Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Open Parlay Missions

Here is a cross-sport thread, in which I will post nothing
    but open parlays. I've had quite a bit of success with them
    and will keep this thread disciplined for this sole purpose.
    Starting with only $50.00
    Each open parlay will have a mission letter.

Mission A) $5.00, 10 slots.
    1. Connecticut Sun (-325)
    2. Gilles Muller (-515)

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

I occasionally do MLB +2.5 parlays on 5d

You can be very successful

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

what odds are you getting on the parlay

usually its best to just go in yourself until you reach a max wager

so what do you know that i dont pal???

Snowball

Last year I hit multiple open parlays in the 100-400 to 1 range
    and also a 1,068 to 1 massive win. I know I posted at least two
    of them on the boards.
    Here we go.. this is going to be like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    and I am Captain Nemo.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

nice to see you back, gl!

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    what odds are you getting on the parlay

usually its best to just go in yourself until you reach a max wager

so what do you know that i dont pal???
    odds are whatever they turn out to be, as the mission is filled.
    only the number of slots and at least two games are necessary
    to begin. I will have many parlays running concurrently.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

open parlays much better than closed ones

good luck guy

Snowball

I'll be using Roman numerals to mark the missions.
    They are better than alphabet because they don't run out.
    Planning to add another, but here's an update:

Mission I) $5.00, 10 slots.
    2. Gilles Muller (-515)
    3. John Millman (-300)
    4. Ryan Harrison (-400)

Mission II) $5.00, 12 slots.
    1. Poland volleyball (-225)
    2. Slovenia volleyball (-485)

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

So far I have hit 1 parlay out of 8.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    So far I have hit 1 parlay out of 8.
    which is fine if it pays more than the cost of the lost seven.

just because it's mostly faves doesn't mean i don't cap.
    every pick has been vetted for safety.
    when i have enough running then i throw in some dogs with a shot to win,
    those can be sacrificed if you hit a fraction of those high odds
    it's worth it to take the chance.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    unreal

Snowball

Mission I: $5.00, 10 slots.
    2. Gilles Muller (-515)
    3. John Millman (-300)
    4. Ryan Harrison (-400)

Mission II: $5.00, 12 slots.

Mission III:$2.50, 25 slots.
    1. Tulsa Shock +15.5 (-700)
    2. Houston Astros (-205)
    3. Mikhail Kukushkin (-275)
    4. Anna Tatishvili (-260)

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

You may not only get the short end of the stick, you might get slapped with it. But a hit is still a hit and cash in your pocket.

That said, I am rooting for ya Snowball!

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

Hit some in the past....Bol2ya

laker5
    laker5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 894

Love it. Thanks for this thread and good luck to you. What book if I may ask allows you to do open parlays?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Here is a cross-sport thread, in which I will post nothing
    but open parlays. I've had quite a bit of success with them
    and will keep this thread disciplined for this sole purpose.
    Starting with only $50.00
    Each open parlay will have a mission letter.

Mission A) $5.00, 10 slots.
    2. Gilles Muller (-515)

great thread idea.

during football season these can make you a KILLING!!!! since football is SOOOO fukkin predictable. Especially college. I am rarely ever surprised by the outcome of a college football game.

its boring but hey i ain't gonna complain about free money ya know?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by laker5 View Post
    Love it. Thanks for this thread and good luck to you. What book if I may ask allows you to do open parlays?
    5dimes.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by laker5 View Post
    we couldn't find a BC book that offers them, so I stuck with 5d.
    I don't know what other shops offer them. That would be good to hear.

