rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Top U.S. books that DON'T limit - Betonline and Bookmaker

In my opinion, the top 4 U.S. books are 5dimes, heritage, betonline, and bookmaker. Of those four books, two of them seemingly limit winners, and two don't. I have been limited by both 5dimes and heritage to pretty much worthless levels. Meanwhile, I have not heard one single limit complaint with either betonline or bookmaker. Has anyone heard of either site limiting players? I'm asking because we have COUNTLESS complaints on 5dimes/heritage limiting players but have yet to hear a single one regarding the other two.

OUTCAST
    OUTCAST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1872

They will cut you off if you're on a winning streak.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by OUTCAST View Post
    They will cut you off if you're on a winning streak.
    I don't think any of these four cut you off for simply being on a winning streak. I have seen some of the dumbest people you'd ever meet go on 10 game winning streaks. Books with half a brain know that these players will give back their winnings plus more if they give them the chance. From my experience/what I have read, 5dimes and heritage eventually cut people off who know what they are doing. The other two do not.

OUTCAST

Whether you believe or not, I'm one of them.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Betonline will cut you off.

Bookmaker? Maybe not. I know DSI limit but that's got different ownership.

FrancescoDNYC
    FrancescoDNYC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

my brother is still waiting on a $8700 payout for betonline, stay far away theyre a bunch of scumbag penetrates. its been more than a month

Edit by SBR Admin: BetOnline management has no known outstanding withdrawals. There are also no complaints on file. Occasionally given certain processing methods there could be a banking issue; but there is no known complaint for this amount on file. Please have your brother write to SBR.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 05-07-14 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added reply

rangerz2478

From what book? And down to what limit? My limits on 5dimes are 100 and 50 on heritage. What did they limit you on?

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescoDNYC View Post
    my brother is still waiting on a $8700 payout for betonline, stay far away theyre a bunch of scumbag penetrates. its been more than a month
    I have been paid from betonline every single time. Sometimes there is a delay but they pay. Have not heard of a no-pay.

OUTCAST

On horses, cut off completely, but still allow to bet on sports.

rangerz2478

On horses, cut off completely, but still allow to bet on sports.
    Well, as a guy who doesn't wager horses I can't comment one way or another. If people have been cut off on SPORTS from either book, I'd love to hear it.

faststeady
    faststeady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7820

betonline limit by individual sport

you get a funny email from them when they do.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Betonline is a little more lenient with winners and yes at times it does take time to get paid but you'll get paid

Bookmaker is even more lenient with winners

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    In my opinion, the top 4 U.S. books are 5dimes, heritage, betonline, and bookmaker. Of those four books, two of them seemingly limit winners, and two don't. I have been limited by both 5dimes and heritage to pretty much worthless levels. Meanwhile, I have not heard one single limit complaint with either betonline or bookmaker. Has anyone heard of either site limiting players? I'm asking because we have COUNTLESS complaints on 5dimes/heritage limiting players but have yet to hear a single one regarding the other two.
    Hey Rangerz,
    I was goin to look for feedback from you on the other thread but What is your limit at Heritage and 5dimes for straight bets?

If you are looking for untouched limits on props, they don't exist including the 4 above.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Cris family will limit on stuff like alt lines, but even then its in the 500-1000 range. The $50 limit at dimes along with the 45 second delay is the kiss of death there.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Hey Rangerz,
    I was goin to look for feedback from you on the other thread but What is your limit at Heritage and 5dimes for straight bets?

If you are looking for untouched limits on props, they don't exist including the 4 above.
    5dimes cut me to 20% on all markets. So my limit on reduced straight bets is $100 when the regular limit is $500. Heritage cut me to 50 bucks on futures/props/ALL live betting.

I'm not looking for untouched limits on props. But I think it's ridiculous to cut someone's limit to the level heritage did.

Will check the other thread.

rangerz2478

People knock betonline, but I have won more off betonline than any other site. I have been ridiculously lucky on my plays through them compared to my other books and my limits are still fully in tact. Other books like 5dimes and heritage have cut me off for winning way, way less. I appreciate this from betonline and have nothing but respect for them in this regard.
    Last edited by rangerz2478; 05-07-14 at 10:45 PM.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescoDNYC View Post

Edit by SBR Admin: BetOnline management has no known outstanding withdrawals. There are also no complaints on file. Occasionally given certain processing methods there could be a banking issue; but there is no known complaint for this amount on file. Please have your brother write to SBR.
    Have to agree with the SBR comment on this one. I have always gotten paid from betonline. The few times there was a delay, they were able to modify the payment method to make sure I got it when needed. Had a couple times where I needed the money asap and they were able to help me out. If you have to call in regarding a payout issue, I recommend speaking to a supervisor. Used to deal with the regular agents (many of whom are clueless) and I learned to go straight to the supervisor.

