Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Why was Buffalo rushing 4 players on the pass to Kelce with about 8 seconds left?

Makes no sense there. Time is your friend. Let Mahomes sit back and burn the clock with time to throw. Rush 2 to 3 at most and clog up the passing lanes. Don't understand the logic there?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Makes no sense there. Time is your friend. Let Mahomes sit back and burn the clock with time to throw. Rush 2 to 3 at most and clog up the passing lanes. Don't understand the logic there?
    You're right. Romo said the same.

Maybe even 2-man rush. With time/Distance, you could effectively turn it into a Hail Mary situation, w/ no time left for a 2nd play.

There were defenders much deeper than Kelce, so there was a soft zone to run into. Bad.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Worse yet why kickoff into the end zone! Football 101 - Make them return it and burn 6-7 seconds. Mahomes would have had less than 10 seconds to work... Brutal decision!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard, and beerman2619

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    You're right. Romo said the same.

Maybe even 2-man rush. With time/Distance, you could effectively turn it into a Hail Mary situation, w/ no time left for a 2nd play.

There were defenders much deeper than Kelce, so there was a soft zone to run into. Bad.
    Yeah agreed Chuck. good point.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Hell you could rush 2, drop 9... Have guys jam receivers at the line of scrimmage and have safety nets all over the field. If Mahomes pulls it down and runs, so be it, let the clock bleed. There's any number of ways they could have played it other than giving KC's two best weapons green pastures galore.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Worse yet why kickoff into the end zone! Football 101 - Make them return it and burn 6-7 seconds. Mahomes would have had less than 10 seconds to work... Brutal decision!
    Good one, Art. Allen had to think the game was over.

You are 100% correct. This was bad. But all these coaches are geniuses, right?

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I guess if BUFF kicked it short or a squib kick they would have called a fair catch or kneeled down. But good point as well.

tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

You can not predict what consequences after happen and regret,but at that point,I agree should squib kick waste more time,if a miracle touchdown beat you,then beat you,don’t even give up13 seconds on the o’clock for a field goal

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Hell you could rush 2, drop 9... Have guys jam receivers at the line of scrimmage and have safety nets all over the field. If Mahomes pulls it down and runs, so be it, let the clock bleed. There's any number of ways they could have played it other than giving KC's two best weapons green pastures galore.

The most logical point. Bump every WR you can at the line of scrimmage by rushing only 2, etc. Put all nickel and dime backs in the game too so you're not worried about a LB covering Tyreek Hill.

In all seriousness, you're not a football coach and you figured out the obvious on how dumb it was to allow a kick that close in. We always scratch our heads as to how this stuff happens because none of us are coaches but this shit is common sense.

I wonder how many LB's and DL were in the game for those last plays by KC before OT?

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153492

Leslie Frazier

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    Leslie Frazier
    Orby, remember when he blew out his knee in the Super Bowl? Would have been a great DB.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    The most logical point. Bump every WR you can at the line of scrimmage by rushing only 2, etc. Put all nickel and dime backs in the game too so you're not worried about a LB covering Tyreek Hill.

In all seriousness, you're not a football coach and you figured out the obvious on how dumb it was to allow a kick that close in. We always scratch our heads as to how this stuff happens because none of us are coaches but this shit is common sense.

I wonder how many LB's and DL were in the game for those last plays by KC before OT?
    For sure, I'd only want two legitimate linemen in there and the rest be DB's. You could even throw Diggs out there on defense if you're thin at the position. He's athletic enough to cover guys and can obviously make a play on the ball.
    Points Awarded:

hehfest gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153492

Orby, remember when he blew out his knee in the Super Bowl? Would have been a great DB.
    there will be a lot of happy Bills fans if the Bears hire him

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    there will be a lot of happy Bills fans if the Bears hire him
    Yes, Orby. Bill fans would love to see him gone.

I rarely say this. But I'm heart-broken for the Charger and Bill players. And of course, for their fans:

*The Charger HC should have figured out what was going on at the end of the Raider game. Stuff the run, BOTH teams want the clock to bleed out. At least you make the playoffs, where you've shown you can hang w/ teams like Kan City.

*Allen and the Bill mafia are celebrating after the score. Sure, it was pre-mature. It's simply a matter of Time and Space. Figure out a better strategy to bleed out that clock.

