TopNotch
    TopNotch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Can someone explain bodogs bonus system please

I have taken advantage of their 100% unlimited bitcoin bonus. This has a 5 time rollover. However my "bonus balance" has gone down but not by as much as I would expect based on my total amount of wagers.

I also see a "lock" amount next to some of the bonuses..... Anyone know how to make sense of this?

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

If your bonus balance has gone down that means you have either lost some money on your bets or you've cleared part of the rollover. Bovada/Bodog has one of the easiest bonus systems to understand. If you click on the account balance it will even tell you how much more you need to wager to clear rollover.

TopNotch

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    If your bonus balance has gone down that means you have either lost some money on your bets or you've cleared part of the rollover. Bovada/Bodog has one of the easiest bonus systems to understand. If you click on the account balance it will even tell you how much more you need to wager to clear rollover.
    In theory I agree, listing out the amount that is still a pending bonus is a good idea. And I see where it tracks your rollover percentage. However it doesn't line up properly.

For example, for every 250 deposit you get a 250 bonus.... This has a five time rollover. So 2500 in wagers should release 250 in bonuses. However that hasn't happened. And on my transaction history after some bets there is a bonus amount released..... For example a $300 settled wager releases $30 in bonus funds. However after other bets nothing is released in my transaction history.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

You understand it right. Not all bets count toward rollover though. You might want to review the bonus terms and see what you are doing that is not counting.

Buffalo Nickle

Another possibility, you may have bet too much and busted out. You have zero deposit money but still have rollover to meet. This is a tricky bonus. If you have taken multiple bonus, you will have to meet rollover on Bonus #1 before they start giving you money on Bonus #2.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

hold on a second. is this a cash bonus or not? i understand the bonus is separate but, to keep it simple, if i bet the entire $250 cash and $250 bonus and i win my bet will my balance be $1000 cash now (minus the juice)??

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    hold on a second. is this a cash bonus or not? i understand the bonus is separate but, to keep it simple, if i bet the entire $250 cash and $250 bonus and i win my bet will my balance be $1000 cash now (minus the juice)??
    No, Bovada is very smart. You get released $25 on a $250 bet and you get it all when you meet rollover. They have the smartest bonuses of any book from a book's perspective.

TopNotch

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    You understand it right. Not all bets count toward rollover though. You might want to review the bonus terms and see what you are doing that is not counting.
    All the bets should count. I've read the terms. For example some straight wagers on ncaa football have released a bonus, others haven't.

I suspect it has something to do with the 'lock amount' that is showing next to some of the bonuses. The problem is they don't explain what this is or where it comes from. Ultimately I know what my total rollover should be and if it doesn't all get released at that point I'll get them to look into it. I assume the system is fair in the way it handles the bonuses, I was just hoping someone could shed some light.

TopNotch

It's a cash bonus.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by TopNotch View Post
    All the bets should count. I've read the terms. For example some straight wagers on ncaa football have released a bonus, others haven't.

I suspect it has something to do with the 'lock amount' that is showing next to some of the bonuses. The problem is they don't explain what this is or where it comes from. Ultimately I know what my total rollover should be and if it doesn't all get released at that point I'll get them to look into it. I assume the system is fair in the way it handles the bonuses, I was just hoping someone could shed some light.
    Post your transaction history in order for last 10 bets and I can probably figure it out.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 09-09-16 at 03:22 PM.

temple2010

No, Bovada is very smart. You get released $25 on a $250 bet and you get it all when you meet rollover. They have the smartest bonuses of any book from a book's perspective.
    oh wtf- yeah, smart for them sure. thanks for the info.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

Certainly the best from a player's perspective. Not so sure it's +Ev for the Book.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Certainly the best from a player's perspective. Not so sure it's +Ev for the Book.
    For the way Bovada does bonuses, it is to their advantage although perhaps not on this particular bonus. However, they will certainly come out better than the math would forecast.

HedgeHog

Yes it's cash, and you'll have roughly $1000 to bet after winning that bet.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Yes it's cash, and you'll have roughly $1000 to bet after winning that bet.
    Thanks for clearing this up cause they just made it seem that you cant even bet the bonus balance, and it gets released intead. I haven't played here in a while but this bonus seems on point.

