BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

What is up with A-Rod

I watch the Yanks eveyr nights and A-Rod is just killing them. I know he's a great player but I think it's time for Joe to drop him to 7 0r 8 in the line up

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I don't watch them every night like you do but from my perspective A-Rod has always killed them. Seems to me he throws up most his numbers in the 15-2 type of ballgames. If Yanks are way up or even way down and hopelessly out of it he seems to have big games. When the chips are down in tight ballgames I see him leaving a lot of runners on base.

Anyway, I haven't done any research on it, can't say it's based on fact, just saying what I seem to see off the top of my head. I wouldn't call him Mr Clutch. I'd much rather see Jeter at the plate in a do or die situation.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish
    I don't watch them every night like you do but from my perspective A-Rod has always killed them. Seems to me he throws up most his numbers in the 15-2 type of ballgames. If Yanks are way up or even way down and hopelessly out of it he seems to have big games. When the chips are down in tight ballgames I see him leaving a lot of runners on base.

Anyway, I haven't done any research on it, can't say it's based on fact, just saying what I seem to see off the top of my head. I wouldn't call him Mr Clutch. I'd much rather see Jeter at the plate in a do or die situation.
    I agree I would take Jeter anyday

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

He is terrible in the clutch. Like Patrick just said, he only performs when they are well ahead, or well behind in a game. Just seems everytime he is up in a clutch spot, he screws it up.

Not sure how anyone can get paid that much for personal numbers, and not team numbers. He dont seem to help his team to often.

Maybe a drop in the lineup will straighten his azz out, but probably not.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

As silly as it sounds he should have stayed where he was. I really believe that, some players are better suited for small markets. A-Rod needs to relax to get his best game, playing somewhere like Oakland for instance would suit him much better than that fishbowl in New York. Some guys thrive in that kind of constant pressure you get there, not ARod. I really think he would perform much better if he was almost anywhere else but New York.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

ever since he went to NY he's just not the same player he once was IMO

i don't know if it's the media or what, but something has threw him off his game a little bit.