katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trivia malfunction?

Middle infield question on baseball. Trivia offered of 4 options 2 obvious wrong but also Catcher and 2nd base. 2nd base is the correct answer, but i believe also Catcher. When a team is "strong up the middle" on defense, people are talking abt Catcher, short, second and centerfield. It could even include the pitcher in the case of a Greg Maddox.

I chose Catcher to see what was up with this question. Marked as wrong. I cry foul and ask for another attempt today. Catcher is also correct answer.

Edit: Is there any way to remove my Medal? I am a humble guy and seek no badges of honor. it also clutters up the bottom of my posts. thnx

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have already complained here is what happened to me last night than I had around 8 seconds to answer...

Apparently my time was cut short by an sbr glitch not my virus protection...

Originally Posted by G's pks
    Something seemed wrong with my computer screen was flickering guess it was my virus protection...limited my time to answerI had a trick question also for the first one... was who went to uconn and became a basketball analyst... well both Donny marshall and donyell marshall were listed...both went to ucon and both were analysts...the trick in the question came because Donyell worked for the 76ers and donny with the celtics...they wanted the celtics...was completely a trick question and put their names together...was this a fair 10 pt question???? I answered donyell remembering he did both...but it was donny with celts...come on seriously on a 10pt question???

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Middle infield question on baseball. Trivia offered of 4 options 2 obvious wrong but also Catcher and 2nd base. 2nd base is the correct answer, but i believe also Catcher. When a team is "strong up the middle" on defense, people are talking abt Catcher, short, second and centerfield. It could even include the pitcher in the case of a Greg Maddox.

I chose Catcher to see what was up with this question. Marked as wrong. I cry foul and ask for another attempt today. Catcher is also correct answer.
    I disagree with you here. If the question said "middle infield" , that is different than just"middle", as you you use it in 'strong up the middle'. Catcher is not an infielder, it is part of the battery. Your logic would make centerfield correct also.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I agree with HH here.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Kats,
    Seems like a tricky one but what the guys are saying makes sense right? Curious, what level Q was it?

Badges are automatic so you are still humble...at least as humble as you were before badges. We may change the size and format up down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    I have already complained here is what happened to me last night than I had around 8 seconds to answer...

Apparently my time was cut short by an sbr glitch not my virus protection...

Originally Posted by G's pks
    Something seemed wrong with my computer screen was flickering guess it was my virus protection...limited my time to answerI had a trick question also for the first one... was who went to uconn and became a basketball analyst... well both Donny marshall and donyell marshall were listed...both went to ucon and both were analysts...the trick in the question came because Donyell worked for the 76ers and donny with the celtics...they wanted the celtics...was completely a trick question and put their names together...was this a fair 10 pt question???? I answered donyell remembering he did both...but it was donny with celts...come on seriously on a 10pt question???
    Mixing the Marshals is not cool at 10 points. We'll set you up for another G. But, in defense of the trivia author, the Q was "What UConn Huskies player went on to become a studio basketball analyst for the Boston Celtics?"

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

guys who bitch about Trivia questions need to examine their lives

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Kats,
    Seems like a tricky one but what the guys are saying makes sense right? Curious, what level Q was it?

Badges are automatic so you are still humble...at least as humble as you were before badges. We may change the size and format up down the line.

Mixing the Marshals is not cool at 10 points. We'll set you up for another G. But, in defense of the trivia author, the Q was "What UConn Huskies player went on to become a studio basketball analyst for the Boston Celtics?"
    Thanks and i got the one today with the full time right...a tough one again homers by Mcguire in 1996...but got it...

And thanks for taking care of me Bill...it was just tricky yesterday and with limited time had trouble with a drop down box and a glitch...not sure still if sbr related or not had about 8 seconds to read and answer...but all is well thanks again... I saw ucon and analyst in the 8 seconds and knew donyell went to uconn and was an analyst with the 76ers so it was a tough one...did not have the time to see the rest..

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

I think you are referring to "up the middle"defense and not "middle infield" defense.
    The up the middle includes the catcher and center field.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Kats,

I believe it was first question. I could post many observations which would say that a catcher is an infielder. If a catcher is an infielder then I am right.

Edit: Of course, not really upset, just mixing it up. lol
    Last edited by katstale; 03-03-11 at 09:50 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I don't think this was a trivia malfunction. Ambiguous question maybe but definitely not trivia malfunction.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    I believe it was first question. I could post many observations which would say that a catcher is an infielder. If a catcher is an infielder then I am right. Edit: Of course, not really upset, just mixing it up. lol
    Katstale,

Which of these baseball positions is located in the middle infield?

* Catcher
    * Third Base
    * Left Field
    * Second Base

I've reset your trivia. Reading the Q, pitcher jumped out at me, but when it wasn't listed I might have opted for second base. Either way, probably not a good 10-pointer.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Back when I played teeball and the coach said what infield position do you want to play, I'd say 3rd, 1st, 2nd or shortstop. Pitcher and catcher I have never heard of as infielders.