Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

How important was Lebron to Cavs?

This is unreal, I've never seen a team fall so hard and so fast. He must have been the whole team. They are nothing now, shitty record, can't even cover DD spreads, shitty ATS record. That town must be furious.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

30+ wins better with him.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Masu you had to bring this up didn't you... all I can say is hopefully we'll get the first pick this year.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Looks like LeBitch is worth about 15 points to Vegas (quite a lot for 1 player IMO)

Games where the Cavs are DD underdogs this year they were 5 point faves last year against those teams

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

He's not the only impact player. The Raps are close to a lottery team without Bosh. The NBA is like this.

Masu485

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    He's not the only impact player. The Raps are close to a lottery team without Bosh. The NBA is like this.
    I miss when a couple of years ago every team had ONE star who was the face of the team.

Cavs had Lebron, Philly had Iverson, Denver with Melo, Kings had K-Mart, Miami had Wade, NJ had Carter etc...

Nowadays the talent is more contained. Orlando and Miami are two examples.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

cavs might not get 20 wins if they keep this up

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    I miss when a couple of years ago every team had ONE star who was the face of the team.

Cavs had Lebron, Philly had Iverson, Denver with Melo, Kings had K-Mart, Miami had Wade, NJ had Carter etc...

Nowadays the talent is more contained. Orlando and Miami are two examples.
    Orlando? LOL What a horrible example to prove you point. The Lakers, Celtics, Spurs would have been better examples. Anyways, better ratings when large market teams have a lot of talent. Just the way it is.

Gumdog
    Gumdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

the raps werent much better last yr anyway

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

meant nothing- they won nothing with him and will win nothing without him.

Masu485

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Orlando? LOL What a horrible example to prove you point. The Lakers, Celtics, Spurs would have been better examples. Anyways, better ratings when large market teams have a lot of talent. Just the way it is.
    I meant Boston with the whole Big 3 thing, FUKK!

CAPP3D OUT
    CAPP3D OUT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    meant nothing- they won nothing with him and will win nothing without him.
    Right Cleveland is cursed trust me i live here i know

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well James is best player in NBA

So of course it means a lot

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Very important it just shows how one person can affect a whole team and franchise

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

It has nothing to do with LeBron. When you have a 1A and 1B as your top scoring option --- and their names are Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison, you are not going to be good. JJ Hicks, Daniel Gibson and Varejao are next.

The Bulls won 55 games the year Jordan retired. If the Cavs had that kind of talent, they would win 50 games, as well.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    This is unreal, I've never seen a team fall so hard and so fast. He must have been the whole team. They are nothing now, shitty record, can't even cover DD spreads, shitty ATS record. That town must be furious.
    How did you not know Lebron leaving would kill the Cavs.

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    It has nothing to do with LeBron. When you have a 1A and 1B as your top scoring option --- and their names are Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison, you are not going to be good. JJ Hicks, Daniel Gibson and Varejao are next.

The Bulls won 55 games the year Jordan retired. If the Cavs had that kind of talent, they would win 50 games, as well.
    Explain how that has nothing to do with Lebron? The same team + Lebron and a worse coach won 60+ games each of the past two seasons, yet this team without him will struggle to get 20.

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

The team was built around Lebron and with him gone there is no gameplan. Now with Varejao out for the season they will just get worse, they will not be able to salvage this season but maybe they will make some smart moves in the offseason and have a chance to be a ok team next year.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

The Cavs lost more than Lebron. Everybody who could get out, got out. Yes but a lot of teams are 1 man down, whole team screwed. Look at the Mavs. They lose Dirk and now even the Craptors can beat them. LOL!

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    The Cavs lost more than Lebron. Everybody who could get out, got out. Yes but a lot of teams are 1 man down, whole team screwed. Look at the Mavs. They lose Dirk and now even the Craptors can beat them. LOL!
    Meaning who? Shaq and Z? I don't think that's the cause of the Cavs current struggles.

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    Explain how that has nothing to do with Lebron? The same team + Lebron and a worse coach won 60+ games each of the past two seasons, yet this team without him will struggle to get 20.
    Again, their best options on offense are Mo Williams/Antawn Jamison, JJ Hickson/Gibson, Varejao. Are you kidding me?

It's a one point game with a minute to go, and Byron Scott has to draw up a play for... Mo Williams? GTFO

They don't "need LeBron", they just need a guy who can score 25+ ppg. A legit #1 option.

TheThreeKings

Again, their best options on offense are Mo Williams/Antawn Jamison, JJ Hickson/Gibson, Varejao. Are you kidding me?

It's a one point game with a minute to go, and Byron Scott has to draw up a play for... Mo Williams? GTFO

They don't "need LeBron", they just need a guy who can score 25+ ppg. A legit #1 option.
    I still don't understand your point. Do you think there's another star in the league who could carry that team to 60+ wins? Their atrocious performance this year only emphasizes how important Lebron was to this team.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

not just lebron, they also lost their big man

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    Meh, Bosh only made the playoffs 2 out of the 7 seasons he was in Toronto. No big deal with him gone. Not a huge difference between missing the playoffs or losing in the 1st round anyways.

iQon

I really shouldn't have to say that 3 times. Get LeBron's dick out of your mouth.

Put Wade, Dirk, Durant, Stoudemire, Rose, Kobe, Melo... Hell even put a guy like Granger, Love, Dwight, or Gasol on that team to put up 20 a night, and they win 45 games. It has nothing to do with LeBron, other than his ability to hang 30 a night. You are not going to win games depending on Williams and Jamison in the 4th quarter. Prime example, tonight...

TheThreeKings

I really shouldn't have to say that 3 times. Get LeBron's dick out of your mouth.

Put Wade, Dirk, Durant, Stoudemire, Rose, Kobe, Melo... Hell even put a guy like Granger, Love, Dwight, or Gasol on that team to put up 20 a night, and they win 45 games. It has nothing to do with LeBron, other than his ability to hang 30 a night. You are not going to win games depending on Williams and Jamison in the 4th quarter. Prime example, tonight...
    You don't get it. Sure, another star could get them to 45 wins. No one besides Lebron could take that bunch to 60+ wins.

Last year this team won 61 games. This year they are on pace to win less than 20. The only difference is Lebron is gone. There is not another player in the NBA worth 40+ wins by himself. Don't be a hater.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Lebron was Cleveland. Period. Check 2002 and now 2010. They are right back where they were before Lebron got drafted.

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Keep it mind it wasn't just losing their best player, it was losing their style of play.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

I thought the cavs wouldn't be so bad with their new additions.

Jamison is seriously talented

yassen28
    yassen28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15848

Cleveland need more than a big man and 25+ per night to be a contender .