Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Napier is by far the best player in college basketball - He will win it all

He is an NBA ready PG playing against a bunch of guys that will barely make an impact in the nba. Napier will be an NBA all star for several years, book it. He is already better than most starting PGs in the NBA. You all know I hate college basketball and rag on the shit talent they have any chance I get - it's clear that Uconn basically has a top 15 NBA pg on their team right now. I would even go so far as to say top 10. He is that good. It's not even fair for other teams. They are really playing against a borderline NBA all star.

Sure other guys have more potential (Parker, Wiggins, etc) but Napier is the most polished and NBA ready player in all of the country.

Imagine this - if you took any top 15 NBA PG right now and put them on Uconn, would Uconn win it all? Easily... Not even debatable.

You will all see this guy will be stud in the NBA right away, even in his first year. Plays a little like Mike Conley and they are both on about the same level right now - but Napier will have a much better career.

Talent plus 4 years of experience, this is why he is gonna take his team to the promise land.

Florida was basically double teaming this guy all game and he did whatever he wanted. Found open guys easily. Dribbled through their whole team effortlessly. Just a high IQ very talented player.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He is an NBA ready PG playing against a bunch of guys that will barely make an impact in the nba. Napier will be an NBA all star for several years, book it. He is already better than most starting PGs in the NBA. You all know I hate college basketball and rag on the shit talent they have any chance I get - it's clear that Uconn basically has a top 15 NBA pg on their team right now. I would even go so far as to say top 10. He is that good. It's not even fair for other teams. They are really playing against a borderline NBA all star.

Sure other guys have more potential (Parker, Wiggins, etc) but Napier is the most polished and NBA ready player in all of the country.

Imagine this - if you took any top 15 NBA PG right now and put them on Uconn, would Uconn win it all? Easily... Not even debatable.

You will all see this guy will be stud in the NBA right away, even in his first year. Plays a little like Mike Conley and they are both on about the same level right now - but Napier will have a much better career.

Talent plus 4 years of experience, this is why he is gonna take his team to the promise land.

Florida was basically double teaming this guy all game and he did whatever he wanted. Found open guys easily. Dribbled through their whole team effortlessly. Just a high IQ very talented player.
    Excellent Point, understands the game and situation. If he has to score 25+ he can or like tonight he can get his teammates involved and defer if need be.

I agree he will be a very good NBA player

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Napier is a master at playing in 1 on 1 situations when his team's offense breaks down.

He will weave in and out of traffic just like you see the top nba pg's do.

Show me one other player in college that can literally just dribble through 5 guys and pull it back out to the 3 pt line still having complete control of the ball and knowing the situation.

These are NBA moves.... I'd say Kevin Ollie has something to do with that style?

You see these other college teams play. Pass, pass, pass, no one can break down the defense.

This guy is an NBA player playing with a bunch of kids

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

mush milk says uconn...... uk it is.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: meader99, and Ferndog68

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Where was Napier all year? Did he just decide to flip the switch ON? I'm not sold on this kid yet. He beats Kentucky... then I'll be sold. As for the NBA... kid will be a BUST. Just a one hit wonder like Bobby Hurley.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Was he reading his answer in the post game press conference???
    Or

Looking at his phone

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Where was Napier all year? Did he just decide to flip the switch ON? I'm not sold on this kid yet. He beats Kentucky... then I'll be sold. As for the NBA... kid will be a BUST. Just a one hit wonder like Bobby Hurley.
    Ummmm he has played outstanding ball all year.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

What is your deal with bringing up the NBA when talking about college basketball? You do realize there are other parts to the game than just how many NBA players a team has. Kentucky probably has 5-6 NBA players on there team and nearly lost to a bunch of whitties who will never sniff an NBA or NBDL court. That alone should tell you enough.

You must be a quality over quantity guy. Rolling with the team with one really good NBA player over the team that will put 5 NBA players on the court. GL with the play, I just don't get your reasoning.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He does stick out

This college class is horrid

I cannot see one guy on Kentucky being good in the pros.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He does stick out

This college class is horrid

I cannot see one guy on Kentucky being good in the pros.
    this might be the dumbest thing you ever said and thats saying something
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave thetrinity 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

jjgold

Every so called college all american folded under pressure

non factors except Napier

NBA is too strong now for sub par players

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

UK ML it is.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    UK ML it is.
    All in. The mush has spoken.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

You havent watched them all year then.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok sooo....UConn has a good player so they will win?

