 5D on these boards really should look in the mirror, because I'll give you 2:1 the problem is on you, not them.

Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes and Betmaker will be the two most important books for MLB 2011, you can play everything off of those.

apwmel
    apwmel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3511

What is "Steam"?

stevenash

^
    1) What arises from my puppy dogs dookies on a 20 degree day.
    2) When a large amount of money starts to come in on one side of a game and the line moves rapidly.

Bettowin23
    Bettowin23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1734

Now, THAT was funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    1) What arises from my puppy dogs dookies on a 20 degree day.
    2) When a large amount of money starts to come in on one side of a game and the line moves rapidly.
    Points Awarded:

Jag44 gave Bettowin23 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash

^
    My aim is to amuse.

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

true the key is when you sign up make sure you take the reduced juice bonus then you will be able to bet $500 on 5 cent lines over night if you take any other bonus you can only bet $50 at one time

Long Term

Quote Originally Posted by mr.inpak View Post
    true the key is when you sign up make sure you take the reduced juice bonus then you will be able to bet $500 on 5 cent lines over night if you take any other bonus you can only bet $50 at one time
    Are we talking $500 max at one time. Example: you bet 10 ball games... you can only be 50 per bet = $500. Or is it $500 per game?

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

max $500 a game with reduced juice..they do collar quickly for reduced, less so on regular juice in my experience

5 cent overnights are not -105, it is 5 cent vig..line would read like -103/-102..

Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

they dont collar you unless you are betting steam or you do something smart with your bonus money.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

you would switch from pinnacle to 5D just for cheap overnight lines? who honestly has all their plays in order over night?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

stevenash

^
    yes, to switch from 5D to Pinny and vice versa is silly.
    Post up at both joints is the way to go.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10118

Everyone who says they only limit you for betting steam is mistaken. Not sure what else to say.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

i would like someon to explain what exactly qualifies as chasing steam

is it basically when you wait for line changes to happen in on book and then bet in another book that has not had time to shift its lines yet?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Long Term View Post
    Good Morning Fellas,

I have been loyal to Pinnacle for many years but I keep hearing about these 5 cent overnight money lines for MLB over at 5Dimes.

Am I correct in presuming that all MLB games until 8am are offer at a -105 ML for all games?

This sounds to good to be true and I am pretty sure I have it wrong.

Could someone clarify? Would it be worth it to jump over to 5Dimes for this MLB season.

Thanks in Advance!
    isn't -105 -105 a 10 cent line?

there is no law against playing at more than one book - you'd be stupid to quit Pinnacle

Long Term

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

there is no law against playing at more than one book - you'd be stupid to quit Pinnacle
    I do not recall saying I was quitting Pinnacle. I mentioned I have been loyal to them... as in, "Pinnacle has received all of my action for Nba, NCAA, SOCCER, MLB"

I intend on using both books for MLB. Was just curious how the 5 cent over night lines worked and if they beat Pinnacle odds. I am sure there will be times where Pinnacle will have the more beneficial line.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously. A whole discussion about 5 ct lines...

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

5 cent line is example Yanks -130 vs Twins plus 125..the gap between fav/underdog is 5 cents as compared to -130 and plus 120 gap there 10 cents

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    5 cent line is example Yanks -130 vs Twins plus 125..the gap between fav/underdog is 5 cents as compared to -130 and plus 120 gap there 10 cents
    precisely!

so does 5D really post 5c lines overnight?

TryingMyBest
    TryingMyBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

precisely!

so does 5D really post 5c lines overnight?

YES

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Baseball Top 5: 5Dimes, Betjamaica, Betfair, Pinnacle and Matchbook*

Don't write off Betjamaica!

5D Overnight lines are great but there's a LIMIT!

Also, 5D don't tolerance pro action since it's a recreational book. Still, you should be able to bet 300-500$ 'til they limit you. Then you won't be able to wager more then 50$.

*May remove Matchbook from list because liquidity may drop since they're leaving US market. Who will use Matchbook? Asians? Europeans? Many european friends of mine even don't know what is Matchbook, lol.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

*May remove Matchbook from list because liquidity may drop since they're leaving US market. Who will use Matchbook? Asians? Europeans? Many european friends of mine even don't know what is Matchbook, lol.
    I will continue to use Matchbook as long as it's viable to do so. Up to now I've noticed nothing to suggest anything's changed.

Of course most Europeans don't know about Matchbook. MB is only of any use for US sports and not too many people in Europe care in the least or know anything about those sports.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by TryingMyBest View Post
    YES
    thanks, I'll have a look later on today
    not that it will do me any good as I haven't played there for years since my limits were cut to $25

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks, I'll have a look later on today not that it will do me any good as I haven't played there for years since my limits were cut to $25
    Just to be a complete dick: Do you ever post anything where you do not moan about how you are limited to $25 here and there and to peanuts at euro books? We get it, you are very sharp, kudos!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    Just to be a complete dick: Do you ever post anything where you do not moan about how you are limited to $25 here and there and to peanuts at euro books? We get it, you are very sharp, kudos!
    have you ever posted anything of value or interest to anyone ?

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

5D's reduced juice is the best bonus out there, imo. Can't beat it.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I will continue to use Matchbook as long as it's viable to do so. Up to now I've noticed nothing to suggest anything's changed.

Of course most Europeans don't know about Matchbook. MB is only of any use for US sports and not too many people in Europe care in the least or know anything about those sports.
    I hope Matchbook don't fade away specially when baseball season is around the corner.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

It wont do any good to check for the 5cent overnite lines. They do not show up until the regular season starts.

12 Last