lilpete
    lilpete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone ever cash-out from sportsplays.com?

they give you money to bet with seems shady

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

olbg.com is the best tipping comp site

HossWilbur
    Can't Stop The Chop
    HossWilbur's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10657

They wouldn't pay me because I had 2 accounts with them. 1 account I had with them had been inactive since 2011, when I won a $100 contest in 2014.

Their response was:

'It doesn't matter if your dupe account has been inactive since 2011, you clearly violated the T&C by creating two accounts and never bothered to email support letting us know you had more than one account. This could have been resolved much sooner.

You are more than welcome to keep the balance in *** but you will never be eligible to cash it out, or receive other cash prizes. The only way to become eligible again for cash prizes is to close *** and zero the balance in ***.'

Other people may swear by them, I don't. They have enough technological knowledge to advertise the crap out of the site, but can't set up an automatic notification if you're making a duplicate account with them.

I haven't logged on that site since then, but at the time, one of the terms of service rules was:

'8.SportsPlays.com may decrease, without compensation, the amount of Play Money in your account at any time in our sole discretion. You have no rights or entitlements to Play Money under this Agreement and you irrevocably waive all rights that you may have under common law, statute, or otherwise. Play Money does not represent an entitlement to legal tender, value, or prizes. SportsPlays.com has no liability to make any payment to you. SportsPlays.com may choose, in its sole discretion, not to approve a payment or withhold payment for any reason whatsoever including, without limitation, non-payment from our advertisers, suspected fraud with your account, etc. SportsPlays.com may also pay you an amount lower than the amount you requested.'

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by HossWilbur View Post
    They wouldn't pay me because I had 2 accounts with them. 1 account I had with them had been inactive since 2011, when I won a $100 contest in 2014.

Their response was:

'It doesn't matter if your dupe account has been inactive since 2011, you clearly violated the T&C by creating two accounts and never bothered to email support letting us know you had more than one account. This could have been resolved much sooner.

You are more than welcome to keep the balance in *** but you will never be eligible to cash it out, or receive other cash prizes. The only way to become eligible again for cash prizes is to close *** and zero the balance in ***.'

Other people may swear by them, I don't. They have enough technological knowledge to advertise the crap out of the site, but can't set up an automatic notification if you're making a duplicate account with them.

I haven't logged on that site since then, but at the time, one of the terms of service rules was:

'8.SportsPlays.com may decrease, without compensation, the amount of Play Money in your account at any time in our sole discretion. You have no rights or entitlements to Play Money under this Agreement and you irrevocably waive all rights that you may have under common law, statute, or otherwise. Play Money does not represent an entitlement to legal tender, value, or prizes. SportsPlays.com has no liability to make any payment to you. SportsPlays.com may choose, in its sole discretion, not to approve a payment or withhold payment for any reason whatsoever including, without limitation, non-payment from our advertisers, suspected fraud with your account, etc. SportsPlays.com may also pay you an amount lower than the amount you requested.'

Honestly, it is up to you to not open 2 accounts. Not up to them to stop you or otherwise pay you.

But that term does raise big concerns.

It is not possible for any private contract to terminate Common Law rights and in my experience any company buffoonish enough to actually publish a rule trying to do that is generally a tin pot operation run by kids or idiots.