TopNotch

Ok, here are some settled wagers from last night. The last wager to be settled and have any bonus funds released was the Red Sox/Jays game. Every wager leading up to that had bonus funds released as expected.

Then the Jays game had $52.75 released instead of the $55 I would expect. This line appears after that, implying that one of the active bonuses was fully released:

Bonus Closed: $264.88 Unlocked$0.00

After that wager no more bonus funds are released, even though I have more active bonuses and bonus funds in my account.

Sep 10, 2016
    3:06 AM
    SETTLED Single #(Lose) (Placed by web)
    Baseball - MLB - Runline - Match
    San Francisco Giants @ Arizona Diamondbacks
    San Francisco Giants -1.5 (-130), Sep 09/16@9:40p (Lose)
    Risked CA$ 325.00 to win CA$ 250.00

SETTLED Single # (Win) (Placed by web)
    Baseball - MLB - Moneyline - Match
    Texas Rangers @ Los Angeles Angels
    Texas Rangers -129, Sep 09/16@10:05p (Win)
    AMERICAN LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 322.50 to win CA$ 250.00

Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres
    Colorado Rockies -110, Sep 09/16@10:40p (Win)
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 275.00 to win CA$ 250.00

Seattle Mariners @ Oakland Athletics
    Seattle Mariners -136, Sep 09/16@10:05p (Win)
    AMERICAN LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 340.00 to win CA$ 250.00

SETTLED Single # (Lose) (Placed by web)
    Football - College - Point Spread - Match
    Louisville @ Syracuse
    Syracuse +17.0 (-115), Sep 09/16@8:00p (Lose)
    This game can be seen on {ESPN2}
    Risked CA$ 287.50 to win CA$ 250.00

New York Mets @ Atlanta Braves
    Atlanta Braves -125, Sep 09/16@7:35p (Lose)
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 1250.00 to win CA$ 1000.00

SETTLED Single #(Win) (Placed by web)
    Football - College - Total - Match
    Maryland @ Florida International
    Under +56.0 (-105), Sep 09/16@7:30p (Win)
    Risked CA$ 262.50 to win CA$ 250.00

SETTLED Single #(Lose) (Placed by web)
    Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals
    Washington Nationals -1.5 (-145), Sep 09/16@7:05p (Lose)
    Risked CA$ 362.50 to win CA$ 250.00

Bonus Closed: $264.88 Unlocked$0.00

REL-BGSS_WON Rollover Complete: $52.75 Released to Cash$52.75

Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays
    Boston Red Sox -110, Sep 09/16@7:07p (Win)
    Risked CA$ 550.00 to win CA$ 500.00

REL-BGSS_WON Rollover Milestone: $100.00 Released to Cash$100.00

Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins
    Miami Marlins +130, Sep 09/16@7:10p (Win)
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 1000.00 to win CA$ 1300.00

REL-BGSS_LOST Rollover Milestone: $33.00 Released to Cash$33.00

Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins
    Miami Marlins -3.5 (-165), Sep 09/16@7:10p (Lose)
    Risked CA$ 330.00 to win CA$ 200.00

REL-BGSS__LOST Rollover Milestone: $38.75 Released to Cash$38.75

Cincinnati Reds @ Pittsburgh Pirates
    Pittsburgh Pirates -155, Sep 09/16@7:05p (Lose)
    NATIONAL LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 387.50 to win CA$ 250.00

REL-BGSS__WON Rollover Milestone: $25.50 Released to Cash$25.50

Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers
    Detroit Tigers -102, Sep 09/16@7:08p (Win)
    AMERICAN LEAGUE
    Risked CA$ 255.00 to win CA$ 250.00

Buffalo Nickle

Bust out on $300 bet. See #5

temple2010

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up cause they just made it seem that you cant even bet the bonus balance, and it gets released intead. I haven't played here in a while but this bonus seems on point.
    i just bet my entire balance ($250 cash and $250 bonus) on wake forest and they won - betting balance is $940 (cause of the juice)

TopNotch

Bust out on $300 bet. See #5
    I never busted out. Even when all these were pending I had plenty of balance in my account.

Buffalo Nickle

I never busted out. Even when all these were pending I had plenty of balance in my account.
    I'm assuming your bonus is pushed forward and all cash is pushed back. You cleared bonus #1 and busted out on your first bet bonus #2.

