blinkbetting
    blinkbetting's Avatar SBR Hustler

Blinkbettting MLB thread

Hi, I am blinkbetting and I am new here. Let me explain what to expect from me. I will post maximum 3 bets per day in different sports, MLB, NBA and NHL. My stake system is easy, flat stake with 500 dolars per bet.

Yesterday I went 2-1 but I couldnt post them here because I had not permission to open posts. St Louis was mas loss and the Red Sox my win in MLB. The other win was the under in the Dallas St Louis in NHL. +785 yesterday, a great start

My picks will be tracked in here, in blogabet and in tipstrr.

Pick 4:

Take Detroit to win, -119 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 400

How is playing Zimmerman, sounds easy to trust him and take the Tigers. So far this season, Zimmerman is 4-0 with a 0.35 ERA. Impressive, and it is not his first year in this league so we can say that we are talking about one of the best pitchers in the MLB. With Duffey the things are different. He is playing really well, with just 2.25 ERA but he played only 4 innings. The past season record was really good, 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA, but he is still a newbie in this league. I think that with Zimmerman on the mound we can trust the Tigers. Seems that finally players like Martinez and Cabrera are hitting as expected and that is enough to trust them into my eyes.

The past season Minnesota was one of the worst team hitting against righties by the way. This year, Detroit has scored 78 runs agains righties in 574 at bats while Minnesota scored 71 in 671 at bats. More at bats, less runs scored.

blinkbetting

Pick 5:

Take Chicago White Sox, +143 at 5dimes. 500$ to win 715

Ridiculous odds for the White Sox. Sorry but that is what I think.

Of course that Baltimore is playing well. They started the season with an amazing 7-0, but since then they went 7-8 with a clear lack of runs support to their pitchers during the span of at least 1 week. Now the offense seems to be back, but ...

If we talk about the amazing start of the season in Baltimore, what about the White Sox? They are 16-8, a better record than the Orioles' .

The White Sox' pitching has been amazing so far this season. Today, Latos on the mound, a pitcher that is 4-0 with 0.74 ERA. Simply amazing.

For the Orioles, Kevin Gausman, 0-1 and 1.80 ERA but with just 5 innings pitched. If we take a look to the past year's numbers, he finished with a negative 4-7 record and a 4.25 ERA. Not a dominant starter, not even close.

There is a huge value on the White Sox and I cant skip this bet.

blinkbetting

Detroit won.

Chicago was leading 3-1 but now 3-3 at the end of the 4th. Go White Sox!

blinkbetting

3 out of 3 today. +1655$ after a +785$ yesterday

This is just the beginning!

More picks tomorrow. GL!
    Last edited by SBR Genie; 05-02-16 at 03:07 PM.

blinkbetting

[5-1, +2440$]

Pick 7:

Take Phillies, +119 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 595$

I like Salazar but the Phillies as dog, playing at home and with Velasquez on the mound is simply a joke.

Philadelphia is going thru an amazing streak. I dont remember this team winning 8 out of the last 9 games. The pitching is working really well while their offense is giving enough run support to trust it.

Cleveland had troubles against righties the past year and this season the same. Velasquez is a nasty pitcher and not easy to make contact when he is pitching.

With Brantley back, the Indians have more offensive potential but I really think that the Phillies are overpriced here.

blinkbetting

Pick 8:

Take Pirates, -135 at 5dimes. 500$ to win 370$

Pitsburgh facing a right handed pitcher. Enough reason to back the Pirates.

Pittsburgh showed amazing performances this year facing righties, like they did the past season. In numbers, this team scored 110 runs with a .294 AVG so far this season, being the fourth team in the league in this aspect.

Where we have a huge edge in Pirates' favour too is in the bullpen. Pirates' bullpen is amazing, and I am saying this in a season where they didnt post good performances but its matter of time.

About Cincinnati, they are going to face a lefty and the advantage that players like Votto or Bruce have facing righies is gone.

Their bullpen has been terrific so far, being the worst in thel league with a 6.21 ERA in total. Just awful.

