stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Hedo Turkoglu led the league in 4th quarter scoring one year. He was v.good but he wasn't the best player in the league.
    Giannis does.
    Moving on.

Win shares and the go to metric used to determine value VORP?
    It's once again Jokic, Giannis, then Embid.

Go ahead, ask me about DEFENSIVE win shares.
    You'll wont believe it.

Convince me Embid is more valuable.
    With all due respect, I have data, facts, and figures backing my opinion up.
    Jokic is the only man in the league who's team is worth 8.6 wins more a season with him playing.
    That's fact, not opinion.

stevenash

Here's one for you IBetYou?

Who has the better follow up game tonight?

Doncic coming off that 34/12/12 game or Jokic coming of that incredible 26/19/11 and notches his fourth 3x/2x this month.
    Nobody cares about Embid anymore.

Or does Trae Young have another 33/15 game tonight just like last week.

Joel who?

Sorry if I come across like a sarcastic fuk, but you see my point?

And just how valuable was Embid last night?
    Out of bounds passes, passes to Wes Matthews who plays for the other team is not valuable.
    Getting your shit shoved up your ass by Giannis with nothing left really on the clock, not that valuable either.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Hedo Turkoglu led the league in 4th quarter scoring one year. He was v.good but he wasn't the best player in the league.
    Turkoglu was amazing in that playoff run where Orlando got to the finals, hitting big shot after big shot when the games were on the line

shadymcgrady

Embiid has matured a fair bit in recent years, seemingly beginning with the moment he got humbled by the Raptors and famously cried upon Gasol's shoulder. How anyone can put the FREAK above him is beyond me. He's just a more natural basketball player across the board, and bigger. Swap Anteto' for Embiid and the Bucks are favourites to win the 'ship imo.
    Giannis is without a doubt a level above embiid for various reasons. Consistency, availability, tenacity but above all the ability to change his game and adapt in order to win a chip.

Say what you want about what ifs and injuries to the nets last yr but the guy learned to shoot free throws mid career arc and that was the reason why they won. Teams were crowding the paint and fouling him after Boston did it yr after yr in the playoffs and he answered the call.

How many 2 time mvps actually went back to the drawing board and changed their game in order to win a ring at the peak of their prowess? Can't take anything away from giannis

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Giannis is without a doubt a level above embiid for various reasons. Consistency, availability, tenacity but above all the ability to change his game and adapt in order to win a chip.

Say what you want about what ifs and injuries to the nets last yr but the guy learned to shoot free throws mid career arc and that was the reason why they won. Teams were crowding the paint and fouling him after Boston did it yr after yr in the playoffs and he answered the call.

How many 2 time mvps actually went back to the drawing board and changed their game in order to win a ring at the peak of their prowess? Can't take anything away from giannis
    In the midst of all these stars ring chasing and jumping to stacked teams giannis never left Milwaukee and stayed true. That's galvanized in this era more than any other

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And conversely Embid wants the MVP award above anything else.
    Championship? Don't care, I want the MVP.
    And you can just tell he's slurping off Doc for every minute he can get on the floor to inflate his numbers.
    Won't work, he's not winning again this year.
    That's more Daryl Morey I think, he chases MVP awards as a gm more than anyone. He's even got dantoni on the staff when he was stat padding harden in Houston

stevenash

Like I said earlier, Jokic is my guy, but I'm starting to think the very definition of value is the Greek.
    He hung a 40 burger last night on a good team, and did much more than score.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

In the midst of all these stars ring chasing and jumping to stacked teams giannis never left Milwaukee and stayed true. That's galvanized in this era more than any other
    He came close to leaving I think. Similar to K.Bryant in LA post-Shaq. You can call him loyal with hindsight, sure, but if not for the lucky run last season in which the Nets were ruined by injuries that Bucks team would be getting blown up.

Nash & Nowitzki were the ultimate loyal players. Nowitzki had an off-season where he possibly wavered, but only after about 12 years of trying in Dallas. Phoenix practically had to boot Nash out of town at the end... the rumour mill kept churning out possibilities for him and he always said he wanted to remain.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

I think he will ultimately go to Lakerland in the not too distant future. I also think Jokic will play his entire career in Denver and rack up numerous championships. Don't know about Embiid -they've ****** things up with that trade.

stevenash

I think he will ultimately go to Lakerland in the not too distant future. I also think Jokic will play his entire career in Denver and rack up numerous championships. Don't know about Embiid -they've ****** things up with that trade.
    Embid has that super max contract, not sure he's ever leaving Philly.