Buffalo Nickle

i just bet my entire balance ($250 cash and $250 bonus) on wake forest and they won - betting balance is $940 (cause of the juice)
    I guess they will let you access the whole balance on your first bet in hopes you will bust out straight away.

TopNotch

I'm assuming your bonus is pushed forward and all cash is pushed back. You cleared bonus #1 and busted out on your first bet bonus #2.
    I have a few of the 100% bonuses pending, there was several bets in a row where none of them counted towards any rollover. It doesn't make sense that these bets aren't counted towards any of the bonuses left in my account.

Buffalo Nickle

That's how it works.

TopNotch

So yesterday I did a bit of testing and it looks like bodog will only let you work towards clearing one bonus at a time. Any wagers made over and beyond the rollover for the bonus you're working on won't be applied to the next bonus in line.

For example, if you took advantage of the 100% bitcoin bonus 8 times, you would have 8 $250 bonuses in the account that need to be cleared. Each have a $2500 rollover. If you make $4000 in wagers right away, eve though in theory this should clear $400 in bonuses, it will only clear the first $250 in bonuses and it won't affect the next bonus In line. Only until the first bonus has cleared will new bets (as in placed after it has cleared) have an impact on the next one.

You're best to only have pending wagers in the amount needed to clear the first bonus in line. So if you have $50 left to clear in the first bonus, then having any wagers above and beyond the $500 pending won't have an impact on your other bonus amounts.

It's an odd way of doing things and obviously not player friendly, but at least I now know what it's doing.

Buffalo Nickle

So yesterday I did a bit of testing and it looks like bodog will only let you work towards clearing one bonus at a time. Any wagers made over and beyond the rollover for the bonus you're working on won't be applied to the next bonus in line.

For example, if you took advantage of the 100% bitcoin bonus 8 times, you would have 8 $250 bonuses in the account that need to be cleared. Each have a $2500 rollover. If you make $4000 in wagers right away, eve though in theory this should clear $400 in bonuses, it will only clear the first $250 in bonuses and it won't affect the next bonus In line. Only until the first bonus has cleared will new bets (as in placed after it has cleared) have an impact on the next one.

You're best to only have pending wagers in the amount needed to clear the first bonus in line. So if you have $50 left to clear in the first bonus, then having any wagers above and beyond the $500 pending won't have an impact on your other bonus amounts.

It's an odd way of doing things and obviously not player friendly, but at least I now know what it's doing.
    I don't think that is quite right. The additional bets would be applied to the next bonus. But you busted out 6x.

futbolmundial
    Update your status
    futbolmundial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Seems like a bait and switch to get deposits in. Never have I played at a shop with bonus rules and terms like these... To be fair I can't play at bovada due to them not accepting players from the state I reside in so there's no way for me to try this bonus out. Seems like I'm not missing out on anything after reading these complicated terms.

TopNotch

I don't think that is quite right. The additional bets would be applied to the next bonus. But you busted out 6x.
    It's the only way I've made sense of the bonus amounts being released. In the wagers I posted, a bonus was being released until 1 of the $250 bonuses was finished....after that none of the settled wagers were releasing any bonus. some of the pending bonuses still show a "lock amount", so we'll see if suddenly a whole chunk is released at once.....but for now that explanation is the only one that matches my wagers and the way the bonuses have been released

Buffalo Nickle

Lock amount has something to do with cashing out the bonus early. Bovada will let you cash out at any time. That is what the lock amount refers to.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27678

The rollover literally applies to the bonus only.

If you have $1000 balance plus $500 bonus and you bet all $1500 in multiple bets, all in play at one time, it only counts as $500 toward the rollover. Because you only bet the bonus one time.

Your first bets up to the full bonus amounts use the bonus funds.

If you bet the $500 bonus by itself and double it up, you now have $1000 bonus. The pending rollover decreases by $500.

If you bet the $500 bonus by itself and it loses, you have busted out. All rollover should be zeroed out.

Once you complete rollover the bonus amount is added to your balance.

Best strategy is to bet only the bonus amount until the rollover is zero, if you are concerned about every bet counting as rollover.
    Last edited by Krashman; 09-11-16 at 03:33 PM.

HedgeHog

One huge plus with Bovada is that the entire risk amount counts toward the bonus. If you bet $1000 to win $500 on the ML, $1000 counts toward RO. Most Books count the lesser of the two ($500).