fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

^reminds me of one of the best lines i ever heard to describe oogly...

"If I had a dog with a face like hers...I'd shave its ass and teach it to walk backwards."

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    The Bell will ring and Bethe Correira will have a broken arm within 10 seconds.
    I don't think this fight will be quick only because Honda said she wants to make betch suffer after all those comments.. so why would she sub her in 10 seconds? not gonna happen..I think honda is actually jonesin for a fight and this one probably will hit round 2 by way of cat playing with the mouse.

all you people betting on a quick finish this time are suckers...she has specifically said she wants to make her pay..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Shogun gonna whoop some arse!!!.. Read up on his training out here in Cali in preperation for this fight. http://www.kingsmma.com/#!faq/citr He'll be dialed in with his stand up just put it that way!!!!!...

Lil Nog watch out for those sneaky left hooks - War Shogun!!!!

23 year old Shogun dropping the hammer on lil Nog

Shogun can do what Rumble did....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-28-15 at 06:35 PM.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I love Mauricio. He mustn lose to zombie Nog 2. I dont know how the Nogueiras are still walking and breathing and training.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    I love Mauricio. He mustn lose to zombie Nog 2. I dont know how the Nogueiras are still walking and breathing and training.
    word on the street is that they're the walking dead.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

took ronda itd -650 while back. like stealing

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by shabang View Post
    word on the street is that they're the walking dead.
    for little-Nog that means death vs. Rua (who's a lot less spent...people lumping these 2 together gives us a better price on Rua--no spring chicken, for sure, but well this side of Nog-like zombiehood)

for big-Nog, not necessarily so: a zombie shell of his former self should be good enough to take out this easy-to-hit giraffe on roller skates...a male-HW version of Jessamyn Duke

I'll bet against a guy who never has been comfortable in that awkwardly-configured body of his (Struve) vs. a former great's zombie with left-over "auto pilot" fighter's instincts

little-Nog at +170 is a donation versus Rua
    big-Nog at +150 is a good "undead" dog vs. "the leaning beachfront skyscraper" Struve

fun "over the hill > never was" parlay
    (big-Nog*Cavalcante)+500
    -0.2u / +1u
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-29-15 at 10:26 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave fitguy67 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If anyone is the walking dead these days it's Bigfoot Silva.. Deseased shell of the man off the TRT.. He's still picking up checks from Zuffa while taking early naps in his fights though.. What a life..

Weakest chin in the division and an absolute no brainer to load up against him in this next fight IMO... Soa Palelei knocks out everyone, check his record and stats.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Soa-Palelei-9680

Soa by 1st round KO is a solid prop play when it comes out.... Soa ITD at -150 is a steal right now... (Seriously considering max betting the straight win and props with this fight)

Soa in action -

Poor Pat Barry...

loling at this gif... Pat still out on his feet in back ground...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-29-15 at 01:15 PM.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I take the comment back on Bigfoot having a chance here. I completely forgot how he actually looks off meds. Then again is testing going to be as strict in brazil as in the states? I have my doubts...still Soa is the pick here.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Magney bet of the card for me. A much more active/busy fighter. Think he'll take the decision.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I take the comment back on Bigfoot having a chance here. I completely forgot how he actually looks off meds. Then again is testing going to be as strict in brazil as in the states? I have my doubts...still Soa is the pick here.
    Smart man.. Soa is gonna be to quick and athetic for Big foot to react, just like Mir and Arlovski was.. Just that simple.. Mir and Arlovski basically dropped Big foot with weak jabs..

GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

Bigfoot's last two fights were in Brazil and he got crumpled
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave GoGoGadget 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Dont Forget Taleb at +$$...otherwise I like it.....might lay off the hester/Vitor fight too...
    Hester has low fighter iq, he'll try to stand and brawl with Miranda and get his lights put out.