Pittsburgh playing really well with 8 wins in their last 9 games while Cincinnati lost 8 games in their last 9 played. Nothing more to say.

blinkbetting

Tim Adleman will be the SP starting for Cincinnati. The odds for Pirates should drop in the next hours.

blinkbetting

Brantley is not in the lineup for the Indians. Rest

blinkbetting

Last pick of the day.

Pick 9:

Take Houston +1, +105 at 5dimes. 500$ to win 525$

Fister was a reliable pitcher and Houston were one of the big favourites to win the World Series. I am talking about the past, but not that far from today. I think that the people and the bookies are punishing Houston too hard and I see big value in such odds for them. I am taking this spread that playing away is always easy to play.

Fister arrives to this match with a 1-3 record and a 5.56 ERA. Awful numbers, but who was expecting that? I think that his numbers are going to get better and better for the rest of the season to finish with a positive record and the ERA getting close to 4, but we will see. What I knows is that this pitcher is not that bad and the Houston Astros are still one of the best teams in the league.

Oakland with Rich Hill on the mound. 12 years in the majors and he was never that good, not playing as starter and not playing coming from the bullpen. I am not afraid of this guy. So far this season he is 3-2 with 2.42, and as I said that I am pretty sure that Firster is going to improve his numbers, I am pretty sure too that Hill's are going to get worse.

I like this kind of positive handicaps because playing away, a win by 1 run means that the home team wouldnt bat in the ninth. Plus, in extra innings only a multi runs home run would ruin the spread. Losing by 1, a push. I love it. Go Astros!
    Last edited by blinkbetting; 05-01-16 at 06:07 PM.

blinkbetting

Are the ******** Pirates playing like that for real? Error after error during all game long. They are playing like kids

blinkbetting

Well, I cant do anything if the Pirates play defense like they did today. 4 errors but that was not the worst part, they couldnt get outs from easy fly balls all day long. Fu**ing ridiculous!!!

Pittsburgh Loss
    Philadelphia Won

Houston is leading by 2-0 at the end of the fourth. They will decide if we have a positive or a negative day.

blinkbetting

Phillies +119 WIN
    Pirates -135 WIN
    Houston+1 +105 WIN

Today: 2-1
    , +620$
    Global: 7-2 +3060$

blinkbetting

Pick 10:

Take Houston-1, -127 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 395$.

Yesterday I went with Houston and the things were good enough to trust them again, but this time with Keuchel on the mound, their best pitcher by far. As I said yesterday, this team was expected to be one of the best in the league and to be fighting for the World Series at the end of the year. Nothing changed. Their slow start is just that, a start, there is plenty of time for the change.

With Keuchel this team is simply a must take. This pitcher is reliable and playing at home we saw him posting amazing performances. This year he is 2-3 with 4.41 ERA but we all know that his record will be positive sooner or later and the ERA will drop for sure. Minnesota is a team that has been batting really well against lefties the past two years but his numbers against Keuchel are not that good. Keuchel is 2-1 with 2.30 ERA in three career starts against the Twins and positive h2hs against players like Sano or Suzuki. If we take a look to his numbers playing at home we can see that he has won 17 straight regular season starts playing in Houston with a 1.47 ERA with the team going 20-2 in that span.

Minnesota with Berrios on the mound for this match, a complete disaster in this start of the season. Just 4 innings played, already a loss (0-1) with 11.25 ERA after facing Cleveland. Not a good debut from a guy that is a top prospect but for some reason we didnt see that in his first appareance with the Twins.

I trust Keuchel too much and the comeback for the Astros is there. I expect them posting better numbers this month so everything that means go in their favour is good to me. This spread is easy to play. If they win by 1, push, if they win by more than 1, win. An Astros' loss would be a loss for us to.

blinkbetting

Pick 11:

Take Texas over 4, -104 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 480$

Dickey has been playing awful so far this season, but that is nothing new. The old knuckleballer is not reliable anymore and his level is far away from the CY Young that once was. His record this season is 1-3 with a 6.75 ERA and his two appareances at home were simply ridiculous, 6 earned runs in just 5 innings against Boston and 6 earned runs in 6 innings against the White Sox.