Snowball

Mission I: $5.00, 10 slots.
    2. Gilles Muller (-515)
    3. John Millman (-300)
    4. Ryan Harrison (-400)
    5. Heather Watson (-380)

Mission II: $5.00, 12 slots.
    3. New York Liberty (-425)

Mission III: $2.50, 25 slots.
    1. Tulsa Shock +15.5 (-700)
    2. Houston Astros (-205)
    3. Mikhail Kukushkin (-275)
    4. Anna Tatishvili (-260)

Mission IV: $2.50, 25 slots.
    1. Denis Kudla (-450)
    2. Sloane Stephens (-580)

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i forgot you could make bets for $2.50 and $5.00

that is litterally almost zero risk.

if u have the patience and discipline this could turn out really well.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

re: the so-called "open parlay"...u'r far better off NOT using anything "offered"...if the plays are sequential, the advantages to NOT locking into a pre-set number of parlay legs are many, as explained below (with an example from an MMA fight held last night)

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    Originally posted on 07/31/2015:

according to BFO, shields going rate seems to be -225ish now...

so, anybody who's been shying away cuzza da price who has Pinnacle...it's -190 there

TL/DR alert: minutiae related to "parlay with legs to-be-specified later "

Shields -190 is good enough to lock in 1 unit as the 1st-leg of a manually-administered 1-leg-at-a-time full-flexibility "open parlay" to which i can add as many damn legs as i want to and stop when i bloody-well want...

i honestly can't understand why anyone willingly chooses to lock themselves into a prescribed number of legs at one book (taking away your ability to shop for the best price and lock in future legs at OTHER books...and also taking away your ability to just say "uncle" when you've decided you've played enough legs)...the so called "open parlay" that many very smart cookies seem to think is such a clever facility

look: you risk 100 now to win 52.63 on Shields...if it wins, you're free to shop around for the best price at any of your books for the second leg by risking 152.63...rinse/lather/repeat until a leg (hence your informal sequential "open parlay") loses or you decide to cash it in...notice that you're not forced by having had pre-declared this an "X-leg open parlay"...leaving you free to cash in your winnings after "X-2" or "X-1" legs if you prefer...

the only time i lock in an officially-designated parlay at any one book is when the events overlap, so you can't manually fold in the "stake plus winnings" from the previous legs because it simply hasn't finished yet when the next leg starts...in this case locking in an A*B parlay allows you to play B "as if" it had started after A had finished and you were able to fold that bet (plus its gains) into B (and vice-versa, interchanging the letters)...and furthermore you can know beforehand what the prices on both legs will be (which is the one detriment of the freestyle sequential parlay i describe above and advocate generally when legs don't actually overlap in time)...so, another time it may be wise to lock into a fully-set (ie. with NO OPEN LEGS) parlay is if I really like the current prices at one book on two or more parlay-fodder events...then I might lock them together into a formal simple parlay to guarantee that the price on that future leg(s) don't "drift" on me...but in no case will i ever oblige myself to future "legs to be determined" by using the "X-leg open parlay"...it's "one leg at a time" straight-play or a simple "full boat, with no undetermined legs" parlay for me...
    conclusion: "rolling your own" sequential parlays "as you go", one or a few fully-set legs at a time...beats the hell out of
    the unnecessarily-restrictive "off the shelf" ones that books "offer" you by locking you into a set number of "to be determined later" legs
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-02-15 at 12:15 PM.

Snowball

re: books which "offer" the open parlay...u'r far better off NOT using anything "offered"...if the plays are sequential, the advantages to NOT locking into a pre-set number of parlay legs are many, as explained below (with an example from an MMA fight held last night)
    Are you aware of any books which offer open parlays that do not require choosing
    a set number of legs ?
    I disagree with the contents of the quote "also taking away your ability to just say "uncle" when you've decided you've played enough legs", because the vast selection of offerings at 5d easily allows closure at high odds props and matches which are virtual certainties.
    I've closed out many in the past because I wanted to do just that. Like Big Bear said, college football mismatches are an example.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

a lot of action in this thread

Its where the big money could be made

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

coach gets it

fitguy67

Are you aware of any books which offer open parlays that do not require choosing
    a set number of legs ?

