1. #36
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I guess if I don’t like the slippers, I can literally go fukk myself.
    Straight from Nasher's joke book.

    Well played amigo.

  2. #37
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Straight from Nasher's joke book.

    Well played amigo.
    That is the short version. The joke is from a very famous HBO series as you all ready know Nasher. “Fa get about it”.

  3. #38
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    That is the short version. The joke is from a very famous HBO series as you all ready know Nasher. “Fa get about it”.
    Actually it's a Craig Ferguson classic, that's where I 'borrowed" it from.

    In his standup act he opens up with the gag except the punch line, that closes his show with it (punch line included this time)

    Highly effective.

    Ferguson is the most underrated comic maybe of all time.


    https://upjoke.com/craig-ferguson-jokes

  4. #39
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Actually it's a Craig Ferguson classic, that's where I 'borrowed" it from.

    In his standup act he opens up with the gag except the punch line, that closes his show with it (punch line included this time)

    Highly effective.

    Ferguson is the most underrated comic maybe of all time.


    https://upjoke.com/craig-ferguson-jokes
    Oh that’s cool & interesting I stand corrected pal.

  5. #40
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Wait a minute Tony Soprano said that joke in the early 2000’s around 2001-2002. Craig’s Fergusons show was created after that.

  6. #41
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    It can’t be a Craig Ferguson classic if it’s not his fuckin’ joke lol.

  7. #42
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Wait a minute Tony Soprano said that joke in the early 2000’s around 2001-2002. Craig’s Fergusons show was created after that.
    Ferguson was doing Drew Carey's show for a decade from like 1995.
    Standup before that.

    Drew Carey gets credit for 'discovering him.





    My favorite interview.


  8. #43
    frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-26-09
    Posts: 2,266
    Betpoints: 84

    I can do that, I'm shaving my pubs now can deliver tomorrow

  9. #44
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Ferguson was doing Drew Carey's show for a decade from like 1995.
    Standup before that.

    Drew Carey gets credit for 'discovering him.





    My favorite interview.

    Ok “I’m gonna decide to believe you”.

  10. #45
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    ^
    Don't, because I'm not positive Ferguson 'borrowed' that gag from someone else.
    I'm a gigantic fan of stand up and such, but it's 'believed' to be Craig's joke, doesn't make it so, but he gets the credit anyway.

  11. #46
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,723
    Betpoints: 1132

    I want a gift 🎁

  12. #47
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,606
    Betpoints: 5371

    Are any books giving a free half point on the whole board tomorrow? Would be nice

  13. #48
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Are any books giving a free half point on the whole board tomorrow? Would be nice
    Yeah, those hooks come in handy betting NBA.

  14. #49
    Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 12,606
    Betpoints: 5371

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, those hooks come in handy betting NBA.
    Would be a great promo to get some action going!

  15. #50
    gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-04-06
    Posts: 6,276
    Betpoints: 96

    Got a Yeti, some socks and a Bengals t-shirt

  16. #51
    nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-06
    Posts: 8,308
    Betpoints: 12

    Girl I liked in illinois said we are not on same page and have a nice life. So no jewelry for her and no gifts period

  17. #52
    manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 20,770
    Betpoints: 1909

    putting an electric hot saw together for your bare hands tree removals

    how are the broken hands doing Coach ?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  18. #53
    clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-13
    Posts: 6,748
    Betpoints: 17514

    Gifts for X-Mas. Kids only.
    Points Awarded:

    manny24 gave clockwise1965 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  19. #54
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,723
    Betpoints: 1132

    Woke up

    Nothing under the tree

    Merry Christmas
    Points Awarded:

    BT RayRay gave jjgold 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  20. #55
    BT RayRay
    BT RayRay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-18
    Posts: 662
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Only kids should get xmas gifts. Most adults if they want something, they can just go out and buy it themselves whatever they feel like it.
    Itís not about the ability to buy what you want, itís about the joy of giving. Making someone you care about happy.

  21. #56
    BT RayRay
    BT RayRay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-18
    Posts: 662
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Woke up

    Nothing under the tree

    Merry Christmas
    Itís not under your tree but Merry Christmas. Enjoy 24 hours of the Christmas Story.

  22. #57
    BT RayRay
    BT RayRay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-18
    Posts: 662
    Betpoints: 48

    I got 2 pairs of self sharpening scissors for our yankee swap Christmas exchange.

  23. #58
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    putting an electric hot saw together for your bare hands tree removals

    how are the broken hands doing Coach ?
    I have a spare freezer I'm not using if you need room for some body parts.
    Points Awarded:

    manny24 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  24. #59
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,663
    Betpoints: 6094

    Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Got a Yeti, some socks and a Bengals t-shirt
    ~~~

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  25. #60
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 29,451

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I want a gift 
    Jesus is your gift

  26. #61
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 36,667
    Betpoints: 699

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Jesus is your gift
    Thatís true!

    Itís about giving not receiving

  27. #62
    Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-25-11
    Posts: 5,466
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by BT RayRay View Post
    It’s not about the ability to buy what you want, it’s about the joy of giving. Making someone you care about happy.
    My point is receiving material items isn't really going to make most adults happy, especially when most adults have all they need and many gifts are just wasted because we're all just guessing what someone else may want or need, especially because if they really wanted it or needed it, they probably already have it. The overly commercialized aspect of the holiday is undeniable. Spending time with family is great, giving to the poor is wonderful, spoiling kids is fine, adults with means exchanging gifts is silly and wasteful in my opinion, but to each his own. Merry Christmas.

  28. #63
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,408
    Betpoints: 5024

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Woke up

    Nothing under the tree

    Merry Christmas
    You're Jewish you don't have a tree. Hanukkah you get hooked up.

    Stop wining JJ.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  29. #64
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 56,877
    Betpoints: 21552

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Jesus is your gift
    Jesus died for our sins.

    Jesus.

  30. #65
    Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-19-09
    Posts: 5,839
    Betpoints: 18212

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    My point is receiving material items isn't really going to make most adults happy, especially when most adults have all they need and many gifts are just wasted because we're all just guessing what someone else may want or need, especially because if they really wanted it or needed it, they probably already have it. The overly commercialized aspect of the holiday is undeniable. Spending time with family is great, giving to the poor is wonderful, spoiling kids is fine, adults with means exchanging gifts is silly and wasteful in my opinion, but to each his own. Merry Christmas.

    I agree with everything you've stated Foxx. I think you and I (maybe a few others) are realistic about how commercialized Christmas has become.

    I always have to remember (and wife continually mentions it), the key is to consider it a time for getting family together and give thanks for being alive with those you love. The commercial part is just extra stuff that comes with the good parts. Kind of like cranberry sauce or rolls that come with the Turkey at X-mas dinner.


    I think Jibby/Nasher were mentioning this in other posts.

First 12
Top