At this moment the bullpen in Toronto is not reliable either. They are 0-8 this season with a total 4.04 ERA. The worst performances in the bullpen were posted by Storen (0-1 and 10.13 ERA in 8 innings) and by Cecil (0-5 and 5.79 ERA in 9.1 innings).

Texas has been batting better against lefties than against righties in the last years but I think that Dickey wont be a problem for them. The knuckleballer is a very inconsistent pitcher nowadays and we have pretty good hitters in Texas facing a guy that gave plenty of long balls. Batters favored by the lefty-righty matchup in this game are Odor, Fielder, Mazara or Moreland.

GGGJR82
    Update your status
    GGGJR82's Avatar SBR High Roller

I like Houston in this match up also, although I do think they over achieved some last yr and thats why they have been down to start the season & Minn for as bad as they started out the yr, has been better the past couple of weeks... Berrios should still be in the minors, originally a short stop made the change to pitcher not to long ago, so being that he is still 21 yrs old and still learning to be a pitcher, it is hard to not fade him today, even tho I generally stay away from a match up when a prospect comes up and makes his first couple of starts, and I do believe he is minn top pitching prospect... I like Houston tonight also, but normally I would stay away from this match up

GGGJR82
    Update your status

Nelson pitching for Mil, I usually play them when he is on the mound because you usually get him at plus money, but I do not love the match up today... Weaver has been a lot better than anyone thought this yr, and Mil is favored... So today I am gonna take a pass on Nelson & Mil

blinkbetting

I think we are in the same page here, but I cannot stay away when Keuchel is playing at home, like when Arriesta pitches in the Wright Field, Keuchel is a pretty reliable pitcher, not at the same level but ... you know.

I was looking the -1.5 but at the end I took the -1 just because what you said. I dont like to go against top prospects when they reach to the league. The kid had a rough debut and I have to go against him but I want to be careful with this game.

About the Astros, I think they have a pretty good damn roster and the results will arrive sooner or later. I am pretty sure about that because this team has all the spots in the lineup well covered, they have a great bullpen and the starting rotation is not that bad. keuchel has to step forward and he will.

About the Twins, they are not bad at all and the spring trainning was really good. The start of the season was not good at all and they will post better results, but this is not the place to do it imo. Keuchel, Houston, the kid pitching ... I dont know

blinkbetting

Quote Originally Posted by GGGJR82 View Post
    Nelson pitching for Mil, I usually play them when he is on the mound because you usually get him at plus money, but I do not love the match up today... Weaver has been a lot better than anyone thought this yr, and Mil is favored... So today I am gonna take a pass on Nelson & Mil
    I think that Weaver is in the same situation than Dickey, their best years are gone and it is easy for me to fade them. That said, Milwaukee is not reliable enough to trust them. I would take their over if they would be playing away but 4 runs and such odds ... is not enough imo.

By the way, Milwaukee is probably the worst team in the league at this moment, at least in my opinion. Teams like Atlanta, Minnesota or the Yankees have worse record but for me, Milwaukee is simply the worst. Thats enough reason to avoid all the thoughts in their favour when I am taking a look to the lines for each day. "Just skip or fade them" say my brains jaja

GGGJR82
    Update your status

I agree, I took Houston... Its gonna be a light night for me, nothing I really love, Over tex/toronto, houston... I have taken the Reds a couple of times with Finnegan on the mound, but I cant tonight in this spot, same with Nelson & Mil, I like to fade Colon but that really hasnt worked out so far this yr, and am not fading him in this spot tonight... only other play I may take is Reds/Giants under

GGGJR82
    Update your status

I agree with you about staying away from the really bad teams, Mil is one of them, I think so far this yr I am 3-1 when I have bet Mil because of Nelson... With the really bad teams I agree stay away or fade, but I also do like to pick and choose from time to time a spot to play them getting good return on investment... Personally I do not like betting anything over -135 stretching it -140... 162 games per team a yr, at worst a really bad team will win 60 games, its finding the right spots to play them

blinkbetting

I love the underdogs so ... what can I say jajaj

I am now looking for one dog for tonight that would be my last bet

blinkbetting

Last bet of the day:

Pick 12:

Take Cubs, +111 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 560$.