I disagree with the contents of the quote "also taking away your ability to just say "uncle" when you've decided you've played enough legs", because the vast selection of offerings at 5d easily allows closure at high odds props and matches which are virtual certainties.
    I've closed out many in the past because I wanted to do just that. Like Big Bear said, college football mismatches are an example.
    AFAIK, no...making you state up front how many "as yet un-used" legs your parlay will contain is, in fact, "what's in it for them"...cuz it takes away your freedom to say uncle and cash out at your convenience AND forces you to roll future dice with them, and not at a competitor on said future legs you are obligated to fill...luckily you always have the option to make the number of "legs to be determined later" equal to ZERO by submitting a plain old parlay

you're right tho'...you could always take a college football/cricket/boxing "squash" match or two when you get antsy...

despite the availability of that "solution" (which could go very wrong--eg. Rousey could have broken an ankle last night as the 15th leg of an open 15-legger...BTW, i love your leaning towards int'l volleyball tourney mismatches in such situations as this introduces MUCH lower variance than almost anything outside of possibly snooker or darts)...anyhow, my approach would always be to specify zero "to be added later" legs...and go with the minimum #legs you need right now, say ABC...once it's cashed and turned your initial 5.00 into 9.73 for example...you can manually add "D...E...F and beyond" legs using a succession of straights and minimally-legged parlays starting from 9.73 at the "D..." point

nothing (apart from record-keeping "cleanliness") is to be gained by locking yourself in to buying a set number of future legs at the same book that you happened to start the first few legs of your growing $-mission at
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-02-15 at 12:48 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: futbolmundial

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

The issue would be laying such heavy juice though right? I am saying betting them individually. The juice missions are reasonable for a small start but you would need a pretty nice sized bankroll to be tossing around 50 bucks to win 1 etc. I would think an open parlay if Snowball really likes the juice is his only option. The missions look successful so far but Houston is on standby.

Starting with 50 bucks you would probably need to just fire it in there and forget right? Manster pounds that crap like Mia. All in, All in, All in table 77

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    coach gets it
    you guyz get it...

this thread is a magnet for the hi-capacity brain-pans of SBR...

side benefit is that thread's like this are damn-near immune to trolling cuz the citizens of PT-Doltovia can't even begin to understand the significance of what's being discussed over here, making it impossible to doxx (...they get the urge to post LOL-icons and PSI-gifs...but are stopped dead in their tracks...in reverent awe to what they sense "should just not be fukked with")
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-02-15 at 02:27 PM.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    The issue would be laying such heavy juice though right? I am saying betting them individually. The juice missions are reasonable for a small start but you would need a pretty nice sized bankroll to be tossing around 50 bucks to win 1 etc. I would think an open parlay if Snowball really likes the juice is his only option. The missions look successful so far but Houston is on standby.

Starting with 50 bucks you would probably need to just fire it in there and forget right? Manster pounds that crap like Mia. All in, All in, All in table 77
    it's really just an illusion the "difference" you refer to: consider this...you have started a 12-leg open parlay and so far specified
    the first three legs ABC at (A-200*B-250*C-400)...which all have won...in effect your initial 5.00 stake has turned into 13.13 which is exactly the starting point at/to which the decimal multiplier of play D will apply...

because you've locked yourself administratively to placing 12 independent legs you have lost the option to "have" or even "see" that 13.13..."out of sight, out of mind...but it IS there, because if you weren't so stupid to lock yourself into two future legs when you placed the A*B*C part of your project...it would be there in your account...and you definitely are risking 13.13 when you enter leg D into your cool little "open parlay" form

now if you had done it the way i recommend=parlaying the absolute minimum number of legs you absolutely must right now, with ZERO obligation to invoke future legs (after all, why would you want to do that, anyhow...as you are always free to pick right up where you left off after a successful ABC by manually continuing the $-chain with 13.13 or whatever damn amount you wanted on the next single or chunked part of it...

notice that if after say 9 successful legs ABCDEFGHI...the 5.00 may very well be something sweet like 147.57...if you rolled this thing out manually, the "illusion" you refer to is clearly now stripped away...as continuing on to "J" isn't just risking that little $5 you started with...it's risking the 147.57 you've probably burned a lot of brain cells turning it into...

