miaplus3
    miaplus3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3042

Closing thoughts on Messi

The thing is if you passed the dude on the street you wouldn't take notice. There are a certain ilk of great athletes that look as though they are chiseled Greek Gods and play the part, but then there are others that are unassuming
    but have a sublime understanding & skill set that to me transcends their sport. They flat out make their teammates better.

The best comparison I can give you is perhaps Steph Curry.

It's been a pleasure Lionel, however long you play.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave miaplus3 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cala56

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Well said (raises beer)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Curry 10000x more of a diva

Messi way more class and down to earth

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by miaplus3 View Post
    The thing is if you passed the dude on the street you wouldn't take notice. There are a certain ilk of great athletes that look as though they are chiseled Greek Gods and play the part, but then there are others that are unassuming
    but have a sublime understanding & skill set that to me transcends their sport. They flat out make their teammates better.

The best comparison I can give you is perhaps Steph Curry.

It's been a pleasure Lionel, however long you play.
    It was a great speech until you said Steph Curry, then it became nothing. Seriously Step Curry?

miaplus3

Mahomes might be another.

miaplus3

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    It was a great speech until you said Steph Curry, then it became nothing. Seriously Step Curry?
    Yeah, Curry looks like he is part of the all airport team that hasn't accomplished anything.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Yeah, Curry looks like he is part of the all airport team that hasn't accomplished anything.
    I would have said MJ, the greatest of all time, that would be in Messiville. Not some pre madonna.

miaplus3

I would have said MJ, the greatest of all time, that would be in Messiville. Not some pre madonna.
    Thought about MJ too, but he at least looks like a stud. Imagine you have never saw a sport in your life & you see sets of 2 pics. LeBron vs
    MJ (maybe Steph) & Ronaldo vs Messi would you even dream there would be equivalencies.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Thought about MJ too, but he at least looks like a stud. Imagine you have never saw a sport in your life & you see sets of 2 pics. LeBron vs
    MJ (maybe Steph) & Ronaldo vs Messi would you even dream there would be equivalencies.
    Amen brother, I just wouldn't put Messi anywhere near the names of Lebron or Curry, it is disrespectful. Both of them couldn't hold his sack even for a second.

jjgold

Mahommes seems like a good guy
    Curry woke

miaplus3

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mahommes seems like a good guy
    Curry woke
    I guess my point is that I love rooting for guys that don't fit the combine profile. There is something cerebral, something that you can't quantify, like they were touched by the hand of God!

unde0087
    Did we win?

Merry Christmas mia, do you watch baseball? The player I would put Messi with might be controversial but he is my favorite baseball player of all time and how long Messi worked to finally get his prize is on par with this man. I would say that Messi is the iron man of soccer and so I put him in with one of the greatest players of all time in baseball and the iron man who played over 2000 straight games, I was actually at his 2,000th game at the Metrodome in Minny, it was the greatest sporting event experience of my life. It was a sellout, my gramps got us front row 3rd baseline. His first at bat, he had to step out 4 times and finally walk along the sidelines holding his helmet in the air because even in Minnesota, everyone knew what it meant. His first at bat took 30 minutes. He kept having to step out because the sellout was standing, full on cheering. He ended up playing 2,632 straight games. A record that will never be broken, ever.
    Points Awarded:

miaplus3 gave unde0087 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?

That is why I love baseball so much, to be able to be a part of that as a yougster. I can still feel the crowd, it was amazing. That is respect, when you can go to another ball park and get a standing ovation every time to step in.

miaplus3

Merry Christmas mia, do you watch baseball? The player I would put Messi with might be controversial but he is my favorite baseball player of all time and how long Messi worked to finally get his prize is on par with this man. I would say that Messi is the iron man of soccer and so I put him in with one of the greatest players of all time in baseball and the iron man who played over 2000 straight games, I was actually at his 2,000th game at the Metrodome in Minny, it was the greatest sporting event experience of my life. It was a sellout, my gramps got us front row 3rd baseline. His first at bat, he had to step out 4 times and finally walk along the sidelines holding his helmet in the air because even in Minnesota, everyone knew what it meant. His first at bat took 30 minutes. He kept having to step out because the sellout was standing, full on cheering. He ended up playing 2,632 straight games. A record that will never be broken, ever.
    Cool man, Aug 2nd 1994, just read the write up of that game. I have a grandson named Cal after that very legend.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Cool man, Aug 2nd 1994, just read the write up of that game. I have a grandson named Cal after that very legend.
    Hell ya, he was one of the greatest players of all time. I was surprised with it. We went to Minnesota to see my Grandparents, grandma wasn't doing so good. And my parents kept it a secret that grandpa had the tickets. They just said load up and then we were there. Cal was my favorite player, it was killer I got to see him live on his 2k, but like I said he is like Messi, worked his ass off and played for a long time, just was great.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Played injured, played no matter what, just wanted to win. Curry or Lebron stub a toe they are out for a week. Cal played no matter hurt, sick, or a death in the family. Mad respect for his record, like I said with these pussies these days no out will even come within a 1000 games.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I will say this about todays final, Mbappe basically told his teammate I have the torch now. Amazing finish, I mean 79th minute France had no life then Mbappe busted up the party. The look on Messi's face after back to back Mbappe goals was priceless.

Like wtf just happened

miaplus3

I will say this about todays final, Mbappe basically told his teammate I have the torch now. Amazing finish, I mean 79th minute France had no life then Mbappe busted up the party. The look on Messi's face after back to back Mbappe goals was priceless.
    Like wtf just happened
    All excellent points my friend. I completely agree about Mbappe, you talk about the speed, the creativity, it's off the charts. Maybe a defensive liability , same with Messi, Curry, but that's really nit picking.

miaplus3

Yeah, if someone brought up load management to Cal, that would be an interesting conversation. To be fair, different era, with the salaries they pay, they don't want no chances.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If Mahomes walks on a street in Buenos Aires no one will know who he is. If Messi walks on a street in Kansas City no one will know who he is.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I will always see him as an amazing soccer player, who as he grew up as a midget took steroids given too him by his doctor.

Salam
    Salam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10044

Mbappe is way better than Messi

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

He is pretty good in the soccer.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

But he grew up on growth hormones. Basically cheating. But no one wants to talk about it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    But he grew up on growth hormones. Basically cheating. But no one wants to talk about it.
    Yes and we can see they made him huge and powerful.

jjgold

True

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If Mahomes walks on a street in Buenos Aires no one will know who he is. If Messi walks on a street in Kansas City no one will know who he is.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

This guy was not exactly Atlas in looks either.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

He is the best, there isn't any question, the most BallonDors (him and Ronaldo by far), Copa America, World Cup, Golden Boot, Golden Ball, insane club stats that are just too many to list, longevity, 2 world cup finals appearances with the shittiest teams, almost 2 victories, tons of Copa America finals, broke every record at Barcelona and put that club on the map, they were irrelevant before Messi got there comparitively speaking, broke every Barcelona record none of which will ever be duplicated as long as we're alive. I don't know what more you can do. There's nothing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Messi is really good and that's my closing thoughts.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Im from argentina, yes nobody will recognise mahomes.