Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

San Francisco Giants will win tonight..Game-6!

Cardinals can't hit a sh*t. lately. Momentum shifts towards Giants..

Not impressed with Cardinals offence lately. Not impressed with Chris Carpenter's recent performance either. 2.87 ERA may look good on paper but what about 1.66 WHIP?

Vogelsong was hot in his recent starts, posting a 0.88 WHIP and 1.06 ERA. Vogelsong was a big surprise for giants this season. Right-handed pitcher is 15-9 this year (Giants were 21-12 on Vogelsong's starts) with a impressive 1.21 WHIP and 3.26 ERA.

Interesting Trends

The Giants are 4-1 when scoring four or more runs in the postseason and 1-4 when scoring three runs or fewer.

The Giants are looking to become the seventh team to win a League Championship Series after trailing 3-1 since the best-of-seven format was adopted in 1985.

Cardinals were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position in Game-5.

Carpenter has 3.57 ERA in eight career starts against San Francisco.

My money is on Giants, Good luck!

Pick: Giants -115

Who's ridin' with me? Good luck fellas!
    Points Awarded:

cuno gave Sawyer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

fade

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Gotta say no to this one.. Was all SF last night for the win SU and some solid in play's (hit/Run in the 4th) but ... I tend to bet on teams the game after they're shut-out.. this has worked out to 12-2 for me this season.. and I still think the cards are the better team.. Carpenter looks iffy though and volgelsong is solid so I won't be puttin much on it.. but it will def be on the Cards..

GL sir!

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards have a way of just crushing teams in the play-offs when it really matters.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Don't agree. Cards got 8 runs the day before yet you say their not hitting??? They had 7 hits I believe in the shutout.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Taking Carp + money in the house where the Giants don't score.

hossa8110
    hossa8110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6756

Cards luck finally stops. Roll with giants for game 6 and 7.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Don't agree. Cards got 8 runs the day before yet you say their not hitting??? They had 7 hits I believe in the shutout.
    Left runners stranded on base 4 times too... Cards could have easily won that game with some timely hitting.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Sawyer take it easy.....u seem like a good dude and I wouldn't wanna see ya get workup.

Jerry Layne is a Cardinals Fan

* Over is 10-2 in Layne’s last 12 games behind home plate.
    * Cardinals are 9-1 in their last 10 games with Layne behind home plate.
    * Road team is 15-6 in Layne’s last 21 games behind home plate.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

also take the over 6.5 for insurance

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Good God I live in SF and im nervous as hell about this game along with the rest of the city. To say the Cardinals arnt hitting is a joke! My fking Giants are the team not hitting the ball. Im hoping they finally have a fking stick of dynamite lit under there asses and decide to play some fking baseball.

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

giants win game 6 and cardz shut it out in game 7 with lohse,

cant trust carpenter guy was horrible in his last outing and his pitching mechanics don't look as good as before, how many runs did giants get off him?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Not impressed with Cardinals offence lately.
    Cardinals can't hit? LOL. You don't know what you're talking about. They were one of the best offenses during the regular season and have scored more runs than any team in the playoffs.

You're the same guy that said the Cardinals had no shot in the playoffs last year and would get swept by the Phillies. You then said they had no shot against the Brewers, and then finally the Rangers. How did those predictions turn out?

LOL.

Also, it's hard to take someone seriously that spells offense, "offence". What do you know about offense when you can't even spell the word?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Left runners stranded on base 4 times too... Cards could have easily won that game with some timely hitting.
    Yep and that stupid throw that hit 2nd base changed everything.

DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Not impressed with Cardinals offence lately. Not impressed with Chris Carpenter's recent performance either. 2.87 ERA may look good on paper but what about 1.66 WHIP?

Vogelsong was hot in his recent starts, posting a 0.88 WHIP and 1.06 ERA. Vogelsong was a big surprise for giants this season. Right-handed pitcher is 15-9 this year (Giants were 21-12 on Vogelsong's starts) with a impressive 1.21 WHIP and 3.26 ERA.

Interesting Trends

The Giants are 4-1 when scoring four or more runs in the postseason and 1-4 when scoring three runs or fewer.

The Giants are looking to become the seventh team to win a League Championship Series after trailing 3-1 since the best-of-seven format was adopted in 1985.

Cardinals were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position in Game-5.

Carpenter has 3.57 ERA in eight career starts against San Francisco.

My money is on Giants, Good luck!

Pick: Giants -115

Who's ridin' with me? Good luck fellas!
    This doesn't sound like the Sawyer I know. Has somebody hacked this? For real!!

KktdocT
    United Kingdom
    KktdocT's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, mate.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

The score in the prior game is deceptive.

As others have mentioned, Cards had chances to score on several occasions and yet couldn't break free from Zitboy's black magic. This level of frustration has a way of building up in a team. For sh!t teams, it amounts to nothing. For good teams, it CAN erupt into a level of impressive hitting.

And let's not forget that Lynn, with that facial hair that resembles a hairy vagina (maybe he does it for his secret closet lover), completely blew open the game with that missed throw to second. You just know that took all the energy out of the Card's dugout.

I'm staying away from the side on this one as the ump has a hard-on for the Cards. The Cards will also want to wrap this up pronto. At the same time, the Giants have home field and momentum on their side.

Right now, I'm leaning over 6.5 as I think Vegas is giving the pitching staff for both teams too much credit. Game time decision for me. Thanks to the Redskins covering, I can just relax and watch a baseball game like a normal person.

BOL on this to everyone.

cuno
    cuno's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call on giants congrats sawyer.