think about it...there is NO downside to rolling out your multi-step $-snowball manually...in fact, having the $actually credited into your ac after each leg (or simply-parlayed chunk of legs) keeps the implications of further risks in full perspective...wanna throw in on a -700 volleyball game?...it's clearly an opportunity to increase your $-snowball by 14.29% AT THE RISK of a small (about 12.5% as implied) chance of losing it ALL...that volleyball game loses, somehow...because of some "resting players for another competition" bullshit you didn't/couldn't have known about when you place it...and you haven't lost the $5 stake...you lost the full 147.57 you had managed to build it into, with a lot of work, over a week and a half...

capiche? if it's done manually, and you're ready to place your tenth "J" leg...there's not illusion...you actually have to risk the 147.57 you'd credited into your account...the fact that you did it with their "special kind of bet" doesn't change that...it just smooshes up your thinking so you don't take the later legs (that you stupidly AND voluntarily locked yourself into) as seriously as you should

another BIG advantage now becomes clear...if you've gone "roll your own" manual as i recommend...you also have infinite flexibility as to how to handle/manage the windfall you've earned over the 9 successful legs you've navigated thus far (with at least one very stressful "sweat" no doubt)...

with the formal "open parlay" you'd be actually at "147.57 BUT it'd be locked into the proviso that you'd have to continue risking it all 3 more times to meet the 12-legger that you specified when you set the mission...so the 10th leg would be risking the full 147.57...

consider if you had instead unfurled this baby incrementally...and your roll showed an actual, unconditional boost of 147.57...you now would have the option to continue "exactly as you would have if you were locked into completing the full mission" OR saying "uncle" OR having a full spectrum of satisfying "middling" options, such as pocketing into safety 47.57 and continuing at stage "J" with 100.00 or whatever/however...

if you were locked into 12 legs...at 9...you'd either have to risk it 3 more times, with or without taxing your gains with "hedging"...if you inched manually along the same 9-leg path the $-implications of everything that has happened to that point are crisp, clear, and unencumbererd by conditions
    I once thought "open parlays" were the greatest thing since sliced bread...now i think they serve books only by greatly restricting our options...and, most importantly, by clouding our understanding that the later legs of an alive big parlay ARE risking much larger amounts than we would be comfortable with if the books actually "settled up" with us one or a very-few legs at a time...which you can force them to do by never locking into parlay legs "to be determined later"
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-02-15 at 02:11 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cookie Monster, and StrugglePuffs

fitguy67

Snowball, sorry for hi-jacking the thread with egg-headery
    the basic upshot is simple: if your book doesn't offer (and even if they do) the "open parlay"...it won't stop you from following this thread one bit...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...they get the urge to post LOL-icons and PSI-gifs...but are stopped dead in their tracks...in reverent awe to what they sense "should just not be fukked with
    On the contrary, coming from the only guy to post a GIF in this thread you are totally wrong. These are basic, elementary concepts in gambling. I'm not saying you aren't as smart as you think, but your posts aren't as difficult and advanced as you may think they are.

Points Awarded:

futbolmundial gave KVB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger

conclusion: "rolling your own" sequential parlays "as you go", one or a few fully-set legs at a time...beats the hell out of
    the unnecessarily-restrictive "off the shelf" ones that books "offer" you by locking you into a set number of "to be determined later" legs
    that's what I was saying but didn't want to type much

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

coach gets it

you guyz get it...

this thread is a magnet for the hi-capacity brain-pans of SBR...

side benefit is that thread's like this are damn-near immune to trolling cuz the citizens of PT-Doltovia can't even begin to understand the significance of what's being discussed over here, making it impossible to doxx (...they get the urge to post LOL-icons and PSI-gifs...but are stopped dead in their tracks...in reverent awe to what they sense "should just not be fukked with")

