tristan
    Update your status
    tristan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Why do lines always disappear on Pinbet88/Pinnacle ???

May someone explain me why do lines always disappear on Pinbet88 /Pinnacle ?? I was betting on Basketball, champions League matches, arbing with pinbet88 and other bookmakers, and suddenly Pinbet88 stopped displaying many matches (such as Nymburk vs Skyliners, Bakken Vs Domzale, ...). All these matches will start in 2 or 4 hours, and yet Pinbet88 made the lines "offline", lines have disappeared for a while now and no idea if they will reappear or not. Using Pinnacle for arbing becomes very dangerous if they continue acting that way, stopping displaying lines when they want, at any moment !!??

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

My best guess is if they are being heavily bet on 1 side the traders want to take a look at the odds on Betfair etc

Or if some team news/injury etc has come out

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Why should a book not be able to offer a market or not as they please?

Always arbers crying about normal things like this.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-03-17 at 09:56 AM.

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why should a book not be able to offer a market or not as they please?

Always arbers crying about normal things like this.
    I totally agree a book is free to decide if he wants to offer a market or not. But in my opinion, once he decides to offer a market and display lines, he has to offer that market until the start of the match, or he should rather not display lines at all. The contrary is not correct towards customers, that is my opinion.
    The same way, there' s something Pinnacle regularly does and i consider as not correct and not professionnal at all: when displaying lines (pre-match), they offen indicate "live" near the lines to indicate that matches will be available for live/in-play. The problem is Pinnacle regularly doesn't offer live betting for these matches that they had announced as available for live betting... Once again, they are free to offer live betting or not, but once they announce there will be live betting, they must offer it, that is my opinion.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Markets get suspended all the time at every book for a number of reasons, I really don't see what you are complaining about. If the book decides to suspend a market indefinitely that's their choice...

Looks to me you're complaining because you were arbing and wanted to get a better live price instead of the pre-match price offered and then pulled the short end of the straw after the market didn't offer the live odds you were expecting to get.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post

I totally agree a book is free to decide if he wants to offer a market or not. But in my opinion, once he decides to offer a market and display lines, he has to offer that market until the start of the match, or he should rather not display lines at all. The contrary is not correct towards customers, that is my opinion.
    The same way, there' s something Pinnacle regularly does and i consider as not correct and not professionnal at all: when displaying lines (pre-match), they offen indicate "live" near the lines to indicate that matches will be available for live/in-play. The problem is Pinnacle regularly doesn't offer live betting for these matches that they had announced as available for live betting... Once again, they are free to offer live betting or not, but once they announce there will be live betting, they must offer it, that is my opinion.

I understand why you don't like it.

But everything you say is from an arbers point of view. Arbers often think that they should be able to play with zero risk. In fact they regularly demand it and come up with reasoning like yours, that honestly is not reasonable.

I dont agree a book has an obligation to offer betting at all times just because they hung a line at all. I don't think any sports bettor apart from an arber would think that way really either.

Not sure about the live thing. Had not noticed it but dont bet live very much. Seems silly of them to say it will be live if not planned to be, as some people are going to not bet pre game based on that.

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post

Looks to me you're complaining because you were arbing and wanted to get a better live price instead of the pre-match price offered and then pulled the short end of the straw after the market didn't offer the live odds you were expecting to get.
    And so?? What's the matter with that? As far as i know arbing and trading are part of the business, and tell me if i'm wrong but i've always heard Pinnacle said arbers are most welcome... So when they say, as i wrote in my previous example, that they will offer live betting for an event, they have to offer it, that's a question of professionalism.

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Not sure about the live thing. Had not noticed it but dont bet live very much. Seems silly of them to say it will be live if not planned to be, as some people are going to not bet pre game based on that.
    You can trust me when i say they regularly announce some matches as available for live betting , and then they don't offer live betting. I regularly contact my agent about that, explaining them the issue so that Pinbet88 offers live betting... After being contacted sometimes Pinnacle finally offers live betting for the event, when that event has started for a while... Arbing / Trading is only a little part of my bets, but that's a part i appreciate too. Pinnacle says arbers/traders are very welcome... Traders regularly place pre-match bets with the idea of making a benefit in-play. So when they see that Pinnacle indicates there will be live-betting, they may take some positions...And then, surprise, no live-betting on Pinnacle! That's what i call total lack of respect and professionalism

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    And so?? What's the matter with that? As far as i know arbing and trading are part of the business, and tell me if i'm wrong but i've always heard Pinnacle said arbers are most welcome... So when they say, as i wrote in my previous example, that they will offer live betting for an event, they have to offer it, that's a question of professionalism.
    I agree they should offer lines if they announced they would, but complaining because they suspend a market pre-match is something completely different (that's what you did in your opening post, you only added the part about not having live betting afterwards).

That Bakken game was suspended today because of a huge line movement, which means 1 side was pounded. Quite normal for them to suspend betting in that case, or do you expect them to keep the line up and take a huge risk on it? They bring back the lines after a short suspension in the vast majority of markets.

Optional

I don't mean to sound critical of arbers/traders persae.

Just have heard similar complaints too often before and regularly does my head in trying to 'help' the people. Can't just say, 'I think you are wrong' or will likely get abused as some sort of shill protecting sponsors. So have to be sympathetic but still when it comes down to nothing can be done, often receive a blast of abuse at the book or me or SBR. I think the sort of person who is attracted to arbing just thinks a little bit different to regular punters. I probably don't really get them (you) as well I guess. I think the attitude difference all comes down to the whole 'risk free' idea though.

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post

That Bakken game was suspended today because of a huge line movement, which means 1 side was pounded. Quite normal for them to suspend betting in that case, or do you expect them to keep the line up and take a huge risk on it? They bring back the lines after a short suspension in the vast majority of markets.
    I totally agree with you that's normal they suspend betting in these cases, they have to adjust lines, i have no problem with that. But they should bring back the lines after a short suspension as you said. Unfortunately they sometimes bring back the lines hours later, or they even never bring them back, that's what i don't appreciate. But of course i understand they have to regularly suspend betting, for short moments..

hinkel
    hinkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    My best guess is if they are being heavily bet on 1 side the traders want to take a look at the odds on Betfair etc

Or if some team news/injury etc has come out
    you are wrong here. Pinnacle don`t care about news and they are the last, who are searching for injury news, even if someone are betting big on a team. They are (their System) taking out a Match sometimes, if someone placed high stakes, but it has nothing to do, that someone in the company is researching now for infos or looking what happens @ Betfair.
    But there is a solution, you can contact them by email and tell them, that odds for the following game are offline, and they will open the market again
    Last edited by hinkel; 01-03-17 at 01:07 PM.