Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sox/Injuns Over

1-3 yesterday, could have been a lot better with a couple breaks, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Lame card Wednesday, lots of leans (Cleveland, Minny, KC, STL, Cincy), but nothing that I geel offers significant value except this one play, a medium-sized one.

Beckett @ Carmona Over 9 +100
    Beckett has been showing signs of faltering a little, he always regresses in July and August, and he's facing a team that has owned him in the past. Carmona has been having some control problems and has been somewhat erratic, and he should have terrible memories of his lone two appearances against Boston - two blown saves that left him with a 45.00 ERA and a 5.00 WHIP. Now, the only similarity in the guy that pitched those games and the guy that has been pitching this year is the jersey, but I feel those memories could affect him a little.
    But most importantly, I think this total is lower because of the 1-0 game last night, and that is an angle that always interest me. I think the pitchers tonight are both noticeably worse and the way both teams hammer RHP, I think this one gets to double digits.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to take my chances with the Tribe and Carmona in this game Razz.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

i like carmona and over

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing this one altogether, but Beckett has been a stud on the road this season. I'd rather take BOS. I think the over would get cashed only if BOS gets to Carmona.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'm passing this one altogether, but Beckett has been a stud on the road this season. I'd rather take BOS. I think the over would get cashed only if BOS gets to Carmona.
    I think that's a case of the numbers lying a little bit. He's accumulated his impressive road numbers against (total runs rank in parentheses): SD (28), Atlanta (10), Arizona (27), Toronto (17), Baltimore (21), and Kansas City (18), and in some big parks. Tonight he faces a much better offense (4th) in a big-time hitter's park.

Razz

By the way, I forgot to mention that Fatty is returning to the lineup tonight, in case anyone was unaware. He homered off Carmona his only career AB against him.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I forgot to mention that Fatty is returning to the lineup tonight

How dare you?