PLUSLINES
    PLUSLINES's Avatar Become A Pro!

A "Pro" Online Sports Gambling Article

I found it a good read.

Taxing Regulated Internet Gambling Would Generate Billions in New Revenue - A tax revenue analysis announced by Representat...

http://www.point-spreads.com/industr...in-new-re.html
    Last edited by Ganchrow; 11-20-07 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Multiple posts merged

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

the war is over we lost already

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about Ron Paul?

Seriously. He's a very bright and articulate libertarian. He will likely not become president, but who better to make the case over the next year or so. I think the insanity of it all (a Nevadan cannot conveniently, if legally, sit at home on his computer and place a $5 wager on the Broncos) would tickle him. This truly is about freedom, and about limiting freedom for the wrong sorts of reasons. Just a thought.

Maybe I need some sleep.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ron Paul sounds too good to be true. He is the kind of person we need in office, not another talking head from the Bush administration or Hillary Clinton. I believe he's genuine in his positions, the gambling stuff really is just the icing on the cake. I think we'd be better off with him.

I encourage anyone who hasn't already to at least read the guys website, compare his views to some of the others out there, at least give him a shot and follow him some.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed, crazyl. I've noticed that lately the good people seem to be getting branded as nuts.

It's funny. I have respect for Paul on the Repub side and Kucinich on the Dem side.

I know it sounds nutty.

JDizzel
    JDizzel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is a stupid law that does not work ...people is still playing online ...is like the Dry Law back in the 20's, sooner or later they'll to understand that the U.S Goverment is losing money.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

books are closing or going under. fewer people are playing and losing their families food money. the law is working

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

hey guys, paul is never going to be elected, not rich enough & too honest

find the old, white, protestant guy who is loaded with cash (i mean donations) & there's your answer to who will be pres

and yes, making gambling illegal makes no sense whatsoever (socially or fiscally), but i can say the same about prostitution & drugs as well

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Many States already use gambling money to help their budgets through lotteries, race tracks and slot machines.

I think the Vegas books would love having regulated and licensed books and have the software ready to start it up.

The problem continues to be the sports leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB) spending millions upon millions of dollars lobbying against it in congress to protect the "integrity" of their business.

While poker players have an organized lobbying effort to legalize on-line poker, they are willing to throw sportsbetting under the bus through "opt-out" clauses in their proposed legislation (Frank proposal) to try and appease the sports leagues; however, the sportsleagues are not biting.

http://www.house.gov/frank/netgambling0407.html