You do know that JJ and Bear are trolling here, just marking the thread in their lists, don't you?
    Last edited by KVB; 08-02-15 at 03:33 PM.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

On the contrary, coming from the only guy to post a GIF in this thread you are totally wrong. These are basic, elementary concepts in gambling. I'm not saying you aren't as smart as you think, but your posts aren't as difficult and advanced as you may think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

You do know that JJ and Bear are trolling here, just marking the thread in their lists I guess not Bear), don't you?
    KVB...you mis-took my sarcasm...i wuz just playin' along with JJ and the the Bear (a guy always at or near the top of SBR's "posters we love to hate" list...poor guy could ship NoCoin a thousand points and get pummeled in scorn for 5 pages over it)...i tend to dislike relentless gang-attacks on posters such as forum whipping-boys as t-wizzle/lakerboy/bear/ttwarrior etc. and prefer threads, such as in MMA and Tennis where the "PT-fellowship of torture" tend to stay away...and was just kibitzing with JJ and Bear that topics about bet-structuring etc. won't attract much attention, and thus provide refuge from the mean PT-neighbourhood kidz that post mean stuff

i like writin' out word blizzards from time to time cuz they help me sort out my own ideas on stuff, help me work out another "rule of thumb" to help prevent donating more money to the book than necessary, etc...i find that if after i submit and edit them a bit they STILL make sense, then they probably make enough sense and i should incorporate such into my game...

anyhow, i didn't even think that a previously-posted gif (a good eye-rolling "artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as _____" one) would qualify as a LOL-icon (i was thinking of ...as the heavily-used "icon of choice" for the mean-spirited troll ...along with all the "air betting" references, supported with kinds of air-pump pics etc...)e

so, a bit of smart-assed sarcasm was intended for JJ and Bear to ladel on themselves...and noting that if no claims about "W-L, units" were being mentioned this page was probably quite safe from gang attack...

i know you're not a dolt from your input over in Snow's golf thread (where your gif's and commentary are enjoyed and appreciated)...that i follow and bet as much as i can... but i NEVER post there cuz i know golf like Martha Steward knows plastic tableware
    Last edited by fitguy67; 08-02-15 at 03:43 PM.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

American pharaoh??

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB...you mis-took my sarcasm...i wuz just playin' along with JJ and the the Bear (a guy always at or near the top of SBR's "posters we love to hate" list...poor guy could ship NoCoin a thousand points and get pummeled in scorn for 5 pages over it)...i tend to dislike relentless gang-attacks on posters such as forum whipping-boys as t-wizzle/lakerboy/bear/ttwarrior etc. and prefer threads, such as in MMA and Tennis where the "PT-fellowship of torture" tend to stay away...and was just kibitzing with JJ and Bear that topics about bet-structuring etc. won't attract much attention, and thus provide refuge from the mean PT-neighbourhood kidz that post mean stuff

i like writin' out word blizzards from time to time cuz they help me sort out my own ideas on stuff, help me work out another "rule of thumb" to help prevent donating more money to the book than necessary, etc...i find that if after i submit and edit them a bit they make sense, then they probably make sense...

didn't even think that a previously-posted gif (a good eye-rolling "artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as _____" one) would qualify...i was actually thinkin' of the as the LOL-icon i referred to as the trademark of the troll...along with all the "air betting" references, supported with kinds of air-pump pics etc...Megatron/Treaper & Co. just love those

so, a bit of smart-assed sarcasm was intended for JJ and Bear to ladel on themselves...and noting that if no Win-Loss percentages, nor "units" were being mentioned this page was safe from gang attack...

i know you're not a dolt from your input over in Snow's golf thread (where your gif's and commentary are 'preciated)...that i follow and bet as much as i can... but i NEVER post there cuz i know golf like Martha Steward knows plastic tableware
    Cheers Bro, I was a having a bit of a confrontational morning, but I'm just no troll. It's all good. I kinda re-read and realized exactly where you were coming from.

This will be a good thread, already is.

1234 ... Last