magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7055

How Many of You Would Actually Bet This?

So under a few of the NFL games, DraftKings had a "DK Promotion" tab.. for example, it had Mahomes throwing 1+ passing TDs at -900. Sunday night, I saw one on the Ravens game.

"Lamar Jackson over 0.5 completions" -10000

The only way you lose, basically, is an injury on the first play.

I ended up betting it. I didn't bet the Mahomes prop though I was tempted.. should have.

Would you?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

how much did you bet?

Preds13
    Preds13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2014

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    So under a few of the NFL games, DraftKings had a "DK Promotion" tab.. for example, it had Mahomes throwing 1+ passing TDs at -900. Sunday night, I saw one on the Ravens game.

I ended up betting it. I didn't bet the Mahomes prop though I was tempted.. should have.

Would you?
    That bet and others like it main purpose is for randomly targeted bonuses for people who haven’t played in a while , one of my boys got one on that exact game , Lamar over 0.5 completions boosted to +100 , max bet $100. They are even listed under DK promotions tab.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47489

No I would not bet it. Great, you win a few dollars or cents...but you lose the farm if the QB gets injured early on. The risk is not worth the reward.

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    how much did you bet?
    Enough to almost make $200
    Quote Originally Posted by Preds13 View Post
    That bet and others like it main purpose is for randomly targeted bonuses for people who haven’t played in a while , one of my boys got one on that exact game , Lamar over 0.5 completions boosted to +100 , max bet $100. They are even listed under DK promotions tab.
    Right, I've seen many boosts over the years. I've also seen promos that are only promos in other states, but still show up, just without boosted odds. Like this one. I assumed it was still a max capped bet play, but it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    No I would not bet it. Great, you win a few dollars or cents...but you lose the farm if the QB gets injured early on. The risk is not worth the reward.
    Sure, there's risk. Risk in every single bet that isn't one of those DK promo locks or something like those. But how many instances can you think of where a starting QB gets hurt and out for good before completing one pass? In odds terms, probably even better (or worse, depending on your use of the terms) than -10000.

JAKEPEAVY21

Enough to almost make $200

Right, I've seen many boosts over the years. I've also seen promos that are only promos in other states, but still show up, just without boosted odds. Like this one. I assumed it was still a max capped bet play, but it was not.

Sure, there's risk. Risk in every single bet that isn't one of those DK promo locks or something like those. But how many instances can you think of where a starting QB gets hurt and out for good before completing one pass? In odds terms, probably even better (or worse, depending on your use of the terms) than -10000.
    If you like those type of bets, Brock Landers or otters might be posters that you want to tail.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

magpie878

If you like those type of bets, Brock Landers or otters might be posters that you want to tail.
    First of all, "like" isn't the right word. But I did it.

I get this type of bet isn't for everyone, that's why I was curious who'd actually do it. But this also isn't some "pick a side" or "taking a heavy favorite" or "team total that seems easy" bet... it's ONE completion from a top QB and the only way to lose is pretty much first-play of the game injury. Again, how often does that happen? Can you name a time?

Anyway, easy money with high risk. And I've sweated out bets before for much lesser money.. no anxiety on that one.

JAKEPEAVY21

First of all, "like" isn't the right word. But I did it.

I get this type of bet isn't for everyone, that's why I was curious who'd actually do it. But this also isn't some "pick a side" or "taking a heavy favorite" or "team total that seems easy" bet... it's ONE completion from a top QB and the only way to lose is pretty much first-play of the game injury. Again, how often does that happen? Can you name a time?

Anyway, easy money with high risk. And I've sweated out bets before for much lesser money.. no anxiety on that one.
    Congrats but no upside in my eyes.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11873

Picking up pennies in front of a steamroller

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol idiots invest a ton to win pennies

magpie878

Regardless of insults, I'm still waiting for the last time, if anyone can name it, that a good starting QB ended with under 0.5 completions.

Odds should have been -100000.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave magpie878 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

but wut if he doesnt play do u lose or is it a push

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

so u bet almost $20,000 to win almost $200... in no universe does this make any logical sense to me

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Where is SEAWEED? He loves this kind of wagering.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is the type of wager that people who just have to try and make a name for themselves make. Only children would bother to even post this garbage.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is the type of wager that people who just have to try and make a name for themselves make. Only children would bother to even post this garbage.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16976

i think that bet is probably a good bet. i doubt there is an average of 1 qb every 4 weeks in the nfl getting hurt before they complete a pass. most gamblers are looking for big returns though so they wont bet that.

