ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Unreal how my team can be in 11th - 12th but have no shot at cashing even if we get the final pick right, everyone above us, other than the person we can't catch, taking Georgia lol.

Ahh well, is what it is, last year I got insanely lucky to cash + a good hedge so I can't really complain despite this final pick going the absolute worst way possible. Not much to do though - without reading everyone else's mind, nothing could have done about it!

Anyone who is interested in hedging their bet (especially with the SBR Book not having a line currently), just let me know, I'm usually happy to book action to help folks out in that way.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Unreal how my team can be in 11th - 12th but have no shot at cashing even if we get the final pick right, everyone above us, other than the person we can't catch, taking Georgia lol.

Ahh well, is what it is, last year I got insanely lucky to cash + a good hedge so I can't really complain despite this final pick going the absolute worst way possible. Not much to do though - without reading everyone else's mind, nothing could have done about it!

Anyone who is interested in hedging their bet (especially with the SBR Book not having a line currently), just let me know, I'm usually happy to book action to help folks out in that way.
    Hey ArunSh: may take you up on a hedging opportunity. Let me see what happens first in the NFL Supercontest. May look to bet you about 5K in points with me taking UGA -2.5. will hit you back if viable. thx.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Arunsh, that is EXACTLY why I took Alabama. I knew that most people would take Georgia because of the slightly stale line of -2.5. That 1/2 point is real big, but it was my only shot at getting in the top 10 by going against the line move.

Sort of surprised to see the leader take Alabama too. But did you notice how Daniel Espinosa will move up hte leaderboard into the top 5 I think if Alabama covers? My worst problem is my tiebreaker. I did think that at least 3 of the top 10 would take Alabama so I took a real low tiebreaker to give me a shot winning something

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Arunsh, that is EXACTLY why I took Alabama. I knew that most people would take Georgia because of the slightly stale line of -2.5. That 1/2 point is real big, but it was my only shot at getting in the top 10 by going against the line move.

Sort of surprised to see the leader take Alabama too. But did you notice how Daniel Espinosa will move up hte leaderboard into the top 5 I think if Alabama covers? My worst problem is my tiebreaker. I did think that at least 3 of the top 10 would take Alabama so I took a real low tiebreaker to give me a shot winning something
    Yeah good thinking on your part. STR made all our picks but I would have Taken Bama as well. I though quite a few would take UGA, but not everyone in top 12 except our entry. I guess it is what it is. BOOM or BUST for STR and I. see what goes down.

playersonly69

EasyRider, I dont think that you need to worry about hedging for 5000 points. If Alabama doesnt cover then you will still win 5000 or 10,000 points anyway unless the game ends at 40-42 points (unlikely). Not even really worth the hedge. Dont take away some of your big win by hedging.

Having said that, I might hedge about 5000 points myself. I could win 50,000 in points in the total finishes at from 47 to 54. That is a good margin since it is right around the total. I could also win as little as 20,000 or so I think as well. I absolutely HATE hedging, but I guess that a hedge of 3000 points or so for me would be in order..

But then again points are not worth anything right now! It may be 6 months before we can ever cash in any points. And can you imagine that first few days when the store opens??? Guys will buy ANYthING and spend all of their points within a few days. It may take a year to get any gift cards from any points won
    Last edited by playersonly69; 01-08-22 at 04:08 AM.

Easy-Rider 66

EasyRider, I dont think that you need to worry about hedging for 5000 points. If Alabama doesnt cover then you will still win 5000 or 10,000 points anyway unless the game ends at 40-42 points (unlikely). Not even really worth the hedge. Dont take away some of your big win by hedging.

Having said that, I might hedge about 5000 points myself. I could win 50,000 in points in the total finishes at from 47 to 54. That is a good margin since it is right around the total. I could also win as little as 20,000 or so I think as well. I absolutely HATE hedging, but I guess that a hedge of 3000 points or so for me would be in order..

But then again points are not worth anything right now! It may be 6 months before we can ever cash in any points. And can you imagine that first few days when the store opens??? Guys will buy ANYthING and spend all of their points within a few days. It may take a year to get any gift cards from any points won
    yeah get your drift Player, but to soften the blow of losing $2.5K, I may drop 5K in points on UGA. The worst we due is place 9th cause of the tie breakers. Have to see how I do in the NFL Super contest and then make a decision. THX for your take.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

LT I sent you a pm but I'll post it here as well that I did send a pick in for my solo entry. I can't win anything so I understand if you can't count it but I sent both my team entry pick with Vene1616 and my solo entry pick in the same pm on Wednesday.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    LT I sent you a pm but I'll post it here as well that I did send a pick in for my solo entry. I can't win anything so I understand if you can't count it but I sent both my team entry pick with Vene1616 and my solo entry pick in the same pm on Wednesday.
    Yes guys, jrgum3 is right and I added to the sheet

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks LT I appreciate it!

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Am I correct in reading this? If Georgia wins the NC I would be in last place?

Boy that's fitting for a GTech guy.....

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

How the fukk did so many pick Georgia

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    How the fukk did so many pick Georgia
    Same reason board was all over Georgia in the SEC title game, I suppose

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JacketFan81 View Post
    Am I correct in reading this? If Georgia wins the NC I would be in last place?

