TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

I’ve had some humongous scores in my days. 6 figures 4 diff times. 5 figure scores 50+ times including poker ( retired). If I had just feverishly put every deposit in a savings account there would definitely be over a million chillen on ice. Dumb thing to think about, but it’s true. I love gambling though. Life’s too short to only be stashing acorns in the tree for winter. We gotta eat. Just do it responsibly and for entertainment value. You’ll never consistently pay the bills in this field. Way too much luck involved. The best gamblers have brutal years. It’s being able to survive that cold streak that separates most degens. Good luck guys....

Bengals ml all in
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave TheMetsSuck 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    I’ve had some humongous scores in my days. 6 figures 4 diff times. 5 figure scores 50+ times including poker ( retired). If I had just feverishly put every deposit in a savings account there would definitely be over a million chillen on ice. Dumb thing to think about, but it’s true. I love gambling though. Life’s too short to only be stashing acorns in the tree for winter. We gotta eat. Just do it responsibly and for entertainment value. You’ll never consistently pay the bills in this field. Way too much luck involved. The best gamblers have brutal years. It’s being able to survive that cold streak that separates most degens. Good luck guys....

Bengals ml all in
    I hear ya mate. Took me a long time to figure out. I now earn four times as much as the human that was betting 200-2000 a game yet I still get the same buzz now betting 20-50. Actually find it more enjoyable putting my little peanut deposits in and earning something nice if I win and don't care when I lose. Started in the game early 20's now almost 40.

I'd be on the edge of my seat sweating a four figure bet now even though I can afford it, but back then it wasn't a big deal.

*And yeah I guess it's annoying to think I've given the books a house along the way but I'm a big believer in no looking back, there's always a way and the past is just that, the past.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 09-30-21 at 12:35 AM.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

It’s being able to survive that cold streak that separates most degens.

say no more

TheMetsSuck

I dominated a pokerstars tourney from beginning until the finish line. Big stack 12 inch rooster flapping like a dogs tail. Got to heads up with a 5 to 1 chip advantage. Took a few unlucky beats to make it 60:40 in my favor. After 8+ hrs I was ready to call it. Guy called me a roosterlicker Pussy he’d easily beat and refused a chop. Lost an al in with the higher pocket pair and eventually Lost. I had just won a small fortune, but felt like I had lost 50k by not coming in first after being the big stack for hours. I put all my winnings in the highest stake cash game there was and was still short sacked big time.. got pocket rockets second hand and was bullied all in. Obviously had to call this preflop. Rainbow flop where I lost to a runner runner flush. 10 hours of great poker play for nothing lol. That’s when I decided to give that part of gambling up.

Only sports betting now. Control your own destiny. Cleanup in poker vs moron friends in real life and on vacay live only now

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

I dominated a pokerstars tourney from beginning until the finish line. Big stack 12 inch rooster flopping like a dogs tail. Got to heads up with a 5 to 1 chip advantage. Took a few unlucky beats to make it 60:40 in my favor. After 8+ hrs I was ready to call it. Guy called me a roosterlicker Pussy he’d easily beat and refused. Lost an al in with the higher pocket pair and eventually Lost. I had just won a small fortune, but felt like I had lost 50k by not coming in first after being the big stack for hours. I put all my winnings in the highest stake cash game there was and was still short sacked big time.. got pocket rockets second hand and was bullied all in. Obviously had to call this preflop. Rainbow flop where I lost to a runner runner flush. 10 hours of great poker play for nothing lol. That’s when I decided to give that part of gambling up.

Only sports betting now. Control your own destiny. Cleanup in poker vs moron friends in real life and on vacay live only now

TheMetsSuck

Lol I got a chuckle out of that also. I’m hamboned. Can’t believe I won my big Dodgers bet tonight. Gods be good

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

You don't have to be a gambler to think of all the money that you gave away. You could be a regular schmo, a mechanic, or grocery store manager, or whatever. You think of all the money you pissed away on stupid shitte. Alcohol. Restaurant meals, instead of eating at home. Movie theaters instead of waiting until they were on t.v. Taking a plane for vacation instead of driving somewhere closer. Going on a cruise. If we would just live a little more frugally, we could all retire and be comfortable instead of hoping that Social Security and Medicare will still be there.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

great post Metsucker we can all relate

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Dang Mets you were a big gambler

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

One of my favorite posters. Guy is here to talk gambling and has some sane thought on life issues as well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tremendous post I feel sorry for people that think they can win