I had enough yesterday watching Pittsburgh. It was simply ridiculous how they played in defense, with 4 errors and a lot of easy fly outs wasted that finished with a well deserved loss against Cincinnati that did almost nothing to win the game.

With Hammel pitching for the Cubs, I think that we have a great dog here to back. Hammel has been fantastic so far this season with 3 wins in 4 outings, 0.75 ERA in 24 innings pitched. He faced Cincinnati twice, Arizona and St Louis, not bad teams at bat.

Pittsburgh with Cole, a pitcher that I really enjoy to watch playing, but he is not at the same level than he was the past season. His numbers are not bad, 2-2 record with 2.78 ERA in 4 starts, playing 22.2 innings. One of his losses were at home against Detroit, his only outing here in Pittsburgh.

Both teams love to hit against righties, but so far this year the Cubs are doing better than the Pirates. 117 runs scored in 612 AB while the Pirates scored 114 in 756 AB. 24 vs 17 in home runs for the Cubs too with less at bats.

This could be a match for the under but after watching yesterday Pittsburgh playing awful defense, I cannot back a low line like the one we have for this match. I think that the Cubs have probably the best roster in the MLB at this moment, with a very powerful lineup that should make some damage against Cole while Hammel is reliable enough to trust him. About the bullpens, Pittsburgh' was amazing the past season but this year they are posting poor performances so far with a global 4.37 ERA, far away from the past season. Cubs' 2.78 ERA.

Great dog to back today imo. GL

blinkbetting

The odds for the Cubs raised, +120 now. The reason? Heyward resting today. He is .211 and after two poor season I dont think that the missing is that big to raise that much the odds but seems that the people is not in the same page.

Remember, 3 plays today:

Take Houston -1, -127 at 5dimes. 500$ to win 395$
    Take Texas over 4, -104 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 480$
    Take Cubs, +111 at pinnacle. 500$ to win 560$
    Last edited by blinkbetting; 05-02-16 at 04:31 PM. Reason: wrong copy paste

Sorryboutit
    Sorryboutit's Avatar SBR Sharp

I thought you said Houston -1???

blinkbetting

Sorry, my mistake. It was because yesterday I had Houston+1 (wrong copy paste) jjeje. For today it is Houston -1!!!

Houston-1 -127

Sorryboutit

I figured that. Had to check... TY!

Sorryboutit

I got Texas over 4 at -135

blinkbetting

so the odds for the over I posted dropped a lot. funny to hear that because Texas ML raised ... I guess that the people is expecting runs in this game

Sorryboutit

Let's get some Texas

blinkbetting

Quote Originally Posted by Sorryboutit View Post
    Let's get some Texas
    nothing happened so far, just a home run, a pair of hits more and a pair of walks too. Toronto even worse, but the game is tied 1-1

blinkbetting

The Pirates are defensively a disaster. Today they are posting a poor performance again. Lets see if Hammels can stop them for the rest of the game but the 5 runs lead should be enough

GGGJR82
    Update your status

Nice call on Cubs, I stayed away I thought the loss by bucks yest was them looking ahead to this series but + money for Cubs was the right play

blinkbetting

Amazing the shit that Texas just did. Unbelievable. Are this guy pros? They play sometimes like ****ing kids in the yard

Sorryboutit

Shoulda walked away with more than 1in that inning. WTF happened?Not near a TV for awhile

blinkbetting

Full houses, 1 out. Long fly ball and DeShields taged from first base and he was tagged out in the second before the guy from third crosses the plate so ... 0 runs, double play, 3 outs

123 Last