I love these threads.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Only at SBR.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a sewing circle with a bunch of 70 year old women -- you know, the kind who bitch about everything but in reality know absolutely nothing.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Goat Milk is one of the few who understands the game. His analysis of Napier is spot on here. Good job.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Sizzler we know

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Goat Milk is one of the few who understands the game. His analysis of Napier is spot on here. Good job.
    He's a "borderline NBA All-Star" who is projected to be taken at the tail end of the first round or midway through the second round (No. 46 by Draft Express) in a draft filled with unproven commodities. OK.

I like Napier a lot, but he's a 6-0 guard who won't get away with the head-fake flopping he does on offense at the highest level.

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

24 *Charlotte" title="*Charlotte" style="width: 25px" align="absmiddle" height="25"> *Charlotte Shabazz Napier 6-1 185 PG UConn Sr.

16 Shabazz Napier PG
    22 yrs; 6'1"; 182 lbs.
    Connecticut, Sr

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2y9Lhl5w3
    http://www.draftexpress.com

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Every so called college all american folded under pressure

non factors except Napier

NBA is too strong now for sub par players
    u ever watch the Sixers Play double J?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He's a "borderline NBA All-Star" who is projected to be taken at the tail end of the first round or midway through the second round (No. 46 by Draft Express) in a draft filled with unproven commodities. OK.

I like Napier a lot, but he's a 6-0 guard who won't get away with the head-fake flopping he does on offense at the highest level.

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

24 *Charlotte" title="*Charlotte" style="width: 25px" align="absmiddle" height="25"> *Charlotte Shabazz Napier 6-1 185 PG UConn Sr.

16 Shabazz Napier PG
    22 yrs; 6'1"; 182 lbs.
    Connecticut, Sr

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2y9Lhl5w3
    http://www.draftexpress.com

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

That's great and all but all you just did was copy and paste something from a crappy website.

When you look at Napier's game, Goat hit on all the key points. Essentially what Goat is saying is that Napier is always able to get to his spot on the floor. There's not a lot of guys who have the ability to do that. I don't think people realize how much of an advantage it is to have a player who is at his best when the play breaks down. Teams can play good defense for the entire shotclock but Napier is going to make a play before that buzzer goes off 95% of the time.

Point is though, anyone who can get to his spot on the floor is going to be a really good player in the nba.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

That's great and all but all you just did was copy and paste something from a crappy website.

When you look at Napier's game, Goat hit on all the key points. Essentially what Goat is saying is that Napier is always able to get to his spot on the floor. There's not a lot of guys who have the ability to do that. I don't think people realize how much of an advantage it is to have a player who is at his best when the play breaks down. Teams can play good defense for the entire shotclock but Napier is going to make a play before that buzzer goes off 95% of the time.

Point is though, anyone who can get to his spot on the floor is going to be a really good player in the nba.
    He will be great in the D league in 3 years.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I've watched Napier a ton throughout his career. He's a great college player without question. But there's a reason these teams, despite having seen him for nearly 150 collegiate games, aren't projecting him to be anything better than a late first-round pick.

He's not athletic, he's small, he's streaky, and he can make very questionable decisions with the ball. He's been a great player in this tournament without question, but let's not go overboard here. He can "get to his spot on the floor" at the collegiate level, but we've seen literally dozens of guys who were able to do so until they got to the NBA and then they disappear.

Will this guy make it as a pro? I think he will. But this is a complete exaggeration and distortion of his game. Ironic, considering how often GM trashes college ball. Now he sees one guy who excels at this level and suddenly he's a future NBA All-Star. LOL.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I don't understand the logic

uk has much more nba talent and the best future nba player(s)

t-wizzle

I've watched Napier a ton throughout his career. He's a great college player without question. But there's a reason these teams, despite having seen him for nearly 150 collegiate games, aren't projecting him to be anything better than a late first-round pick.

He's not athletic, he's small, he's streaky, and he can make very questionable decisions with the ball. He's been a great player in this tournament without question, but let's not go overboard here. He can "get to his spot on the floor" at the collegiate level, but we've seen literally dozens of guys who were able to do so until they got to the NBA and then they disappear.