Denver's ownership is Wal-Mart money, they'll screw up Jokic before Philly screws up Embid.

I'm the biggest KC Royals fan in the world, Wal-Mart (The Walton family) had ownership there for a while too, Glass fuked that up for us.
    Walton's may know retail, they don't know jack on how to run a sports franchise.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Embid has that super max contract, not sure he's ever leaving Philly.

Denver's ownership is Wal-Mart money, they'll screw up Jokic before Philly screws up Embid.

I'm the biggest KC Royals fan in the world, Wal-Mart (The Walton family) had ownership there for a while too, Glass fuked that up for us.
    Walton's may know retail, they don't know jack on how to run a sports franchise.
    Embiid does not have a super max contract, literally everything you say is wrong, Embiid's contract has a lot of performance based incentives that were designed to protect the team because of his early injuries.

stevenash

I'm not calling Embid dirt, but Jokic is at it again.

19/7/5 at the half!
    With two swipes and a block.

Embid is solid, he can't do everything Jokic does.

Just stop the silliness.
    Malone will play the back end of the bench for an extended fourth quarter run probably, that would be the only thing stopping Jokic from back-to-back triple/doubles.

thomorino

I'm not calling Embid dirt, but Jokic is at it again.

19/7/5 at the half!
    With two swipes and a block.

Embid is solid, he can't do everything Jokic does.

Just stop the silliness.
    Malone will play the back end of the bench for an extended fourth quarter run probably, that would be the only thing stopping Jokic from back-to-back triple/doubles.
    Denver almost lost to Indiana because Jokic plays no defense. Just stop.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Embiid is still the favorite at most books
    What book?
    The book of Morino?

Isn't the book of Morino the one where you can make up whatever line you want and bet it there?

I think I saw the TV ad.
    "I play at BetMorino, it's the preferred sports book of pathological liars"

I got screenshots, call me out on these, I dare you.

DraftKings

Jokic -155
    Embid +115

FanDuel
    Jokic -165
    Embid +165

Hurry up fella, run, don't walk to FanDuel.
    There's your best odds

Let's go off shore now
    Heritage Jokic -140, same BoL

Caesar's
    Jokic -140
    Embid +110

Show me most books where Embid is a favorite.
    I just looked at eight, he's a dog at all eight.

Stop making up shit to support your lies.
    Get help for your pathological lying.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jokic 1st
    Doncic second now
    You can’t give someone an MVP that cannot be good teams like Embiid

They sprinted away

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jokic 1st
    Doncic second now
    You can’t give someone an MVP that cannot be good teams like Embiid

They sprinted away
    Coach?
    Do you any books where Embid is the MVP favorite?
    Let me know.

Oh, call my girl, we'll set something up later.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

4 of the 5 top teams right now are in the East.

4 of the 5.

The 2 seed in the West is Memphis, most of the top teams in the East would sweep them.

Just stop.

Most books have now moved the bet to a toss up since when I posted earlier today - Nash did what he usually does which is change the question since he lost the argument.

Just looking at one book such as fanduel means nothing, because markets like the NBA MVP market are low liquidity markets and you will frequently see very different lines at different books
    LMAO, you think 4 of 5 teams in the east would sweep Memphis? If Memphis were in the East, they'd probably be going to the finals, they might still get there if they can get through Phoenix!

This is why you're down so much, because you have ZERO clue what you're talking about when it comes to NBA.

"No, no, no those aren't my records" - yes they are you wet brain loser! You can throw those Embiid units in the fire too, as Jokic just posted yet another triple double and now -180 to win MVP. Perhaps you can both cry about that!
    So dry your little eyes, get back out there, do you what you do best and post a few more losers for us to fade

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    LMAO, you think 4 of 5 teams in the east would sweep Memphis? If Memphis were in the East, they'd probably be going to the finals, they might still get there if they can get through Phoenix!