HeeeHAWWWW

People knock betonline, but I have won more off betonline than any other site. I have been ridiculously lucky on my plays through them ....
    Books don't mind people being lucky, they mind people with an edge (ie those who are likely to beat them in future).

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Books don't mind people being lucky, they mind people with an edge (ie those who are likely to beat them in future).
    I'm fully aware of what you are saying, I said it in post 3.

I would assume betonline thinks along the same lines of the way heritage and 5dimes did when it comes to my account. I have been with them for many years now. I only brought up the lucky aspect to prove a point. I make the same kind of plays on all of my sites, I just have happened to win more with betonline. The difference is, they haven't cut me off like the other two did.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

What are the odds honestly that a book cuts people off? I mean how much of a tear do you have to go on, seriously? I don't think I'll ever be good enough to be cut off, but curious as to what it would take.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most players never get cut off although many claim to feel important

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    What are the odds honestly that a book cuts people off? I mean how much of a tear do you have to go on, seriously? I don't think I'll ever be good enough to be cut off, but curious as to what it would take.
    it depends on the book, but most places it's just a matter of having basic logic skills + not being totally broke, and that's enough to get you banned. heritage has a pretty quick hook, i don't know any winners that bet there. other places, you actually have to put in some effort, like at 5dimes tony will let some people stay even if they have a clue what they're doing, but if you win consistently for a long time then you're gone from there too.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Which one cut you off sir?

hurricane1091

How much money do you have to be wagering to get cut off? I'd imagine most people bet like me with $50 to $300 average on games. I could understand someone pounding $1,000 bets and murdering the book and getting cut off, but who the hell honestly bets like that? I feel like you would need to be winning a few thousand monthly for it to really go noticed.

HeeeHAWWWW

How much money do you have to be wagering to get cut off?
    That'll depend on the book's risk management setup. Some apparently trigger a manual review of every account that's up by a certain profit lifetime, some will use purely statistical methods (eg you are >X standard deviations above expectation, you're "noticed").

If the latter, it would depend on the book's bookmaking policies - a smart place would not mind taking small bets from a proven value player, it's a cheap way to improve your lines. So many European books don't do this type of bookmaking anymore though, they're just looking to manage their playerbase so they only take bets from coinflippers, and thus clean up on the juice.

hurricane1091

What do you mean a value player improving lines? I've started to be more serious about things and try to beat the lines now, even though it means wagering earlier than I expected. I didn't see value in doing it before but it's definitely there. IE I took Seattle Sounders at -174 and over -130 and both ended up going up 15 cents which is a big deal if you're betting a few units. I still don't understand though since sometimes you wait it out and beat the line that way. Seems like a guessing game to me.

HeeeHAWWWW

What do you mean a value player improving lines?
    The value player by definition is on the right side (on average!), so basically they react more to that bet than they do from money from non-sharps.

It's basically paying for information - this is how pinnacle's lines are so sharp. They call their bookmakers "traders", and almost think of themselves as an exchange.

hurricane1091

Ah, I see. I know this is going to seem surprising coming from someone who has been on here for a bit, but explain to me something real quick. I took Seattle at -174, and it goes up to -189. I was on the right side, obviously. Is it fair to assume money was going towards Seattle and hence the line went up? Common sense tells you yes, but for whatever reason I'll see people saying money is going on San Francisco 49ers for example when they were -4 and it goes down to -2.5, but common sense would tell me that money must be going on the 49ers opponent then. Do line indications like this play a part in betting really? I know people believe in it. I follow a soccer thread on here and people will see a team go from +300 to +150 and think it is a lock and take it despite value going wrong way since the line dropped so much.

rangerz2478

Ah, I see. I know this is going to seem surprising coming from someone who has been on here for a bit, but explain to me something real quick. I took Seattle at -174, and it goes up to -189. I was on the right side, obviously. Is it fair to assume money was going towards Seattle and hence the line went up? Common sense tells you yes, but for whatever reason I'll see people saying money is going on San Francisco 49ers for example when they were -4 and it goes down to -2.5, but common sense would tell me that money must be going on the 49ers opponent then. Do line indications like this play a part in betting really? I know people believe in it. I follow a soccer thread on here and people will see a team go from +300 to +150 and think it is a lock and take it despite value going wrong way since the line dropped so much.
    Just because the line went up does NOT mean it's the right (winning side) All it means was it was the right side at that PRICE. Lines move to change the price, they don't move to predict winners. That -174 may have been the right side at the price, but if it went over -200, then the other side would be the "right side" price wise. It's all relative, and you shouldn't be looking at line movement to predict winners or determine the "winning side."

