bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

Grading error in my favor, how to proceed...

So I just read 10-15 threads about grading errors, and not suprisingly they were pretty much all about fixing winning wagers that were graded as losses.

So what is the proper protocol for dealing with a losing wager that was graded as a win? Do you guys just keep your mouth shut and play dumb?

To (potentially) make matters worse this error occured over a week ago, and I had my whole bankroll in play last weekend, so I was technically wagering with money that I didn't have. Is this more reason to not say anything?

Anyway I'm really looking for what most people would do, and what the book expects us to do...

pacattack81
    pacattack81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    So I just read 10-15 threads about grading errors, and not suprisingly they were pretty much all about fixing winning wagers that were graded as losses.

So what is the proper protocol for dealing with a losing wager that was graded as a win? Do you guys just keep your mouth shut and play dumb?

To (potentially) make matters worse this error occured over a week ago, and I had my whole bankroll in play last weekend, so I was technically wagering with money that I didn't have. Is this more reason to not say anything?

Anyway I'm really looking for what most people would do, and what the book expects us to do...
    lol...that's a good one...talk about putting honesty to the test...wonder how often this happens...

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Who is the book in question?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Very interesting situation.....Personally, I would let the book know, but to each their own of course. Guess I just have always worried if any reprecussions come back on me if the book catches the error. However, your situation is complicated by the fact that like you said, you have put funds in play that you technically did not have. That's a pretty serious wrench.

Also depends on the book. If it's a book that is a mainstay in your rotation, again I would side in being honest about it. However, if for some reason it's some shady book with questionable actions in the past, then light 'em up and keep the funds (though retrieving them from that type of book may be a tad more difficult).

I will add that years ago Bowmans did a misgrade in my favour. When I brought it to their attention, they allowed me to keep the winnings and gave me a sizeable free-play in addition. The exception to the rule though, as the other times it has happened I recieved a polite "thank you", but nothing as extravagant as Bowmans' response.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Karma says let them know.

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    Who is the book in question?
    The name isn't relevant, their C- rating might be.

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    Karma says let them know.
    Not really worried about karma per se. I would probably tell them about the error if I wasn't worried they would screw me by confiscating $$ won since the bet.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20537

This is not as uncommon an issue as you may think.

I believe you should treat bookies as you would expect to be treated yourself.

I have advised a couple of bookies when they've made an error in my favour. One, despite two emails from me just didn't seem to want to know about it

But if I have been subjected to shabby treatment in the past, including a bookie not even bothering to discuss issues with me I don't bother telling them about it. That's karma?

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Honesty is the best policy. Paddy power about a year ago graded a bet incorrectly in my favour. I contacted them and they thanked me for my honesty and allowed me to keep the winnings.

Think about it, when making future wagers with this book, you will not have a leg to stand on if you win a bit and find your balance removed. After all, you publically stated here that the book graded the wager incorrectly. You're best off been honest rather than betting with money with the book that you don't have, you may win big and regret it.

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7644

C- book, one option is to request a withdrawl of your funds there now.

Cut your ties with this book and get in better books.

Plus you won't have to worry in the future about the misgrading you had and whether it will come back to hurt your balance and the plays you're making. Find out now if you're gonna get paid. You're playing with scared money there.