Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9278

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    i dont care how they treat them verbally as long as they dont attack them physically or censor their speech.
    Me either really.

But the more polarized the people become the more justified corporations will feel to moderate like Twitter was. And the more pressure on them to do it too.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17084

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Me either really.

But the more polarized the people become the more justified corporations will feel to moderate like Twitter was. And the more pressure on them to do it too.
    i dont think it matters because most ppl dont like free speech and only say they do because they were told so in school. its easy for the government to manipulate the public to be against free speech as long as they dont outright say what they are doing. they just say it is disinfo or russian propaganda like somehow free speech doesnt apply to lying or foreigners.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Yeah imagine that. I can’t find common ground with people who make excuses for a guy who was out of jail a month after 7 years and was already committing crimes. These penetrating Twitter assholes don’t even bother to get the story.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9278

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Yeah imagine that. I can’t find common ground with people who make excuses for a guy who was out of jail a month after 7 years and was already committing crimes. These penetrating Twitter assholes don’t even bother to get the story.
    Don't need to find common ground. Just acceptance that people are allowed to be wrong, ill-informed or just have opposite opinions to what we might think is the only same response.

It can be hard to do sometimes. But reality is that ignoring those opinions will actually undermine their power much more than arguing or avoiding the platform totally.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He did go for the extra stand over kill shot that was unnecessary and reached into his pockets after he was dead to retrieve all stolen funds and then left the scene.. Not the brightest move by the hero.

This could be problematic if it ever goes to trial.
    he took the money the perp stole from others thats not a hero in my book thats a p o s .......... i would have gave it back to customers who got robbed

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    he took the money the perp stole from others thats not a hero in my book thats a p o s .......... i would have gave it back to customers who got robbed
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...1-4c584738e0fa

The shooter collected the stolen money from the robber and returned it to the other patrons, police said. Then the rest of the people in the restaurant left the scene before the police arrived.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Happened in Oklahoma years ago. Guy robs a pharmacy, pharmacist shoots and kills him, but shoots him after he was no longer a threat.

Now pharmacist is serving a life sentence, and it wasn't nearly as bad as this one.

He'll get life in prison, unfortunately.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    The last few shots were necessary...this took place in Texas where every law enforcement person will tell you, if you pull a gun, shoot to kill. Injured perps can sue.

Cops will not arrest him nor will he be charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I have a feeling that that final shot to the dome (as he was standing over his most likely dead body) might get him in trouble.
    Didn't even hear about this situation until I clicked on this thread. At first I thought it was rather odd to unload an entire clip in the dude. But, watching it several times... your adrenaline is high... your life is on the line... you shoot to kill. The last shot to the skull or head area... he was still breathing... and again... you honestly don't know if the robber had a gun or another weapon in his hand. I sure as hell ain't going to wait to see if he can move to try and kill me. Again... it's all adrenaline and he shouldn't be in trouble for an extra shot. Listen... it's your life or his life regardless of how many bullets are in the dude.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Happened in Oklahoma years ago. Guy robs a pharmacy, pharmacist shoots and kills him, but shoots him after he was no longer a threat.

Now pharmacist is serving a life sentence, and it wasn't nearly as bad as this one.

He'll get life in prison, unfortunately.
    To calculate a threat... and what's excessive or not... he was not only saving his life... but also protecting others in the building. I love how people can sit there and say... well... he was taken it out on the guy... extra bullets... the shooter was having a bad day. LOL REALLY???

To say when the robber was walking around... he was a 100% threat... does 3 bullets make the robber only a 40% threat now?? So if it's only a 40% threat... bullets aren't necessarily anymore? lol F the jury is they can distinguish what a TRUE THREAT is at that given time.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

He won’t do any jail time. Threat eliminated.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    that's what he did, dumbass.......

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    To calculate a threat... and what's excessive or not... he was not only saving his life... but also protecting others in the building. I love how people can sit there and say... well... he was taken it out on the guy... extra bullets... the shooter was having a bad day. LOL REALLY???

To say when the robber was walking around... he was a 100% threat... does 3 bullets make the robber only a 40% threat now?? So if it's only a 40% threat... bullets aren't necessarily anymore? lol F the jury is they can distinguish what a TRUE THREAT is at that given time.
    true, generally shoot until thread is eliminated when killing armed people..... don't wanna get shot by the lowlife as he's dying...... finish him for sure.....

First 123