jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    he is 48 take 20 off that would be 28, you don't think a 28 year old could be a good fighter
    a green 28 year old has no future.

he starts getting legit fights in what.. 3 years?

title contenders in what... another 3 years?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Cain won the belt 4 years after starting up MMA

Herschel would have been amazing starting at 28,32, even 34. Starting at 47, not so much

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

He might do well if it was a WWE match up. Other than that he'll beat a couple of cans and move on. There's a reason he hasn't fought anyone even remotely decent.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    a green 28 year old has no future.

he starts getting legit fights in what.. 3 years?

title contenders in what... another 3 years?
    Brock Lesnar?

I don't know if he was even green maybe he was closer to pink when he started.

jin2daj

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Cain won the belt 4 years after starting up MMA

Herschel would have been amazing starting at 28,32, even 34. Starting at 47, not so much
    cain had TEN years of wrestling before that.

jin2daj

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Brock Lesnar?

I don't know if he was even green maybe he was closer to pink when he started.
    omg you too?! brock wrestled for 2 years in middle school, 4 years in high school and 5 years in college!

also brock is a giant. is walker a giant who outweighs all opponents by 30+ pounds?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Overeem destroys all!!!!

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This post needs video

Poppa Catfish

cain had TEN years of wrestling before that.
    Excellent point. I concede, you are certainly right High School wrestling certainly surpasses Collegiate and Professional football training.

Well done

Poppa Catfish

omg you too?! brock wrestled for 2 years in middle school, 4 years in high school and 5 years in college!

also brock is a giant. is walker a giant who outweighs all opponents by 30+ pounds?
    Even better point. Grade School wrestling > professional football training. Only a fraction of 1% can make it into Middle School wrestling, but any old athlete can make his way onto an NFL team.

If only Matt Mitrione had gone to a 7th grade wrestling meet, imagine what kind of prowess he would have! He would be off the charts good. Or maybe if he got a yellow belt in karate as a 9 year old, that would have been sweet.

Brock might be a giant, but Herschel has unmatched athleticism. We haven't seen an athlete like Herschel in his prime in MMA. Closest we have seen is Randleman on roids.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 01-31-11 at 04:00 AM.

jin2daj

Excellent point. I concede, you are certainly right High School wrestling certainly surpasses Collegiate and Professional football training.

Well done
    i never said that.

you're also skirting the issue. i attacked your point that cain did not become champ after only 4 years of training. you came back attacked middle school wrestling. come on now.

high school wrestling in my opinion is a legit. joe stevenson, kurt pellegrino, diego sanchez all attribute wrestling foundations to high school wrestling. (all 3 were state champs) and you can see it in their GnP style.

im only pointing out that cain and brock are not green. mentioning middle school only points to the fact that they were training long before others.

and in my opinion brock's athleticiscm outmatches walker's. though thats not really disputable.

in any case, why so sarcastic? im trying to have a real discussion here where i think you're wrong and you're getting all angry and offensive.
    Last edited by jin2daj; 01-31-11 at 01:35 PM.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

is it true he only eats one salad a day?

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

and jus for the record a high school wrestler would indeed beat a college football player

jin2daj

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    and jus for the record a high school wrestler would indeed beat a college football player
    thank you!

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

as good as he has looked against grocery store clerks, i dont think he could ever do well in the ufc. if he was 28, maybe.

Poppa Catfish

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Hershall Walker would literally get killed by top competiton. They throwing him out there to fight nobodies. Only a fool would think he even had a chance against a legit fighter. It would be like watching George Foreman knock out some other 50 year old and then wonder how he would fare against the best.

SportSharpener
    SportSharpener's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Next for Herschel should be a past his prime big name with little talent. It would be a big draw if they could get a Severn, a Frye, or someone of that nature to take a fight.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

brock would beat him because he is so much bigger,Herschel should be fighting at light heavy.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

its herschel's lack of wrestling experience that would make him lose to brock, not brock's size. The smaller Cain destroyed brock last time i checked.

KneebarYaMotha
    KneebarYaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!

In a fight? It depends on who they are.

rocky502
    rocky502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Let's not get crazy on this Walker thing. The guy is a freak, an unbelievable athlete, and has a good head on his shoulders. Even he knows he will never be an elite fighter. He is doing this because he enjoys it and likes the competition. He is, and always will be just a novelty fighter, kind of like how they used Kimbo Slice. Isn't Tank Abbott about the perfect guy to come out and take a beating from Walker? So congrats Herschel, you look awesome for a 48 year old, but let's not start mentioning him with the likes of hall of famers and champions.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha bit vague Raider! Beat him at what...an arm-wrestle? Chess? Tennis match?

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    spandex fashion show?

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Isn't it though?

Well I wrestled a year in middle school and 4 in high school, and I have access to Mr Walker, so I'm going to challenge him to all of the above. I'll check in later to tell you how it all went.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    spandex fashion show?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Isn't it though?

Well I wrestled a year in middle school and 4 in high school, and I have access to Mr Walker, so I'm going to challenge him to all of the above. I'll check in later to tell you how it all went.
    While ur at it can we get Boris involved...triple-threat exhibition match?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Isn't it though?

is Kyle Kingsbury still over at AKA? any insight into his training recently?

I like him against Romero but gonna wait to see if the odds improve.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    is Kyle Kingsbury still over at AKA? any insight into his training recently?

I like him against Romero but gonna wait to see if the odds improve.
    For all I know he went back to powermma to work with Bader, which makes a lot of sense given the wrestling pedigree of his next opponent. Sadly I'm not much help as I've been attending the gym rarely for the past month, and helping out my sister's bf who is contemplating joining the amateur circuit.

and by helping out I mean being a live body to kick around

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

he will win a few thats for sure

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no doubt that Walker is an outstanding athlete and very fun to watch because he is Herschel Walker and doing great, but if you through him in with the best of the heavy weights in the UFC you're probebly going to be disapointed, It would be great to see him in some UFC fights though! He catches on to things soooo fast it seems like, shouldnt take him long

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

He would get smoked. Easily.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes too raw not to old... time for him to fight somebody who will hit him back enough with these cans

First 12