I'm guessing that Frazier told his DBs "Don't get beat deep." At least two DBs were playing 30 yards off the ball! They could have played a defense where they literally forced Mahomes to throw a 60-yard Hail Mary.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

4 man rush is no man's land in that situation....I would rather rush 2 or three, or even, five or six, but not four....

Frazier and Raheem really blew it today....Bowles and Spagnolo were not great either...

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Because on a 3 man rush the lanes are wide open and Mahomes takes off for 20 to 25 to get in FG range with a timeout to burn.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    We always scratch our heads as to how this stuff happens because none of us are coaches but this shit is common sense.
    Yeah, after the fact it seems so obvious but things like this happen time and time again. LOL.... I guess this is where the whole, "Monday morning QB" thing comes from. I mean, the coaches are the best of the best but do seem to F things up A LOT. I suppose it's just, "heat of the moment" type stuff. I agree it's frustrating but (the best) coaches just do stupid shit week after week so I guess this is just the best it can be.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Because on a 3 man rush the lanes are wide open and Mahomes takes off for 20 to 25 to get in FG range with a timeout to burn.
    No way. He would have burnt out the clock.

Even if you allowed Mahomes to complete to the 43...the kicker would have had to make a 60-yarder. If he did that, I'd tip my cap.

Those yards in between the hashes were too ez. Not like Kelce is a likely target, right?

Sorry, this was lame. Not 2nd guess, 1st guess. Frazier blew it.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Squib kick was a must there

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

worst defensive coaching I ever saw

this loser will get a head coaching job too

Wrongside

I would have had 9 db/linebackers, had two of them hold at the line of scrimmage, one hold Kelce, the other hold Tyreke, run bracket and zone.

I don't believe they put time back on the clock for a defensive penalty, do they?? (obviously, you can't end game on a defensive penalty)...Totally worth a five yard penalty....

I bet you Chiefs are practicing how to hold Chase this week, if a similar situation arises...
    Last edited by Wrongside; 01-24-22 at 09:48 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Bills secondary couldn't cover anyone so they decided to drop more players back which still back fired. Chiefs receivers were running free. Bills secondary had no answers and just simply were horrible.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bills secondary couldn't cover anyone so they decided to drop more players back which still back fired. Chiefs receivers were running free. Bills secondary had no answers and just simply were horrible.
    Ya, this is why I wanted the Bengals to play the Bills. I watched less than five minutes of this game (first half) and I said that Dane Jackson guy is a fish out of water, I'd attack him all day...Yes, there DB's were terrible, but there is still a way to play defense there with crappy DB's and not let that happen...

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Squib kick probably would have won the game

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Squib kick probably would have won the game
    Everyone keeps saying this, but if the ball pops up in the air you can fair catch it. If the ball flutters along the ground, you can kneel it, and the clock doesn't actually start until the ball is touched. So in the first case, no time would elapse, in the second case maybe one second.

I'm all for at least trying to squib it, but it doesn't guarantee the outcome. It all depends how the Chiefs play it out.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Tre'Davious White's absence caught up with the Bills. But then again, so did Mathieu's for KC.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Base defense with man coverage would have done better. KC wasn’t trying to go over the top of the defense. Linebackers dropping into coverage would have done better. But what wouldn’t work is what Buffalo actually did by not having anyone on the line of scrimmage and 15 yards back.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Players play the game and the iq of these guys is bad. They rather look cool then win...word

Wrongside

So many guys in the NFL, especially linebackers fail to understand that even in zone, you have to be looking to guard a man in a space, not a space with men in it...Don't guard grass, find work...especially if Kelce is anywhere near you...

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

What about not squib kicking

really slot of what if this gm

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    What about not squib kicking

really slot of what if this gm
    There's a lot of slots in Vegas.

Eddy Munny

Honestly Buffalo could've done anything except for what they actually did.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Honestly Buffalo could've done anything except for what they actually did.
    Yes indeed. 1,000 ways to die. The Bills combined the first 999.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Leslie Frazier was a DB?? He looks really tall. I was thinking a DL.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Leslie Frazier was a DB?? He looks really tall. I was thinking a DL.
    One of the few young players on a veteran Defense. Check out this catch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MTGrix1fEI

12 Last