stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Ohhhh he went cool story bro on him

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Cool story bro. If you're so confident LT, post your ticket kind of like this..
    I already said I stopped making series/future plays, but I suspect I will be making many Milwaukee game bets during this series

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Ohhhh he went cool story bro on him

ThanksForTheFade
    ThanksForTheFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1864

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I'm just reacting to your post that said Nets have been terrible defensively this season, when in fact they basically played a D league roster for 70% of the year. So I don't really see how we can assess their defense.

We all saw what Damian Lillard did last night. 55 points on 24 shots. There's 1 player on the Blazers who can do that. There are 3 players on the Nets who can do that. They're not as clutch as my guy Dame Dollar, but they stlll have the best player in the world. Been saying KD is the best in the world for years now. He's as automatic as they come.

Anyway this should be a good series. Just don't underestimate the value of having 3 perennial closers on a team. That's never happened before in NBA history to my knowledge. So like. you say a bad defensive team like the Nets has never won a ring in history, history also has never seen this put together.

The main concern here is that are they gonna have chemistry issues when the grind gets tough, and maybe they go down in a series. We shall see.
    Durant being a perennial closer is an okay point. Harden? LOL.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheFade View Post
    Durant being a perennial closer is an okay point. Harden? LOL.
    An okay point? Durant is arguably one of the greatest closers in the history of the game.

Harden has never played on a team where he's the number 2 or even 3 option in crunch time. He's always shouldered the load. He had the Rockets 1 game away from the nba finals playing against the best team ever assembled.

If you play basketball, you understand how much easier it is to close when you get to go against 1 on 1 coverage instead of having all eyes on you every single play. Why do you think Lebron only won when he went with D Wade? He joined forces with the best closer in the game at the time after Bryant. And he went to 4 straight finals and won 2 rings. Lebron couldn't win a ring when it was just him vs. 5 GS warriors players when Irving was hurt. Irving comes back the next year, and not even that great of an Irving, just a soliid all star version, and Lebron wins a ring.

The NBA is all about who can get their own shot when the going gets tough in the playoffs. The only hesitation I have about this team is that they haven't played games together. Harden is arguably a better basketball player than Giannis by himself. The Bucks big 3 vs. the Nets big 3 is laughable in terms of talent and skill. They are smoked at every position.

ThanksForTheFade

An okay point? Durant is arguably one of the greatest closers in the history of the game.

Harden has never played on a team where he's the number 2 or even 3 option in crunch time. He's always shouldered the load. He had the Rockets 1 game away from the nba finals playing against the best team ever assembled.

If you play basketball, you understand how much easier it is to close when you get to go against 1 on 1 coverage instead of having all eyes on you every single play. Why do you think Lebron only won when he went with D Wade? He joined forces with the best closer in the game at the time after Bryant. And he went to 4 straight finals and won 2 rings. Lebron couldn't win a ring when it was just him vs. 5 GS warriors players when Irving was hurt. Irving comes back the next year, and not even that great of an Irving, just a soliid all star version, and Lebron wins a ring.

The NBA is all about who can get their own shot when the going gets tough in the playoffs. The only hesitation I have about this team is that they haven't played games together. Harden is arguably a better basketball player than Giannis by himself. The Bucks big 3 vs. the Nets big 3 is laughable in terms of talent and skill. They are smoked at every position.
    Harden better than Giannis. Lol. If that were even close to true then the series price would be -1000 or more

Doug tushyterror

Perfectly stated GM. Unreal how people even overrate Middleton. Put him on an average team he's not even Wesley Person..just compare their career stats.

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I already said I stopped making series/future plays, but I suspect I will be making many Milwaukee game bets during this series
    Curious as to why you stopped betting series/futures?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Curious as to why you stopped betting series/futures?
    Mainly because it fukked with my head when deciding to bet a game later in the series due to paying too much attention to where my series play stood, so I chose to just focus on daily plays like I do all season.

bryant81
    Update your status

Agree with pretty much all you said. Also, Milwaukee gave up the THIRD most 3 point attemps to opponents on the season, and gave up the SECOND highest 3p% to opponents. That's a terrible recipe defensively against this Nets team. Brook Lopez is a huge part of their defense but he drops back heavy in the pick and roll and encourages jumpers. Against guys like KD, Harden, Kyrie, that's not going to work. They are literally 3 of the best off the dribble shooters EVER to play the game. Whoever is defending them would need to go over the screen and stick to their hip to take away step backs, etc. Otherwise it's open jumper for them anytime because Lopez ain't coming out to the perimeter. And Joe Harris surrounding that is just unfair. Nets' worst shot typically is a decent/good shot for other teams. They generate GREAT looks at an insane rate. This is by far the most offensive firepower a team has ever had, especially with how the coach plays them (pace and space, pick and roll, small ball).

On the other end, Nets don't have some great single answer for Giannis but they will sag off him and make him take more jumpers. In the last two games he played the Nets, he took 8 threes and 12 threes. I don't really trust his jumper especially as you get deeper into a series/playoffs. In crunch time, Giannis with the ball in his hands often doesn't produce good offense. Which means he's better served off-ball as a screener. To me that significantly reduces their ceiling in crunch time as the Jrue and Middleton have to do more ball handling than normal. And Jrue and Middleton vs. Harden/KD/Kyrie in crunch time is not close.