Boy that's fitting for a GTech guy.....
    Imagine my disappointment when I saw you didnt pick UGA - your pick stopped me from walking with last place regardless of outcome. Crazy one of the bottom teams didnt even bother to take a guess, which opened the door for you to finish last.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

This reminds me of getting bluffed out of an empty side pot in poker.

I have to remind myself to stay calm and try to behave with class, but also

GL to everyone with a shot.
    Last edited by Ian; 01-08-22 at 09:39 PM.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    Imagine my disappointment when I saw you didnt pick UGA - your pick stopped me from walking with last place regardless of outcome. Crazy one of the bottom teams didnt even bother to take a guess, which opened the door for you to finish last.
    Dumb luck, I can assure you.

But I'd def still prefer to see Alabama win the Natty again. I love nothing more than the tears of unfathomable sadness of the Georgia football fanbase.

(Plus, I hate the incessant sound of grown ass men barking)

playersonly69

By the way, next year we should all just pick like 5 alternate games to use in case of cancellations. They would be used in the order posted no matter what the star value of the pick.

Alabama probably wont cover so it wont matter, but if they do then I DEFINITELY benefited from having 3 games cancelled. After seeing where i was in the standings, I knew that I couldnt just take all of the stale line picks. Almost ALL of the stale line picks did great but I took the opposite pick on one of them and actually won. That one pick enabled my team entry to shoot up the standings since so many other people took North Carolina.
    The North Carolina line wasnt even that bad, but it was an obvious pick for a lot of people and I chose to go opposite as it was my only chance at placing at that point. Likewise people at the bottom of the standings were taking teams that the line moved against in some of the other big games. Those were easy losses in most cases like LSU

So making alternate picks before the competition starts in the fairest way of doing things.

LT Profits

By the way, next year we should all just pick like 5 alternate games to use in case of cancellations. They would be used in the order posted no matter what the star value of the pick.

Alabama probably wont cover so it wont matter, but if they do then I DEFINITELY benefited from having 3 games cancelled. After seeing where i was in the standings, I knew that I couldnt just take all of the stale line picks. Almost ALL of the stale line picks did great but I took the opposite pick on one of them and actually won. That one pick enabled my team entry to shoot up the standings since so many other people took North Carolina.
    The North Carolina line wasnt even that bad, but it was an obvious pick for a lot of people and I chose to go opposite as it was my only chance at placing at that point. Likewise people at the bottom of the standings were taking teams that the line moved against in some of the other big games. Those were easy losses in most cases like LSU

So making alternate picks before the competition starts in the fairest way of doing things.
    Let's just see if I am still here next season first. Management and I went at it regarding Week 18 of Pick 6.

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Don't hedge for betpoints!

common sense lol

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

LT
    this last place maybe entry did pick, same PM I sent you with my picks which you have registered

but alas we also took Georgia!! damn! all it would have taken is Alabama to have a shot

MalikHusam 50%/trytrytry 50%
    01-05-22 08:20 AM
    Message Mebowl final pick. thanks for keeping the forum somewhat communicating last

the last place team competition

trytrytry/Malik287 Georgia -2.5 tie 82

Reply With QuoteReply to Private MessageForward MessageForward

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

Gonna be a worst case scenario for me, I can see it now: Georgia wins Monday night.... By 1 point lol

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    LT
    this last place maybe entry did pick, same PM I sent you with my picks which you have registered

but alas we also took Georgia!! damn! all it would have taken is Alabama to have a shot

MalikHusam 50%/trytrytry 50%
    01-05-22 08:20 AM
    Message Mebowl final pick. thanks for keeping the forum somewhat communicating last

the last place team competition

trytrytry/Malik287 Georgia -2.5 tie 82

Reply With QuoteReply to Private MessageForward MessageForward
    Got it, sorry treytry

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Is there a prize for mediocrity? Like the guy who finishes 45th out of 90 entries?

LT Profits

Mediocrity Prize is night out with JJ
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I still can’t believe all of you assholes picked UGA.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Mediocrity Prize is night out with JJ
    If I win the boob prize, I'll trade my $$ for a JJ plane ticket to Atlanta and we'll get a video from Tattletale's. He can crash in my spare bedroom!

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Does JacketFan still have a chance to get the $500 last finisher prize?

Does he need to win or lose his final pick?

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

Need to lose. I'm the only one who took Alabama down at the bottom of the rankings

This sucks, because I went to Georgia Tech and I hate fukking Georgia.
    Last edited by JacketFan81; 01-10-22 at 10:57 AM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Is there a prize for mediocrity? Like the guy who finishes 45th out of 90 entries?
    if it's any consolation, you might end up getting essentially the same as 4th-9th

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    if it's any consolation, you might end up getting essentially the same as 4th-9th
    Ha ha..you are right!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

2nd place

I’ll take that

Congrats Mike1234

And everybody else who cashed

mike1234
    ??
    mike1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17389

That pick 6 could have screwed me. Sweated it out.

Congrats everyone and thank you SBR.

jmtbdj
    jmtbdj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8656

Fun sweat, really awesome contest

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Congrats to those who won and thanks SBR for running this contest again it's always a fun contest and probably my favorite out of all the numerous contests on SBR throughout the year.

Easy-Rider 66

Yeah congrats to the winners and THX to SBR and LT for running the Contest.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: str

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    2nd place

I’ll take that

Congrats Mike1234

And everybody else who cashed
    Nice... Congrats guys!!!

First ... 56789 Last