Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

$200 on Madison Keys +1800 to win Wimbledon

WTA is a crapshoot, everyone sucks equally. Pretty pitiful that no one has taken over women's tennis since Serena's decline, besides Osaka.

Keys has the game to win on grass. She has made the semis in every major in her career except Wimbledon, and with Serena and Osaka now out of the tournament, I think this could be Keys's chance to capture a grand slam. She has the firepower, more so than most women on tour.

These odds simply do not make sense.

If I lose, so be it. 200 to win 3600.

I want to start transitioning away from gambling everyday, and start betting futures. I don't enjoy gambling everyday as much as I used to, it's too time consuming doing all the research, following the games, etc.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Madison Keys never wins anything, she has good power but never enough control

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Madison Keys never wins anything, she has good power but never enough control
    Most people who win WTA majors never win anything either, prior to winning. That's the point. The WTA is one of the worst professional tours/circuits in the world. There is no dominant player, no player that you fear, outside of a healthy, in-shape Serena. Look at how many women have captured majors over the past 5 years... People you've never even heard of. Keys has been a consistent majors player for a good 5 years. Grass is the best surface for a power player like her.

Anyway we shall see. Odds are +1800, and I feel they should be +900. So I take things based on value, not necessarily what I truly believe is going to happen.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Most people who win WTA majors never win anything either, prior to winning. That's the point. The WTA is one of the worst professional tours/circuits in the world. There is no dominant player, no player that you fear, outside of a healthy, in-shape Serena. Look at how many women have captured majors over the past 5 years... People you've never even heard of. Keys has been a consistent majors player for a good 5 years. Grass is the best surface for a power player like her.

Anyway we shall see. Odds are +1800, and I feel they should be +900. So I take things based on value, not necessarily what I truly believe is going to happen.
    She’s had more success on hard Court than other surfaces, she just never breaks through at majors, she can’t play defense. She is talented, just not mentally tough enough.

degennn
    degennn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5047

Rybakina

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Moreno right here

This is a waste of $$$

Grass is Euro centric

Find a dog from former soviet states

thomorino

I agree with goat the field is wide open, Sablenka has been the most impressive to me.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Yup any of the girls can win it, unlike the men's where you have to be super mentally tough to win one while the girls have plenty of 1 hit wonders and you can get 2 chokers in a final like mugs Vs kenin, kenin played 5 excellent points 0-40 in the last set but was crying during the match and throwing bad DFS while mugs has just turned into a mentally weak coward

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    WTA is a crapshoot, everyone sucks equally. Pretty pitiful that no one has taken over women's tennis since Serena's decline, besides Osaka.

Keys has the game to win on grass. She has made the semis in every major in her career except Wimbledon, and with Serena and Osaka now out of the tournament, I think this could be Keys's chance to capture a grand slam. She has the firepower, more so than most women on tour.

These odds simply do not make sense.

If I lose, so be it. 200 to win 3600.

I want to start transitioning away from gambling everyday, and start betting futures. I don't enjoy gambling everyday as much as I used to, it's too time consuming doing all the research, following the games, etc.
    Keys is w/o question the best value play on the board. Even though Barty is a bigger fav. in her next match, I think Keys is the most likely to advance based on her opponent. Keys would then be right around a pk against Pliskova/Samsonova & she just beat Sabalenka who she might get in the SFs. Then you gotta like your position with a +1800 in the Finals to hedge or let it ride.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Well after reading this thread, Based on how bad his picks are Sabalenka is done.

I would think fat Barty should win or at least be the favorite

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Ill take kerber before keys

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

dropped 50 and added federer to parlay

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Goater to be respected she is playing well

MiDNiTe

Out of the big dogs like muchova, don't think kerber is playing well enough but respect that she is a crazy fighter who has multiple slams

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Goater to be respected she is playing well
    Anyone disrespecting Goater has a VERY personal problem with me. He's probably our top underdog hitter!

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11220

You are wasting money because Keys is definitely not winning Wimbledon. Noobs that like Keys are enamored by her power but she is a very poor returner and can't play defense. For every winner she hits, she will make five unforced errors on very simple routine shots.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

She can paint the lines when in form

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Told you man, save your money. She got stomped in straight sets by Golubic 😂 . As I expected, so many unforced errors. Keys will never win a slam, she's an errors machine. People only see her power and serve but it takes so much more to win matches than that.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Ill take kerber before keys

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Yep, Kerber is a much better choice because she's one of the best returners in the game and plays awesome defense. It doesn't matter how many aces you hit if you can't stop other people's aces lol.

thomorino

Keys is such a disappointment, after a number of year she still hasn’t learned how to control anything consistently

ARCHIVADO98
    Elon F...... Musk
    ARCHIVADO98's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Keys is such a disappointment, after a number of year she still hasn’t learned how to control anything consistently
    Did you hedge at all?

MiDNiTe

Is Davenport still keys coach? Might need a change soon, BBB is the only thing keys does

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

She’s had more success on hard Court than other surfaces, she just never breaks through at majors, she can’t play defense. She is talented, just not mentally tough enough.
    wut is breaking through to u winning it all? she’s made it to aussie semis, french semis, wimby quarters, and us open final that’s way more than a couple top 5 ranked chicks

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Let's go Barty

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Was worth a shot at that price. She is one goofy looking broad though. Her last name is Keys cause her teeth are piano keys. She looks like a character from this cartoon I watched when I was a little kid, The Wild Thornberrys.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    wut is breaking through to u winning it all? she’s made it to aussie semis, french semis, wimby quarters, and us open final that’s way more than a couple top 5 ranked chicks
    She has consistently disappointed for a top player, she has the talent to be a top 5 player and she very rarely gets past the quarterfinals at majors.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Was worth a shot at that price. She is one goofy looking broad though. Her last name is Keys cause her teeth are piano keys. She looks like a character from this cartoon I watched when I was a little kid, The Wild Thornberrys.
    Uncanny resemblance KB.