clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Bring back the service plays forum.

I would really like to see Sbr bring back the service plays forum.

There was a lot of benefit for Sbr members to see the picks from touts.

I have spoken to several Sbr members that no longer access Sbr because the service plays forum was removed.

Please return the service plays forum.

Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pcbaseball, THE HITMAN, and chitowncraig

zabelm
    zabelm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

I would like to see SBR bring back the service plays forum as well. I used to check the SBR service plays daily. Now since they discontinued the service plays forum. I'm rarely on SBR.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

The new owners do not wish to be seen to be promoting the scamming tout industry in any way. And do not want to deal with the legal threats from them either.

That section was very popular and bought many new users to the forum as well, so the decision was not taken lightly and I do not think it will ever be changed.
    Last edited by Optional; 12-12-22 at 04:06 PM.

clockwise1965

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The new owners do wish to be seen to be promoting the scamming tout industry in any way. And do not want to deal with the legal threats from them either.

That section was very popular and bought many new users to the forum as well, so the decision was not taken lightly and I do not think it will ever be changed.
    Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to hear the service plays forum will not return.

Mike1029
    Mike1029's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

I'm surprised SBR no longer has the service plays forum. I thought it was the most visited thread? The service plays forum was my favorite forum at SBR.. Best of luck to all. I'm signing off SBR for good.

Thanks SBR
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rob7168

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

To Hell with what the new owners think.............This site has seen it's share of backwards decisions aplenty since the takeover.
    Bring back the Service Plays Forum.

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

Flip coins and you can have your OWN mortal lock of the century!!!!

zabelm

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The new owners do wish to be seen to be promoting the scamming tout industry in any way. And do not want to deal with the legal threats from them either.

I think it is a poor business decision by the new ownership to discontinue the service plays thread. The threat of legal action by any handicapping service for having their sports picks posted on SBR simply has no merit unless the touts write ups for picks are being posted along with the picks.

The traffic generated by the service plays forum far outweighs any threat of legal action by some tout.

This will be my final SBR post. I loved SBR but the forums now have little to no value in my personal option.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dymd3z

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

If the only reason you visited was to find free tout plays, and continued using the site that way even after you learned that touts are all scammers, then both SBR and yourself are probably both better off if you do leave zabelm.

The only honorable reason I can see to promote touts is to attract people to help educate them to avoid touts.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Am I able to make a thread making fun of "tout scammers"? I am highly entertained by how bad these touts are.

clockwise1965

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Am I able to make a thread making fun of "tout scammers"? I am highly entertained by how bad these touts are.
    I use to love your fade Lange thread that was posted in the service plays forum. It was very entertaining and had a big following.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    I use to love your fade Lange thread that was posted in the service plays forum. It was very entertaining and had a big following.
    The funny thing is now I've turned into some sort of villain across the street because occasionally I was posting what I liked and then what Lang was doing on his horrible podcast on BLEAV with Kordell Stewart picking games too, and a host called Joe Ceraulo. Then they claim I can't pick games, which was funny, since I have a history of many winning threads here - most recently NFL picks, props and World Cup. I got Lang's pick a lot historically and now I've turned into some sort of villain like Lang! Haha, so stupid and funny, typical of the internet.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

decapitator

$4nothing
    $4nothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1487

Not all are bad...

Can name a few services doing/done quite well. CMall didn't give a rat's azz who wanted or didn't want their plays posted. Maybe why shut down, or whatever. Did their regulars wrong by not even waving "Bye, Bye." Granted, was caught once & lost subscription, but even the good touts let it slide. Teddy C is NOT one of those.
    No service forum: No need for being here.

clockwise1965

Quote Originally Posted by $4nothing View Post
    Can name a few services doing/done quite well. CMall didn't give a rat's azz who wanted or didn't want their plays posted. Maybe why shut down, or whatever. Did their regulars wrong by not even waving "Bye, Bye." Granted, was caught once & lost subscription, but even the good touts let it slide. Teddy C is NOT one of those.
    No service forum: No need for being here.
    I rarely come to the forum since the service plays forum was discontinued.

I used to really enjoy SBR. The banter between members, what tout has what pick and some of the other fun going on in the service plays forum.

Its too bad..

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Old thread but I have to agree, only reason why I come here is to see the service play forum and to see all the back and forth between everyone and all the fun.. no reason to visit now. C ya SBR
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: $4nothing

zabelm

Quote Originally Posted by dymd3z View Post
    Old thread but I have to agree, only reason why I come here is to see the service play forum and to see all the back and forth between everyone and all the fun.. no reason to visit now. C ya SBR
    100%!!

Sad to see there is no service plays thread. There is no such thing as bad website traffic. The service plays thread was extremely popular, especially during the football season. IMO: a huge mistake by SBR.

Watergate
    Watergate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5388

What?!?! No service plays? That's too bad.

Mods please don't say SBR wanted to limit the legal liability from touts for posting that particular touts picks. There is no legal president for a third party poster like a SBR member to post picks too a forum. The only legality is if that SBR poster copied and posted a proprietary write up on a particular game.

I still love SBR but the Service plays was my favorite thread at SBR.

Best of luck.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rob7168