I believe ever the taleb line is set perfectly, I have alves winning, but no play for me, better safer spots on the card to lay that juice. I understand the play on taleb tho.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    for little-Nog that means death vs. Rua (who's a lot less spent...people lumping these 2 together gives us a better price on Rua--no spring chicken, for sure, but well this side of Nog-like zombiehood)

for big-Nog, not necessarily so: a zombie shell of his former self should be good enough to take out this easy-to-hit giraffe on roller skates...a male-HW version of Jessamyn Duke

I'll bet against a guy who never has been comfortable in that awkwardly-configured body of his (Struve) vs. a former great's zombie with left-over "auto pilot" fighter's instincts

big-Nog at +150 is a good "undead" dog vs. "the leaning beachfront skyscraper" Struve

(big-Nog*Cavalcante)+500
    -0.2u / +1u
    Lmaooooo, perfect comparison, he is the HW version of duke, spot on!!!....
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-29-15 at 01:18 PM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

(big-Nog*Cavalcante)+500
    -0.2u / +1u
    One of the funnies comments in a while!!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Lmaooooo, perfect comparison, he is the HW version of duke, spot on!!!....
    Fit and Josh what is a 40 year old Big Nog version then? Must be fair and compare both and not just the tall Duke goof male clone.... Lulz..

RIP Big Nog pic... Got CPR??

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-29-15 at 01:51 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fit and Josh what is a 40 year old Big Nog version then? Must be fair and compare both and not just the tall Duke goof male clone.... Lulz..

RIP Big Nog pic... Got CPR??

Lol big nog looks like dead-wood laying there

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Bleacher reports - prelims card breakdown and predictions for each fight.. Worth checking out I think ... Some key points are made...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rd-predictions

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Jibby settle down with the gifs

fitguy67

this jack slack "fightland" article is outstanding

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killi...n-ronda-rousey

the xx
    the xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Soa Palelei is garbage.

Bigfoot got torched by Mir and Arlovski but look where they are now. Would any of you favor Soa over Duffee or Browne? I wouldn't and am not placing TOO much weight in those losses being indicative of Bigfoot having nothing left.

Not going big here but at +160, I'll take the overall better fighter to come through.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Jibby settle down with the gifs
    Pictures speak louder then words, no? Too graphic for ya Lockster?

Don't worry I'm done with Gifs and pictures on this event thread. Just trying to show some of you what's up with these fighters.. Perhaps I got carried away, perhaps I got a little excite, maybe it's just a faze I'm going thru.. IDK?

Just getting really pumped up for this card especially!!! Feeling like I'm gonna do some real damage with this event.. Been hot lately with the last 3 or 4 UFC events and feeling it...

Chomping at the bit for Saturday to come!!!...We have some Pride legends squaring off in home Brazil, there should be fireworks!! Doesn't get much better then this...

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by the xx View Post
    Soa Palelei is garbage.

Bigfoot got torched by Mir and Arlovski but look where they are now. Would any of you favor Soa over Duffee or Browne? I wouldn't and am not placing TOO much weight in those losses being indicative of Bigfoot having nothing left.

Not going big here but at +160, I'll take the overall better fighter to come through.
    Bang! Finally someone saying what i'm thinking...just like in the two Nog fights, it's a question of whose (of the two principals involved) negatives are more compelling to fade...who's more "shot", or more of a "never was"

throughout we've been liberally dumping on both Nogs, and their opponents: Rua and Struve...and heavily dumping on testosterone-poor BigFoot...but somehow throughout it all we've just been assuming that Palelei has been some sort of a beast or well this side of shot-dom...wrong and wrong...

a cursory side by side study of the records of the two

silva: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Silva-12354

palelei: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Soa-Palelei-9680

indicate that this is the battle of

a once-beastly 35yo (Silva) vs. a never-beastly 37yo (Palelei)

Silva's looked like absolute shyte since being forced off the Testosterone Replacement that his body so clearly needs

But Palelei's never been more than a fairly-reliable can-crusher at best

methinks Palelei-200/Silva+170 is about right...or might, as xx posits above, be overly-complimentary of Soa

so (or "soa"), I've actually extended my fun little "over the hill > never was" parlay into a 4-parlay round robin, thusly

A Cavalcante+140
    B Silva+170
    C Big-Nog +150

creating the following, risking 0.25u on each parlay (just 1u total stake)
    A*B +548
    A*C+500
    B*C+575
    A*B*C+1620

if any 2 of these 3 old dogs hit, there's a small half-unit net-pay...but if all three hits it's +8u (if less than 2 guyz hit, of course, it's a 1u donation)

whatever happens, will make watching these three fights more fun
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-29-15 at 08:58 PM.

fitguy67

Pictures speak louder then words, no? Too graphic for ya Lockster?

