1. #1
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Same Game Parlays Have a 30% Hold

    100% now all USA books marketing those plastered all over the apps

    It is sickening

  2. #2
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,207
    Betpoints: 4981

    that is all they care about. need a domestic site to focus on old school straight up bets.

  3. #3
    kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-21-08
    Posts: 923
    Betpoints: 6240

    greed always wins

  4. #4
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 25,733
    Betpoints: 13653

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    100% now all USA books marketing those plastered all over the apps

    It is sickening
    Explain more. Is that a stat you read somewhere?

    First off, the parlays of 4+ games are almost always Fools' Gold. Books short the price.

    Used to be that you could find +1300 or even +1350 on 4-teamers. I'd imagine it's closer to +1000 at most books. And players don't care, b/c they want action.

    30% Hold can't be on 2-teamers. Players win at a higher rate than that.

  5. #5
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,212
    Betpoints: 2395

    Dont play them.

  6. #6
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,661
    Betpoints: 650

    US books are doing a lot of shitty things. They are dirtier than offshore books in some ways because they give so much money to the government that itís pretty much free reign for them against the players.

  7. #7
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    US books are doing a lot of shitty things. They are dirtier than offshore books in some ways because they give so much money to the government that it’s pretty much free reign for them against the players.
    yep

  8. #8
    Smokey McPot
    Smokey McPot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-18-21
    Posts: 187
    Betpoints: 3113

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    that is all they care about. need a domestic site to focus on old school straight up bets.
    That sounds like the definition of Circa.

  9. #9
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 82,726
    Betpoints: 9306



    Odds boost are pretty funny too. They short you a ton only to boost it so you're still short a ton.

    So few bettors know how to figure what they deserve, it's so easy to short them.

    These marketing companies have done this since day one.

  10. #10
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post


    Odds boost are pretty funny too. They short you a ton only to boost it so you're still short a ton.

    So few bettors know how to figure what they deserve, it's so easy to short them.

    These marketing companies have done this since day one.
    yes USA books being laughed at now

  11. #11
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,082
    Betpoints: 3775

    NEVER played one

  12. #12
    miaplus3
    miaplus3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-16-10
    Posts: 200
    Betpoints: 982

    yeah, if I cant play the corresponding total & line with the associated money lines as true parlay I punt. Especially any parlay with player props is just a losing prop!

  13. #13
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    We all know now except some exchanges NJ, Colorado and Circa USA books just want losers

Top