will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Hack-a-Shaq Should Be Allowed!!!!

Why couldn't Gregg Popovich get guys to foul DeAndre Jordan and Josh Smith? It's part of the game. Make your free throws or suffer the consequences. If the NBA get's involved, that would be crazy. A player is allowed to foul another player at any time.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Why couldn't Gregg Popovich get guys to foul DeAndre Jordan and Josh Smith? It's part of the game. Make your free throws or suffer the consequences. If the NBA get's involved, that would be crazy. A player is allowed to foul another player at any time.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

At first I thought it took away the "entertainment" value of the game...

Then I reconsidered... It is a part of the game. DeAndre Jordan just absolutely sucks.

The rules are fine. I hope they don't change it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Don't agree. I'm thinking specifically from an entertainment perspective. Back in 1994, the NBA did away with hand checking. Why? Because the product they were showing on TV was awful because of it (Along with a certain HOF'er taking a hiatus at the time). Games were low scoring with physicality ruling over athleticism. I compare this rule to the same one 2 decades ago. Your casual fan does not want to see a free throw shooting contest between DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard. If ratings drop, so do advertisers. College basketball doesn't have this rule, so we know the game can survive without it. Silver has shown that he is not afraid to nip potential problems in the bud. I think he will act on this rule pretty quickly.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Don't agree. I'm thinking specifically from an entertainment perspective. Back in 1994, the NBA did away with hand checking. Why? Because the product they were showing on TV was awful because of it (Along with a certain HOF'er taking a hiatus at the time). Games were low scoring with physicality ruling over athleticism. I compare this rule to the same one 2 decades ago. Your casual fan does not want to see a free throw shooting contest between DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard. If ratings drop, so do advertisers. College basketball doesn't have this rule, so we know the game can survive without it. Silver has shown that he is not afraid to nip potential problems in the bud. I think he will act on this rule pretty quickly.
    But heres the thing KLC fouling a team on purpose should never ever be an advantage. If Deandre actually made his free throws you would never see this happen in the NBA. Why not be penalized for being a shetty free throw shooter?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    But heres the thing KLC fouling a team on purpose should never ever be an advantage. If Deandre actually made his free throws you would never see this happen in the NBA. Why not be penalized for being a shetty free throw shooter?
    I agree, but it's about ratings, and your fan that just tunes into the playoffs is probably not going to want to see garbage basketball like that. Trust me. I long for the good ol' days when a free throw was actually"free", but those days are gone, and Silver will probably adapt to it.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

If a player is a liability, it is up to the coach to adjust and take that player out. Changing the rules of the game to accommodate players, whose games suffer in a big way at the free throw line, does nothing for the game of basketball. Rules should never be put in place to protect a player's inability to perform at a professional level.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave High3rEl3m3nt 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Agree. Learn to shoot with the multifukinmillions youre getting paid.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The game don't need Josh Smith and D Jordan.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

For as great a coach as Pop is he couldn't even use hack-a-Jordan properly. They would have won that series against clips if he'd actually use it more. But he didn't and they loss.

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I've no problem with the strategy...however, I think it should be limited to 3 times per quarter, after that, 1 shot and the ball.

Edit: I'm referring to off the ball fouls...if he has the ball and you foul him, do that how ever many times you want to do it.
    Last edited by Stokes36; 05-04-15 at 04:38 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

listening to silver's interview, sounds like they won't change this any time soon. i don't know, i'm not in favor of lazy fukks not practicing fts, but at the same time, it ruins the flow of the game and it's really not fun to watch when teams start doing this in the 1st quarter.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    listening to silver's interview, sounds like they won't change this any time soon. i don't know, i'm not in favor of lazy fukks not practicing fts, but at the same time, it ruins the flow of the game and it's really not fun to watch when teams start doing this in the 1st quarter.
    this

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Clippers won.