Don't worry I'm done with Gifs and pictures on this event thread. Just trying to show some of you what's up with these fighters.. Perhaps I got carried away, perhaps I got a little excite, maybe it's just a faze I'm going thru.. IDK?

Just getting really pumped up for this card especially!!! Feeling like I'm gonna do some real damage with this event.. Been hot lately with the last 3 or 4 UFC events and feeling it...

Chomping at the bit for Saturday to come!!!...We have some Pride legends squaring off in home Brazil, there should be fireworks!! Doesn't get much better then this...
    jibs, count me among those appreciative of the time and effort you put into jazzing up your posts with the gifs and links...
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave fitguy67 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85

Its not about where those two are now, its the way silva lost. I would also probably loose to mir and arlovski, but that doesnt make my ufc quality, right? Silva lost like someone that doesnt belong in an amateur sparring session at a local mma gym, i think thats the reason why people are fading him.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Its not about where those two are now, its the way silva lost. I would also probably loose to mir and arlovski, but that doesnt make my ufc quality, right? Silva lost like someone that doesnt belong in an amateur sparring session at a local mma gym, i think thats the reason why people are fading him.
    Silva has an unfortunate degenerative condition where tumors develop on his pituitary gland that need to be surgically removed or the function of his pituitary gland is dysfunctional in some ways. AFAIK the pituitary gland is what produces testosterone.

Silva was on TRT to remedy his condition.

The wholesale MMA TRT ban went into effect before Silva's fight with Arlovski. Silva has been finished twice in devastating fashion since the TRT ban. Around that time he's had surgery to remove part of his pituitary gland that had a tumor or something growing on it.

There are questions as to whether Silva can fight without TRT, or whether his career might be over.

Some people are saying Silva hasn't been the same since the TRT ban & his career is done. That could be why people are fading him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Voices of reason have finally spoken, Bjpenn and Sanity Check.. I couldn't have stated the facts better myself fellas..

Looking at Soa, he may not be a top 5 HW in the UFC but he is still a big strong man that has some speed and athleticism that will overwhelm any HW on the ground with strikes from the top position.. Perhaps he is a can crusher of sorts like Fit said but he is still winning mostly all of his recent fights by KO..

Sao in his last 13 fights - 12 wins by KO, with only one decision loss to Jared Rosholt whom is an elite wrestler that simply out wreslted Soa.. That was to be expected... Soa is currently 3-1 in the UFC which is respectable.... His last 3 wins in the UFC - Took out a good striker in Pat Barry easily and blasted thru Walt Harris and Ruan Potts.. Sao also seems to sport a very good chin as he's only been KO'd once in 26 pro fights as a HW. Now that's impressive..

I like his chances against a stationary and slow reacting target in Bigfoot Silva that seems to be getting dropped lately by anything that touches his chin.. Bigfoot Silva has little to no wrestling and that works to Soa's advantage as he won't have to worry about being taken down and can do the taking down himself if he so chooses..

I don't see how Bigfoot pulls off this win with his current declining physical condition. Maybe by submission if Soa takes him down dry and fresh and gets caught early but I doubt it.. Maybe if he let's Silva get off standing first and often and doesn't press himself but I doubt it..

Those are all the reasons I'm fading BigFoot Silva in a big way..

Soa highlights video -

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-30-15 at 11:15 AM.

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Plus mir looked like shit in his last fight. Palelei would have destroyed him

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

that's one of the seminal examples of "weird shit" that can easily happen to help drive in the point that
    SLIM CHANCE <> NO CHANCE...
    weird shit that can rape you of any substantial "investment you made" (actually a stake you risked) in what you thought was a sure thing (we always forget about the two words "damn near" that must precede "sure thing"...and that when the "damn near" clause gets invoked the huge stake you put up in pursuit of your sure-win vanishes in a catastrophe that more than eats up all $ from those many times you scored u'r small gain and thought u were an undiscovered genius in this game)

another reminder of weird shit that always CAN happen occurred a few weeks ago when Dave Rickels was a shoe-in to squash somebody and pulled a bonehead move that SO easily could have been construed a Loss by DQ...(just as Jones' toe coulda' easily led to a shitty-but-official L vs Sonnen...or his "vertical elbows" could have and DID given him a shitty-but-official L vs. Hammil)