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    but wut if he doesnt play do u lose or is it a push
    Any prop with DK, the player has to play. Void otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    so u bet almost $20,000 to win almost $200... in no universe does this make any logical sense to me
    Well, trying a google search quickly earlier, I found zero instances of a quality starter getting under 0.5 completions, even when they ended with a zero passer rating. I actually didn't find under 0.5 for crappy QBs either. So for something that possibly has never happened, why not take the easy money?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Another quality post from the lifelong miserable human being. I post occasionally. I'm not making any name for myself, I was genuinely curious on people's thoughts.. and I don't go around insulting them when I don't agree. Par for the course with you, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    i think that bet is probably a good bet. i doubt there is an average of 1 qb every 4 weeks in the nfl getting hurt before they complete a pass. most gamblers are looking for big returns though so they wont bet that.
    As I said above, I couldn't even find one instance of this happening. The probability makes it a good bet, the odds just scare most people away.

Would someone bet -10000 on "Will you die tomorrow at -10000 no" or are the odds too scary?

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Carson Palmer CIN 1 1 66 0 0 0 0 66 118.7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Very Close, 2006

Steve Young also injured in 1st quarter vs Bucs

Trying to think if there's others

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Found one, Phil Simms

117 1989 1989-10-30 8 8 33.361 NYG MIN W 24-14 * 0 1 0.00 0 0 0 39.6 1 5 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

JAKEPEAVY21

You asked for input and many have given their thoughts.

It's a foolish bet in my eyes but you do you sir...

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    Found one, Phil Simms

117 1989 1989-10-30 8 8 33.361 NYG MIN W 24-14 * 0 1 0.00 0 0 0 39.6 1 5 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Thanks! So over 30 years. I appreciate you looking harder than I did. I'll bet again on a 30+ year occurrence, probably, if I see one like that again.
    You asked for input and many have given their thoughts.

It's a foolish bet in my eyes but you do you sir...
    I know, and I appreciate everyone who chimed in with thoughts. I just don't know why there needs to be insults, though why would I expect any differently?

So.. if anyone is still reading this... and this instance hasn't happened since Simms in '89, shouldn't (yes, this was a "promo" somewhere) the odds be even worse than -10000?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Picking up pennies in front of a steamroller
    Such a great analogy!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Rabiddog33
    Rabiddog33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8297

Eli Manning had a game where he didn't complete a pass is rookie year it was against the Ravens defense. When Ray Lewis and gang were playing.

Where did you place this bet?

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Good bet

Odds should be much shorter

JAKEPEAVY21

Thanks! So over 30 years. I appreciate you looking harder than I did. I'll bet again on a 30+ year occurrence, probably, if I see one like that again.

I know, and I appreciate everyone who chimed in with thoughts. I just don't know why there needs to be insults, though why would I expect any differently?

So.. if anyone is still reading this... and this instance hasn't happened since Simms in '89, shouldn't (yes, this was a "promo" somewhere) the odds be even worse than -10000?
    Not sure there are as many insults as posters just saying it's not a smart bet. You obviously think different so keep firing away. Good luck hopefully you don't bury yourself with the high juice "lock" bets.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29030

i always thought those markets were for other states that had promos running on those specific wagers or something, and they just don't show the boost to _100 or whtever cause it wasn't offered in my area...

never crossed my mind anybody would consider betting -9000s.....well besides Otters obv

jjgold

Draftkings is very innovative actually more than any book

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by Rabiddog33 View Post
    Eli Manning had a game where he didn't complete a pass is rookie year it was against the Ravens defense. When Ray Lewis and gang were playing.
    Where did you place this bet?
    As I said in post #1, DraftKings. And I looked up Manning's stats from that game on ESPN and it says he was 4 for 18.

Not sure there are as many insults as posters just saying it's not a smart bet. You obviously think different so keep firing away. Good luck hopefully you don't bury yourself with the high juice "lock" bets.
    Like I said, I appreciate EVERY reply that's not an insult, and there's only been two... indirectly calling me a child and idiot. I expected many to say the bet is foolish or dumb or whatever. That's great, that's feedback about the BET, not me. But each to his own. This was the first bet of this kind I'd done or seen. I would absolutely never take a side on odds like that.. or even a team total or anything like that. Again, my opinion was the odds were way off and an easy way to make a couple hundred. That's not pennies to me. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    i always thought those markets were for other states that had promos running on those specific wagers or something, and they just don't show the boost to _100 or whtever cause it wasn't offered in my area...
    never crossed my mind anybody would consider betting -9000s.....well besides Otters obv
    You're correct and I think I said something like that earlier. It's a promo from elsewhere but shows up without the boost. Otters picks sides and totals and stuff. Never seen him do a prop like this one.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Would you?
    landers and otters specialty. absolutely not.