rangerz2478

I used to believe they mattered and bet accordingly. I was young, and I have come to realize they are absolutely meaningless. Just get the best possible price you can, and don't let line movement effect your thought process. For every example of the +300 to +150 you gave that won, there are just as many that went that direction and lost. I have seen it both ways so many times. I can assure you this: the guy who sees that line movement and automatically assumes lock due to the movement, is not a winning player. GL winning long term getting the worst possible price assuming it's a sign from god he is telling you the winner.

HeeeHAWWWW

Ah, I see. I know this is going to seem surprising coming from someone who has been on here for a bit, but explain to me something real quick. I took Seattle at -174, and it goes up to -189. I was on the right side, obviously
    Possibly, but it's like anything else in gambling: one match really means nothing, ten matches means nothing, 100 even. Record how you do against price movements over 500 bets perhaps.

hurricane1091

Just because the line went up does NOT mean it's the right (winning side) All it means was it was the right side at that PRICE. Lines move to change the price, they don't move to predict winners. That -174 may have been the right side at the price, but if it went over -200, then the other side would be the "right side" price wise. It's all relative, and you shouldn't be looking at line movement to predict winners or determine the "winning side."
    By "right" I was not referring to winning side, even though it won. I was referring to beating the closing line. I agree with rangerz as well as not buying into line movements being indicators of what is to happen. However, I stay away from lines that seem to be too good to be true (Like Chicago -120 vs Wild, Chicago lost last game). I think the goal is just to try to beat the closing line more than anything to save you money in the long term. If a bettor misses a line and gets it 15 cents later when it rises and bets enough to win two units on it, and the bet loses, you've lose an extra .30 units for no reason. So I've just tried to do better in that regards.

rangerz2478

By "right" I was not referring to winning side, even though it won. I was referring to beating the closing line. I agree with rangerz as well as not buying into line movements being indicators of what is to happen. However, I stay away from lines that seem to be too good to be true (Like Chicago -120 vs Wild, Chicago lost last game). I think the goal is just to try to beat the closing line more than anything to save you money in the long term. If a bettor misses a line and gets it 15 cents later when it rises and bets enough to win two units on it, and the bet loses, you've lose an extra .30 units for no reason. So I've just tried to do better in that regards.
    Ah ok then if we are talking about beating the line, we are definitely on the same page. For example, yesterday I got Bridgewater +200 to go in the first round. Currently sitting at -150 first round. Sure as hell doesn't mean it's going to win, but +200 was obviously the "right side" in the way we are discussing. Obviously props like this are an extreme example as regular game lines don't move like this, but the same general theory applies.

hurricane1091

Ah ok then if we are talking about beating the line, we are definitely on the same page. For example, yesterday I got Bridgewater +200 to go in the first round. Currently sitting at -150 first round. Sure as hell doesn't mean it's going to win, but +200 was obviously the "right side" in the way we are discussing. Obviously props like this are an extreme example as regular game lines don't move like this, but the same general theory applies.
    That's being on the right side for sure. And if you win you were sharp as hell getting +200 while others pay the -150 price. Football bettors seem to love line movements the most. I'm not very good at betting football, the books do a good job with their lines, but people always claim "late smart/sharp money coming in on XYZ side". And lines can change pretty drastically too. In hockey a line can move $50 in a direction depending on goalies being announced, scratches, etc. I've seen as much as $80 movements which is a huge deal. Soccer moves a bit too. NFL does not move as much but the spreads are huge. Getting -2.5 before it goes to -3.5 is obviously huge.

rangerz2478

That's being on the right side for sure. And if you win you were sharp as hell getting +200 while others pay the -150 price. Football bettors seem to love line movements the most. I'm not very good at betting football, the books do a good job with their lines, but people always claim "late smart/sharp money coming in on XYZ side".
    A lot of people like to comment on line movements to make themselves seem smarter than they really are. That guy who says "bet team X because of the line movement" will pound his chest and act like a genius when he wins a 50-50 bet, but will be nowhere to be found when that same example loses. Heehaww said it well, these movements are like anything else in gambling. Some win, and some lose.

Btw, if you are a big soccer bettor I would check the lines on betfair. I imagine you are in the U.S. with no access to betfair (as am I) but they are the best site to use to get a leg up on the market. Betfair is the true market on these soccer matches, and U.S. books move accordingly.

12 Last