a handy way to remember that SLIM <> NONE and that un-cappable "weird shit" can and will happen, is to think of Jon Jones: vs. Sonnen (where it almost happened) and vs. Hammil (where it did happen)...throw in the realization that shit decisions and inexplicable reff-ing/doctor-ing have been known to occur...and you have an ample case-book of reminders to wisely "Curb your Enthusiasm"

and to never confuse "risking $ in a bet on XYZ" with "investing $ in XYZ"
    i still wouldn't waste my money on a chance a "weird thing might happen" when i think the other fighter should bulldoze her opponent. Unless money means nothing to ya it aint worth the risk of hoping something weird happens.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^I'm also a bit reluctant to play Rousey with the unders or all other generic bets favoring Rousey.. Odds are just too great... Might try the Rousey under 1 round bet but at -245 that's still tough to swallow..

Been thinking, Rousey did say she wants to punish this girl badly, Rousey did also just pound out Cat Zingano on the ground and not sub her out.. This Brazilian chick might have decent submission defense anyways.. Short stocky strong limbs make it a little harder to lock in finishing submissions is also something to consider maybe when it comes to those Rousey arm bars..

In conclusion - for best betting value me tinks this prop might be the one worth trying.... I might give it a shot for 50 bucks just to be entertained in the main event anyways and thought to share...

1041 Rousey wins by TKO/KO +230

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Rousey overrated, she should win though, Correia just wants a check.

siefer
    siefer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Rousey overrated

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave siefer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael gave siefer 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Rousey overrated, she should win though, Correia just wants a check.
    Worst troll ever, both statements are completely wrong. Rousey isnt overrated, shes probably underrated, as her striking is much better, but she hasnt yet showed it yet, correira appears to believe shes really bad after beating jeassmyn duke and bazler which both are cut from the ufc, more or less. UFC has now given people title shot for losing by KO and victories over people NOT EVEN IN THE UFC!!!!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    Plus mir looked like shit in his last fight. Palelei would have destroyed him
    We've got some serious trolling going on up in here now... WTF is going on?? MD where are you?

Mir looked great in his last fight againt Duffy because he was the much bigger man and landed the first solid punch while trading in the pocket. Mir also looked great in beating Big Foot the fight before because Big foot is nothing more then a stationary human punching bag cripple these days... Before that Mir looked like garbage losing 4 straight..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Frank-Mir-2329#!

It's really amazing what 2 quick KO wins in a row will do for a HW fighter these days with a name in the UFC..

Perhaps Palelei could beat Mir????. Since Soa has only been KO'd once Mir might struggle finishing Soa standing, Soa Palelei might also be a better wrestler.. Soa would certainly out weigh Mir come fight time and that could cause problems also for Mir.. Mir might just get bullied by Soa as I wouldn't be surprised...

That might actually be a good scrap.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-30-15 at 03:07 PM.

bjpenn85

We've got some serious trolling going on up in here now... WTF is going on?? MD where are you?

Mir looked great in his last fight againt Duffy because he was the much bigger man and landed the first solid punch while trading in the pocket. Mir also looked great in beating Big Foot the fight before because Big foot is nothing more then a stationary human punching bag cripple these days... Before that Mir looked like garbage losing 4 straight..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Frank-Mir-2329#!

It's really amazing what 2 quick KO wins in a row will do for a HW fighter these days with a name in the UFC..

Perhaps Palelei could beat Mir????. Since Soa has only been KO'd once Mir might struggle finishing Soa standing, Soa Palelei might also be a better wrestler.. Soa would certainly out weigh Mir come fight time and that could cause problems also for Mir.. Mir might just get bullied by Soa as I wouldn't be surprised...

That might actually be a good scrap.
    Another not on that, palelei moves his head away from the center line when he throw punches and while he also moves his head ducking punches etc. Basically better boxing technique, insane why a such an easy concept is so hard for so many ufc fighters. So many times you can see replays when people are getting knocked out in the ufc, both fighters throw punches actually at the same time but the fighter that has moves his head either left or rights ends up victories. Antonio silva roles his shouldes but never the head, it is pretty much to throw a straight punch towards silvas guard and voila, there you go. F amateur hour!!

First 1234567 ... Last