LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

NCAA Brackets Contest 2022: 100K Betpoints in Prizes!

NCAA Brackets Contest 2022: 100K Betpoints

The SBR March Madness Bracket Contest is back with 100,000 Betpoints up for grabs! Contest is open to ALL, but MUST be SBR PRO to win Betpoints while non-pros are competing for free one-year SBR Pro memberships. Join for FREE and challenge the SBR community for the title of ‘College Hoops Champion’.

While we recognize the SBR Store is not online yet, we want to give members a chance to pad their points wallet for when the doors swing open!

Prize-pool (SBR PROS ONLY)

1st. 25,000 betpoints
    2nd. 17,500 betpoints
    3rd. 15,000 betpoints
    4th. 12,000 betpoints
    5th. 8,000 betpoints
    6th. 5,000 betpoints
    7th. 3,000 betpoints
    8th. 2,800 betpoints
    9th. 2,500 betpoints
    10th. 2,200 betpoints
    11-15th. 900 betpoints
    16-20th. 500 betpoints

Non-Pros that finish in the Top 10 Overall each receive free one-year SBR Pro membership with Pro prizes rolling down. MUST be SBR Pro by 11:59pm ET Thursday, March 24th to qualify for Pro Prizes.

How to enter
    a. Go to Bracket Site
    b. enter Pool ID 39768| password sbr515
    c. Register yourself. You must make your SBR username your "display name" for the bracket.
    Do not register more than once. Save your bracket log-in and password.

If you registered in previous years and your username is taken, it's no big deal, your display name is what allows us to verify your standing.

Deadline to enter bracket: *Thursday, March 17th, 12:15 PM ET

Bracket Scoring

First Four:
    Play-In games (no selections)
    First Round: 1 point per win
    Second Round: 2 points per win
    Sweet 16: 4 points per win
    Elite 8: 8 points per win
    Final 4: 16 points per win
    Championship: 32 points per win

Seed bonus points:
    Receive points equal to the difference in seed values for underdog wins only.

*Leaderboard will be ordered by total points won. Tiebreaker will be Championship Game Total Points (required at bracket entry). Closest without going over wins. If still tied, your points won in Final 4 will be used. If still tied, prize will be split and combined equally.

Fine-print
    1. Must be an SBR Pro member as of 11:59pm ET Thursday, March 24th to be Betpoint-eligible & must maintain Pro membership throughout the contest. Betpoint prizes will roll down if a non-pro, or former SBR Pro whose membership lapsed during the contest, finishes in the money, with those in the Top 10 getting one-year SBR Pro memberships.
    2. One entry per household.

3. Users who enter a random display name & don't reply to their email will be deleted from the contest.
    4. SBR reserves the right to disqualify users at its discretion for violation of forum policy or multiple account entry.

Last edited by LT Profits; 03-04-22 at 01:03 PM. Reason: re-labeled First Four, First Round, Second Round

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51409

Great to see, always good fun - thanks SBR!

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

lets go!!!!!

thanks LT and SBR

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Thanks Sbr!

newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3291

Are us Canucks eligible?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Are us Canucks eligible?
    Whole world is eligible but must be SBR Pro by March 24 to win Betpoints

newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3291

Points are worthless to Canucks right?

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

This is a good sign for the future of SBR.

LT Profits

Store will re-open eventually, though I do not personally know what non-USA store will look like.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

So just possibly worthless betpoints

hockey7251
    hockey7251's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16209

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Unfortunately you are right.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Back in - Bring on the Madness!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

I'm in thanks SBR for bringing this great contest back!

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Unfortunately you are right.
    Not so fast my friend, I will try to get some info Monday.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    This is a good sign for the future of SBR.
    No more than seizing Putin's Swiss bank accounts is a good sign for refugees from Eastern Ukraine who spend 50+ hours trying to get to the Polish border.

Two things are barely related to each other.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not so fast my friend, I will try to get some info Monday.
    great to hear!

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Points are worthless to ALL.
    Points Awarded:

OVAKUL gave mpaschal34 666 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blankoblanco, seaborneq, frankzig, and YOUNGBUCK

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

thanks LT ..