Will this guy make it at the pro level? I think he will. But this is a complete exaggeration and distortion of his game. Ironic, considering how often GM trashes college ball. Now he sees one guy who excels at this level and suddenly he's a future NBA All-Star. LOL.

He doesn't seem to make many questionable decisions to me. In fact, I'd argue he's one of the smartest players I've seen in recent memory with the ball in his hands.

There's only a handful of players in college every few years who can get to their spot like he can. The biggest thing as far as that goes is that he is able to get to the mid-range area around the elbow and pull up and knock down that shot seemingly every time. Reminds me of Chris Paul in that way.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Exactly. GM is completely contradicting himself, which I guess isn't all that surprising. He trashes college ball all the time, yet now he's ga-ga for one player against a team full of future pros. I highly doubt he's even watched Kentucky, though -- the dude just spouts a bunch of bullshit like he's an expert despite knowing nothing about the subject matter all the time.

t-wizzle

You never understand logic. Let the adults discuss basketball.

t-wizzle

Exactly. GM is completely contradicting himself, which I guess isn't all that surprising. He trashes college ball all the time, yet now he's ga-ga for one player against a team full of future pros. I highly doubt he's even watched Kentucky, though -- the dude just spouts a bunch of bullshit like he's an expert despite knowing nothing about the subject matter all the time.
    You don't need to watch college basketball all year to know if a guy can play the game. You really get worked up over this guy. I don't get it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

He doesn't seem to make many questionable decisions to me. In fact, I'd argue he's one of the smartest players I've seen in recent memory with the ball in his hands.

There's only a handful of players in college every few years who can get to their spot like he can. The biggest thing as far as that goes is that he is able to get to the mid-range area around the elbow and pull up and knock down that shot seemingly every time. Reminds me of Chris Paul in that way.
    During the NCAA Tournament, he's been under control. But if you've watched him over the course of this season (he's been better than in the past) and his career, he's still somewhat of a wildcard. Again, the issue of "getting to his spot" is going to be a lot more difficult at the next level, given his 6-0 build and 6-2 wingspan. Plus, he's a mediocre athlete at best.

Napier reminds me a lot of McDermott. They are more than NBA ready from a time and tape standpoint, yet teams are still pausing on them because of obvious deficiencies in their games that not only won't go away at the pro level, but will be fully exploited. Don't you think Napier would be a Top-10 lock by now given his body of work and what he's doing in the NCAA Tournament?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

You never understand logic. Let the adults discuss basketball.
    Didnt you just make a thread saying UConn is dead money and now agreeing?

i really hope your life turns a around for you
    Points Awarded:

TonyTall gave Louisvillekid1 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

great guards in college can carry team, we see it a lot

Teams cannot defend it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You don't need to watch college basketball all year to know if a guy can play the game. You really get worked up over this guy. I don't get it.
    You've got to be kidding me.

t-wizzle

During the NCAA Tournament, he's been under control. But if you've watched him over the course of this season (he's been better than in the past) and his career, he's still somewhat of a wildcard. Again, the issue of "getting to his spot" is going to be a lot more difficult at the next level, given his 6-0 build and 6-2 wingspan. Plus, he's a mediocre athlete at best.

Napier reminds me a lot of McDermott. They are more than NBA ready from a time and tape standpoint, yet teams are still pausing on them because of obvious deficiencies in their games that not only won't go away at the pro level, but will be fully exploited. Don't you think Napier would be a Top-10 lock by now given his body of work and what he's doing in the NCAA Tournament?

I think the nba draft is a complete farce. Anthony fukking Bennett went #1 overall last year for what reason exactly? It took 9 picks to get to Trey Burke and he's going to be one of the top 3 players in that draft. The top 10 picks are always loaded with stiffs who are selected based on "upside."

t-wizzle

Didnt you just make a thread saying UConn is dead money and now agreeing?

i really hope your life turns a around for you
    Yea. Took me all tourney to be wrong like that. And of course you were right there waiting since you've got nothing going on in your life other than blow and sbr. You're the self-proclaimed king of college hoops and you got buried this year. Good work pal.

1234 ... Last