This is why you're down so much, because you have ZERO clue what you're talking about when it comes to NBA.

"No, no, no those aren't my records" - yes they are you wet brain loser! You can throw those Embiid units in the fire too, as Jokic just posted yet another triple double and now -180 to win MVP. Perhaps you can both cry about that!
    So dry your little eyes, get back out there, do you what you do best and post a few more losers for us to fade
    You can't fix stupid

thomorino

At the time of my post Embiid was the favorite at many books, that has now changed.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post

You can't fix stupid
    The top 4 teams in the East would sweep Memphis. Hard to believe anyone is this clueless.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

At the time of my post Embiid was the favorite at many books, that has now changed.
    Bahahahahahabbaba

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Nash with the early lead for thread-of-the-year
    I have a decent sized prop bet on Over 18’ posts, before the Mvp is awarded. I could win my bet before the weekend
    Have not seen a triggering like this since mac jones was drafted by NE. Well done Nash

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Bahahahahahabbaba
    Text book pathological liar.
    Last edited by stevenash; 03-31-22 at 01:55 PM.

shadymcgrady

Harden may have ruined embiid backers. I'm still rooting for embiid to win despite not having any skin in the game while losing this future the previous two seasons

stevenash

Harden may have ruined embiid backers. I'm still rooting for embiid to win despite not having any skin in the game while losing this future the previous two seasons
    I said that before they signed him.
    Like 24 times, and I believe you did too.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Nash with the early lead for thread-of-the-year
    I have a decent sized prop bet on Over 18’ posts, before the Mvp is awarded. I could win my bet before the weekend
    Have not seen a triggering like this since mac jones was drafted by NE. Well done Nash

It's who I am, it's what I do.

Glad you enjoyed my handiwork in the Mac Jones thread.
    Stick around, you haven't seen the best parts yet.

thomorino

They didn't sign him, they traded for him. This is yet another blatantly false statement. The Straw poll is not a poll of the actual voters either.

shadymcgrady

Maybe, I got hit in the head often growing up. Sports and fist fights

stevenash

Maybe, I got hit in the head often growing up. Sports and fist fights
    I was a scholastic catcher, talk to me about getting run over.
    I got elbowed to the temple on a play at the plate once.
    Put me in the ER (true story) but that dirty son of a bitch with his high elbow couldn't dislodge the ball from me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s over

Joker wins

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’s over

Joker wins
    Giannis #2

Then maybe Embid who nobody talks about anymore because there's nothing really there to talk about.

stevenash

Embiid does not have a super max contract, literally everything you say is wrong, Embiid's contract has a lot of performance based incentives that were designed to protect the team because of his early injuries.
    https://www.nba.com/news/reports-joe...%2D27%20season.

This is like the 12th time you followed me around forum to forum picking out anything you can find, quote me, tell me I'm wrong, and this the 12th time I shut you up and shut you down.

You said you like posting here?

Find out what happens if there is a 13th attempt of you quoting me, calling me out, and so forth.
    Go ahead, have fun posting at the rx
    You're a pathological lying sociopath.

Find another hobby, you suck at this one.
    Last edited by stevenash; 03-31-22 at 05:53 PM.

stevenash

SuperMax:
    Short for Super Maximum

Headline SCREAMS from NBC Sports.

Joel Embiid signing super-max contract extension with 76ers

and here's that link you pathological lying sociopath.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/17...on-with-76ers/

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Bahahahhaha you own him Steve love it

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Bahahahhaha you own him Steve love it
    On a daily basis.

I left the dude alone pretty much the entire month of March.
    And believe me I could have corrected at least 40 posts of his in that time span, and I wasn't even seeking him out, he bumps his shit to the top of the queue so all can see it.

Cutting to the chase, out of the blue he calls me out on a UConn line.
    Told him I had screenshots and can produce tickets anytime you want.

He does it again Wednesday in some other thread, and again.
    Now the SuperMax call out.

It's not 12 times, that's hyperbole I was using, to make a point.
    This is actually the fifth time in 3 1/2 days.

He does this type of shit all the time.
    Remember the time I accidently spelled 'parrot' with two 't's
    He followed me around for weeks posting I can't spell.

Not triggered, not butt hurt, but this ends now.

First 12345 Last