d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    My average bet is between 100-250. Just tons and tons of action. Yes, when I go on runs I always feel like its never enough and my problem is I want to pay off all my debts with my winnings in 1 24 hour session
    You got a problem, man.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

My average bet is between 100-250. Just tons and tons of action. Yes, when I go on runs I always feel like its never enough and my problem is I want to pay off all my debts with my winnings in 1 24 hour session
    Gambling is a mindset. Tons of action is not a winning formula.
    if it is what you enjoy, it’s entertainment. If you can afford it, than it is your choice.
    You have to understand that your pattern will never work. That’s the truth.

I was lucky. I bet a lot of games a long time ago. Action. But personally, over time I hated to lose. I gravitated towards taking my best shot at winning at anything I do. And it worked.
    Looking for an edge became the obsession. That changes gambling habits. In Short time, you start to see games, spreads,etc. from a different perspective.

Hopefully that can work for you. When those bills are all paid and you still enjoy wagering because you are creating a profit , in all probability a small one, you see not only that small profit but you see what you have NOT lost. THAT is how much you are really winning . Not only what you might be up but all you are NOT down.

I hope you can try it and it works for you. There is more than one way to pay all those bills. It starts with not losing.

Hope that helps WOJ.
    I sincerely wish you the best.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    if it is what you enjoy, it’s entertainment. If you can afford it, than it is your choice.

I was lucky. I bet a lot of games a long time ago. Action. But personally, over time I hated to lose. I gravitated towards taking my best shot at winning at anything I do. And it worked.
    Looking for an edge became the obsession. That changes gambling habits. In Short time, you start to see games, spreads,etc. from a different perspective.

Hopefully that can work for you. When those bills are all paid and you still enjoy wagering because you are creating a profit , in all probability a small one, you see not only that small profit but you see what you have NOT lost. THAT is how much you are really winning . Not only what you might be up but all you are NOT down.

I hope you can try it and it works for you. There is more than one way to pay all those bills. It starts with not losing.

Hope that helps WOJ.
    I sincerely wish you the best.
    It is if you have an edge. The more the better. The edge might not play out with very little action. If you have tons of actually, it definitely will. And if you don't have an edge, you'll see that as well. That's why I told him to check his lifetime. If he's in the thousands of wagers and he's down, then he's not betting with an edge and nothing is going to change. Either quit or figure out how to be better.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It is if you have an edge. The more the better. The edge might not play out with very little action. If you have tons of actually, it definitely will. And if you don't have an edge, you'll see that as well. That's why I told him to check his lifetime. If he's in the thousands of wagers and he's down, then he's not betting with an edge and nothing is going to change. Either quit or figure out how to be better.
    As a stand alone , I agree . But he obviously does not have an edge.
    that is why I said what I said.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    5k in a day is nothing. I'm already above that right now.
    There is a night and day difference between calculation and compulsion.

There is no scenario where it is fine to wing it on 30+ plays a night without an edge.

It’s not working and his compulsion needs to swing to calculation to have any chance.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

As a stand alone , I agree . But he obviously does not have an edge.
    that is why I said what I said.
    Well that's true. Without an edge, you want to be very selective to have a smaller sample to "get lucky".

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3515

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Responsible Gambling guidelines mean any US licensed book you say things like "I am broke", "I need this money to pay bills", "I need this withdraw today to pay for my dieing mother's medical expenses" are required to investigate or suspend your account.

Well you might end up with a suspended account then too if you "milk them" by crying poor.

They care about their license as well as being sued by players for losses later.

If they ignored Woj he could set them up for a civil court case down the track.

Responsible Gambling guidelines mean any US licensed book you say things like "I am broke", "I need this money to pay bills", "I need this withdraw today to pay for my dieing mother's medical expenses" are required to investigate or suspend your account.
    This is ridiculous. They congratulate me a few weeks ago by saying welcome to the vip club for all the action and tier credits earned. Tell me I'm vip gold and have access to expedited support. All kinds of special promos. Accelerated earning of dk dollars. Tell me if i need anything, anything at all to feel free and reach out. Now 3 weeks later after all that I reach out for a free bet and they restrict my account. They mad that for once I'm not depositing 4 figures? They mad because they thought I was some huge whale. This is ridiculous. Dont throw all the bells and whistles at me, assign me a host and thank me for all the action I've given and then make all kinds of threats against me when I simply asked for a tiny bone.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

You don't seem to recognize that there are many types of bettors with different wants and needs from the activity. And say this stuff to people who it very obviously does not apply to regularly.

Telling a guy who is firing off so many bets a day for action that volume is the answer is not really a helpful, or relevant, contribution.

