stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    He had 6 kids, he couldn't have sex after polio, so you do the math.

He contracted it in 1921, perhaps that's where the 21 came from
    Probably, it's been almost 30 years since I've been out of college, I can't retain everything I learned.
    Thanks for the correction, I stand corrected.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Those Jap bastards.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Jun 7, 2004
    IRVING, Texas -- Bill Parcells apologized Monday for calling the surprise plays used in practice "Jap plays," saying the remark was inappropriate. The league said Tuesday that it will not take any action nor will it review the Cowboys coach's comments.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10379

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    My ex wifes grandfather worked at Oakridge Tn on one of the bombs we dropped on Japan, in the "Secret City" as they called it.

Alpha Track Calutron at the Y-12 Plant in Oak Ridge used an electromagnetic separation process to enrich uranium. This photo was taken in 1944 or 1945.

It wasn’t until the atomic bomb dropped in 1945 that employees realized they had been building the most powerful weapon the world had ever seen.
    powerful weapon the world had ever seen.Sep 20, 2017
    https://wpln.org › post › how-the-u-...

How The U.S. Created A 'Secret City' In Oak Ridge To Build The Atomic Bomb, 75 Years Ago | WPLN News
    I’ve been there on two occasions to study radiation medicine, they have a very interesting museum there as well I’d recommend to visit, just outside of Knoxville, then hit up “Cotton Eye Joes” later to line dance with some hoochies

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20529

If you haven't seen it, FDR gives a stirring speech.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10149

If you all want to see some history visit National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg Texas.. very humbling.... takes awhile to get through it..https://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/ Helped put up over 4000 wreaths honoring our vets this last weekend...
    Points Awarded:

DiggityDaggityDo gave batt33 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20529

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    If you all want to see some history visit National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg Texas.. very humbling.... takes awhile to get through it..https://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/ Helped put up over 4000 wreaths honoring our vets this last weekend...
    Yes, I've been there, although it's been a while. It's great. I've always known it as the Nimitz Museum.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16145

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Pearl Harbor is a U.S. naval base near Honolulu, Hawaii, that was the scene of a devastating surprise attack by Japanese forces on December 7, 1941. Just before 8 a.m. on that Sunday morning, hundreds of Japanese fighter planes descended on the base, where they managed to destroy or damage nearly 20 American naval vessels, including eight battleships, and over 300 airplanes. More than 2,400 Americans died in the attack, including civilians, and another 1,000 people were wounded. The day after the assault, President Franklin D. Roosevelt asked Congress to declare war on Japan.

For some perspective, more people died daily from Covid for months
    You are comparing Covid deaths to bombing Pearl Harbor???? Go fukk yourself puto

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Did not know about this. And only an hour and a half away from me.

Thanks I’ll have to check it out one of these days.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8389

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    I’ve been there on two occasions to study radiation medicine, they have a very interesting museum there as well I’d recommend to visit, just outside of Knoxville, then hit up “Cotton Eye Joes” later to line dance with some hoochies
    I Used to go to Cotten Eyed Joes back in the 90's I guess it is still booming! HOOCHIE EVERYWHERE. If you every go back Knoxville best place to eat Calhoun's on the River great BBQ

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8389

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    My ex wifes grandfather worked at Oakridge Tn on one of the bombs we dropped on Japan, in the "Secret City" as they called it.

Alpha Track Calutron at the Y-12 Plant in Oak Ridge used an electromagnetic separation process to enrich uranium. This photo was taken in 1944 or 1945.

It wasn’t until the atomic bomb dropped in 1945 that employees realized they had been building the most powerful weapon the world had ever seen.
    powerful weapon the world had ever seen.Sep 20, 2017
    https://wpln.org › post › how-the-u-...

How The U.S. Created A 'Secret City' In Oak Ridge To Build The Atomic Bomb, 75 Years Ago | WPLN News
    I don't know why the link and picture didn't show up in this post.
    When I'm using my tablet anything I try to add mess's up!

How The U.S. Created A ‘Secret City’ In Oak Ridge To Build The Atomic Bomb, 75 Years Ago | WPLN News

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10149

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Did not know about this. And only an hour and a half away from me.

Thanks I’ll have to check it out one of these days.
    It will be worth it!

First 12