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Points are worthless to ALL.
    I suspect points are worthless to NOBODY. Obviously not worthless for USA players with store re-opening and I think I have an idea what non-USA store will look like, although I need confirmation there before saying anything.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    No more than seizing Putin's Swiss bank accounts is a good sign for refugees from Eastern Ukraine who spend 50+ hours trying to get to the Polish border.

Two things are barely related to each other.
    Except they ARE related

This prize structure would not exist if store was not re-opening. It is only a question of when, not if.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Except they ARE related

This prize structure would not exist if store was not re-opening. It is only a question of when, not if.
    How about announcing WHEN the store is reopening as opposed the the hope & a prayer of your comments. You’re putting out a big contest when in all honesty it could just be a waste of time.

49 active members so far. Not a good look
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blankoblanco

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29790

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    How about announcing WHEN the store is reopening as opposed the the hope & a prayer of your comments. You’re putting out a big contest when in all honesty it could just be a waste of time.

I fully agree with you, Philly. I've tried to be patient, but now they're taking possibly the premiere annual SBR contest and using it to troll us with the fact that points haven't mattered for 5+ months? And now blaming us for being "impatient" about that?? It's a damn joke

Given all of the above circumstances, this should obviously pay out in cash/bitcoin. Not a fake-ass currency that we've been waiting on for nearly half a year to use in any way

The only reason I'm likely to register for this garbage (I haven't even bothered yet) is that filling out a bracket can be slightly fun. Everything else about this contest and the set-up for it sucks
    Last edited by blankoblanco; 03-07-22 at 08:04 AM.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29790

Except they ARE related

LT, bro, I can't tell if you're actually this stupid or if you're too deeply involved and it's your job to try to gaslight us. What you wrote makes less sense than anything ever on the planet earth

The suggested prize structure absolutely would exist if the store was not re-opening. Because it gives them a way to give people worthless points and string them along. That is literally exactly what people are afraid of. And it's exactly what appears to be happening. We've been waiting for nearly half a year to be proven wrong

Lex_icon
    Lex_icon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11491

I appreciate the LT effort, but no store, no play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blankoblanco

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I do a football contest on this site and it has me registered as chico63. Will this cause a problem?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I’d say boycott the contest but doubt they would care anyway

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

Thanks for setting this up, LT. I'm in as Ian111 ("Ian" isn't enough characters to fulfill their user name requirement).

Hopefully the store and site glitches will be fixed soon. I'll just have fun playing and hope for the best.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I fully agree with you, Philly. I've tried to be patient, but now they're taking possibly the premiere annual SBR contest and using it to troll us with the fact that points haven't mattered for 5+ months? And now blaming us for being "impatient" about that?? It's a damn joke

Given all of the above circumstances, this should obviously pay out in cash/bitcoin. Not a fake-ass currency that we've been waiting on for nearly half a year to use in any way

The only reason I'm likely to register for this garbage (I haven't even bothered yet) is that filling out a bracket can be slightly fun. Everything else about this contest and the set-up for it sucks
    Also agree if the people who won prizes in SBR Fantasy Football should have been given the opportunity to cash their prizes via Bitcoin as well. If you want to hoard a bunch of bet points then that’s on you.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13678

Also agree if the people who won prizes in SBR Fantasy Football should have been given the opportunity to cash their prizes via Bitcoin as well. If you want to hoard a bunch of bet points then that’s on you.
    also people who made store orders should have had those honoured instead of refunded in mid october i believe it was
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

LT Profits

I can't announce what I don't know, I just know the store WILL re-open, that is a fact. Higher ups are running analytics, which I can only assume is a point valuation but there could be more to it. And they want to be very diligent about it, so it is taking some time. But the important thing is that even if it is a month or two before the store re-opens, it will happen.

LT Profits

Yes there will be ability to cash out points, BTC probably favored to return although another cash app or cryptocurrency may be possible. But regardless there will be some cash equivalent.

LT Profits

LT, bro, I can't tell if you're actually this stupid or if you're too deeply involved and it's your job to try to gaslight us. What you wrote makes less sense than anything ever on the planet earth

The suggested prize structure absolutely would exist if the store was not re-opening. Because it gives them a way to give people worthless points and string them along. That is literally exactly what people are afraid of. And it's exactly what appears to be happening. We've been waiting for nearly half a year to be proven wrong
    We were given the choice to do Betpoint prizes or gift cards, the choice we made should be an indicator of what is happening in the future.

1234 Last