Optional

This is ridiculous. They congratulate me a few weeks ago by saying welcome to the vip club for all the action and tier credits earned. Tell me I'm vip gold and have access to expedited support. All kinds of special promos. Accelerated earning of dk dollars. Tell me if i need anything, anything at all to feel free and reach out. Now 3 weeks later after all that I reach out for a free bet and they restrict my account. They mad that for once I'm not depositing 4 figures? They mad because they thought I was some huge whale. This is ridiculous. Dont throw all the bells and whistles at me, assign me a host and thank me for all the action I've given and then make all kinds of threats against me when I simply asked for a tiny bone.
    Yeah, they want to get the action junkies tied in with perks like that.

But you ruined the plan for them by saying the words, "I'm broke".

You can ask for bonuses, but can't say to them it's because you can't afford to bet.

You'll probably need to provide 2nd level KYC info like the Source Of Wealth (SoW) so they have proof they have been responsible and checked you out after that statement.

They will want you back. But it will need to be on a legally safe basis for them is all.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Dude. Has nothing to do with the free bet. You said "I am really broke". Those are the magic words.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You don't seem to recognize that there are many types of bettors with different wants and needs from the activity. And say this stuff to people who it very obviously does not apply to regularly.

Telling a guy who is firing off so many bets a day for action that volume is the answer is not really a helpful, or relevant, contribution.
    Fair enough. If you are "just guessing", less is better.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Simple question. Go to your Transaction Summary > Lifetime. What does it say for "wagers and entry fees" and "winnings". If you've bet a lot and your winnings is less, just stop. In other words, are you up?
    d2, you’re a smart guy. What do you think the answer to this is?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    d2, you’re a smart guy. What do you think the answer to this is?
    Pretty sure I know. Just wanted him to look and say. With enough action, numbers don't lie.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

There is a night and day difference between calculation and compulsion.

There is no scenario where it is fine to wing it on 30+ plays a night without an edge.

It’s not working and his compulsion needs to swing to calculation to have any chance.
    Part 1 and 2 you are right and I agree.

The problem is that most guys on here only think there are games at night. Other sports exist with PLENTY of opportunities.

Thawoj has no control though. He is trying to pay off debt with gambling which the gambling created in the first place most likely and will recreate once he has a good run to get it back. Then he will try to recoup losses because he isn't betting on opportunities with an edge but rather on games where he thinks he knows who will win.

Optional

@Woj, if gambling is becoming a genuine problem, it might not be a terrible thing to have set deposit limits?

Also chasing to pay debts is rarely a winning strategy. I also think that what STR said about working out a betting style where you are not losing consistently is a winning strategy long term. If you can do that, then you could move on to D2bets level of profiting consistently.

Otherwise a gambling hobby is almost always going to have a cost you need to be willing and able to bear.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Simple question. Go to your Transaction Summary > Lifetime. What does it say for "wagers and entry fees" and "winnings". If you've bet a lot and your winnings is less, just stop. In other words, are you up?

And yeah, if you tell a book you are broke and desperate, those are red flags and they will shut you down.
    I cant even get past the login page right now.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Surely OP is eligible for welfare and unemployment checks coming in for sure. America Government loves to give out freebies. Ask for that if you haven't already. Bookies are stingy in comparison. LOL..

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Dude. Has nothing to do with the free bet. You said "I am really broke". Those are the magic words.
    Ppl say stuff like that ALL the time. Whether they're really really really like homeless broke, kinda broke like no money but everything else is straight, or just lying saying they're broke to get sympathy or something out of it.

What if I was just fkng around trying to get a freebet? Obviously they know by my deposit history I have/had money. Seems to me they jumped to conclusions petty fast and pretty shitty way to treat "a vip" lol thats laughable anyways.

Anyways I have 7 other legal online books I can play at plus I can always go back to offshore. DK needs me more than I need them.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Surely OP is eligible for welfare and unemployment checks coming in for sure. America Government loves to give out freebies. Ask for that if you haven't already. Bookies are stingy in comparison. LOL..
    I work 60 hrs a week dipshit. My pay check is the one being gutted to pay for everyone elses welfare.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

I know how it feels to lose control at times. I try to stay in control but there are things that i know i need to do first before i start throwing money in for gambling. A lot of people depend on me .

My 2 nieces who work part time i pay every month to send Birthday cards to my clients. I send my mom money every month to pay for her Medicare Supplement and her drug plan. I also give her more money when she needs it and try to pay her ************ off so she will have more money in her pocket. I pay all my bills and taxes . I put money aside for next years vacation ($5000 saved so far) .

I do this all First before i go throwing money on gambling. Do i lose control at times. My god yes . But overall i think i have been pretty good. Just make sure all the basic bills and everything you need to take care of is taken care of first .

You have to be able to step back like my last commission check was crap about 1/3 normal. So even though i have some money left that has to get me to next pay 2 weeks later . So i do not need to gamble again until maybe Friday if i do at all. I just do not want it to consume me where i have to do gambling every day.

Like Optional said above set limits. I try to do 2 deposits no more then $500 each through the weekends. I dont think i have ever done one over $500 except once a couple years back for $900 .

Optional

I work 60 hrs a week dipshit. My pay check is the one being gutted to pay for everyone elses welfare.
    Just explain this to them. Then they will probably ask for some sort of proof. And your account will be re-opened.

And it's not them jumping to conclusions by reacting to the I am Broke comment. It's the opposite. If they jump to the conclusion that you aren't being serious because you had money in the past it would be.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Just to reiterate, out of the 7 books I play at I only asked 2 for a free bet or deposit bonus...and those are the 2 that I am vip at...dk and mgm. Mgm obliged by giving me some odds boosts and a 50 free bet, nice of them considering i dont give nearly as much play there.

Anyways thx for the ones in here who genuinely gave good advice or positive responses. Lesson learned I guess whether they reinstate me or not.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1939

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    5k in a day is nothing. I'm already above that right now.
    Just to give posters a clue of wagering vs laid money
    - say you make 4000 wagers per year @$80 per flat wagering
    -you have laid 320k
    -success will yield you 5% give or take = 16k (thats nothing)
    very conservative example given here...lol

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Hahahahha had to laugh. So the vip dude "Jackson" tells me all is good now with my account but said I am getting booted from the vip program because "But I will tell you that these types of statements are not what we look to see from our VIP players."

Go suck a fat one jackson

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Just to reiterate, out of the 7 books I play at I only asked 2 for a free bet or deposit bonus...and those are the 2 that I am vip at...dk and mgm. Mgm obliged by giving me some odds boosts and a 50 free bet, nice of them considering i dont give nearly as much play there.

Anyways thx for the ones in here who genuinely gave good advice or positive responses. Lesson learned I guess whether they reinstate me or not.
    If you are an MVP at MGM you should definitely stop betting.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    Just to give posters a clue of wagering vs laid money
    - say you make 4000 wagers per year @$80 per flat wagering
    -you have laid 320k
    -success will yield you 5% give or take = 16k (thats nothing)
    very conservative example given here...lol
    Pretty sure he's betting a lot more than 80 per.

If you can place 4000 with wagers with a 5% edge, that would be a real shame to only bet 80 per.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

If you are an MVP at MGM you should definitely stop betting.
    Got the #s for you just to humor you. Now really before the last few months i barely played on dk so lifetime compared to the last month or 2 are not much different.

23k total deposits
    14k total withdrawals
    177k wagers
    167k winnings
    Win/Loss 9695.19

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Fanduel i have over 200k since last year. Down about the same, 9k

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Fanduel i have over 200k since last year. Down about the same, 9k
    Do you think that the next 200k wagered on each will be more successful?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Do you think that the next 200k wagered on each will be more successful?
    I dont make bad bets. Not all at least. I just cant stop when Im ahead or if it starts going sour. I am guilty of making too many parlays. But I really cut down on them and focus on tennis dogs or at least anything better than -130 and over/under games in a set which is usually + money because I go for over 10.5 a lot

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I dont make bad bets. Not all at least. I just cant stop when Im ahead or if it starts going sour. I am guilty of making too many parlays. But I really cut down on them and focus on tennis dogs or at least anything better than -130 and over/under games in a set which is usually + money because I go for over 10.5 a lot
    Well maybe you have a subset of bets that is positive. I will say that -4 to -5% is actually better than the average bettor. Stay away from the parlays.

veriableodds
    validation not required

Pretty sure he's betting a lot more than 80 per.

If you can place 4000 with wagers with a 5% edge, that would be a real shame to only bet 80 per.
    Yeah as stated conservative. The sad thing is a person doing this not that long ago in vegas would be getting most of the rooms for free, drinks/food as in buffet's free, comps in the gift stores for snacks, cigarettes all free.. What do you get nowadays???

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    Yeah as stated conservative. The sad thing is a person doing this not that long ago in vegas would be getting most of the rooms for free, drinks/food as in buffet's free, comps in the gift stores for snacks, cigarettes all free.. What do you get nowadays???
    For sportsbetting only?

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13521

Hope that helps WOJ.
    I had a dear friend in HS and shortly thereafter. He was the sickest of all sick gamblers. I finally had to tell him "No more loans, please get help". We drifted apart. I went on to gamble for my living for 15 years. At some point along the way he committed suicide, with a beautiful wife and 2 kids. I still love him and miss him to this day but .... Please listen to some of the sound advice within.
    Today, I can afford to bet 10's of thousands. Instead I play as per STR. You'd laugh at the size of my bets. I don't play for the money I can win, but simply to prove I can beat the game. BOL!!!

veriableodds
    validation not required

For sportsbetting only?
    Yes just from sports betting all this started phasing out 97ish , those were the days

First 123 Last