IMO Bucks probably need to go up 3-1 to win the series as I think they are more prepared coming into series (clicking + experience together). I don't think that happens though. If it's 2-2 after 4 games, I think Nets will probably be playing their highest level by that point and it'll be tough for Bucks IMO.

bryant81
    Update your status

Mainly because it fukked with my head when deciding to bet a game later in the series due to paying too much attention to where my series play stood, so I chose to just focus on daily plays like I do all season.
    Got ya. Yeah actually I stopped betting series + futures for the same reason, so was just curious to see if you had the same though process.

scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2352

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheFade View Post
    Harden better than Giannis. Lol. If that were even close to true then the series price would be -1000 or more
    You can't take Goat seriously, he put money on the Blazers winning the West when they have the worst defense in the league.

I'll take the Bucks big 3 over the Nets big 3. Kyrie is a huge liability on defense. While the Nets can't rebound.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

Nets in 6.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Your nets season stats are irrelevant. The big 3 played like 4 games together this year. None of those stats hold any significance at all. The NBA is not a plug in league. You're talking about 3 of the best players of this entire generation. You can't just extrapolate data to account for that.
    All 3 are losers that never won anything leading themselves.
    Far from the best.

Without Lebron and Warriors they have zero rings.

Helps that the NBA is beyond a joke right now so they could possibly win with this garbage ball.

ThanksForTheFade

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post
    You can't take Goat seriously, he put money on the Blazers winning the West when they have the worst defense in the league.

I'll take the Bucks big 3 over the Nets big 3. Kyrie is a huge liability on defense. While the Nets can't rebound.
    Yeah I agree, however I disagree about taking the bucks 3 over nets. I just think bucks are in really good form and have better depth past their top 3, also a huge coaching mismatch

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

It's round 2 of the playoffs.

James Harden will dissapear soon. Irving is still living off that game 7 shot. Kd will then have to win it by himself.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post

Cool.

Let's see who's right.

I took a stab at a +3600 play and if it loses, then my plays suck right? Have you ever hit a +5000 bet in your life? I have several times. And I've posted one on this site.

I'll be back here to collect when this series is over.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's round 2 of the playoffs.

James Harden will dissapear soon. Irving is still living off that game 7 shot. Kd will then have to win it by himself.
    A guy who averaged 28 7 and 11 in the first round is just going to "disappear?"

Seems you're not thinking unbiasedly. You don't want to apply your "loser logic" to the Bucks and Giannis, who have never won anything before?

Harden came within 1 game of the finals playing against what is undoubtedly considered the best squad ever assembled. He did that as the number 1 option, and all the attention on him. You can say he's going to struggle a bit but disappear? Harden isn't suddenly going to average 13 pts a game and 5 assists for a series. That would be considered "disappear."

There's a difference LB between the pressure he has now, and what he did before when he couldn't deliver.

James never won anything on his own. He won 2 rings with Wade when that pressure was allieviated.

Remember when people were telling me the Bulls (best defense in the league, best rebounding team in the league, MVP on their team, scrappiest team) would going to kill the Heat in the ECF? And the won game 1 and everyone said the series was over.

Bulls lost the next 4 games in a row.

This kind of reminds me of that right now, with everyone on this thread trying to be smart thinking they found "the better team with more heart."

I will never forget all the posters who were on the Bulls in that series. 90% of this forum.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

I won't be able to back Bucks unless it's say a do or die game 3 at home down 0-2... Nets may play a sloppy game in that spot

if Bucks steal game 1 i will probably be jumping on the Nets series

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Laker Your handicapping has been way off you cannot be trusted

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Even better lol

I haven't made series/future bets in a while preferring to just bet game by game, but if I still was Milwaukee would be the only option at the odds.
    Me too, pretty much.

Sometimes I'll take a big dog and sell back at times through the series.

But not often.

When I realized many of my future bets were with the intent of hedging some assumed matchups I realized I wasn't buying them for the edge I used try to calculate, I was buying them for potential future value that I would sell back anyway.

Not a good long term strategy, lol.

I do it in golf with discretionary funds too, more than I'd like to...lol.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

That is exactly my point, that style of play does NOT fly in playoffs. No team as EVER won an NBA Championship that was as bad defensively as the Nets have been this season. And they won't "score at will" vs. better defenses.
    True but no team has had three players blow it up like this when it comes to scoring in the playoffs in a really long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nets advance here.

You might win some of those Milwaukee spread bets you make, as the public is likely to push that line out of whack.

But when it comes to the moneyline LT, keep your head on a swivel.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    True but no team has had three players blow it up like this when it comes to scoring in the playoffs in a really long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nets advance here.

You might win some of those Milwaukee spread bets you make, as the public is likely to push that line out of whack.

But when it comes to the moneyline LT, keep your head on a swivel.

I don't think it's ever happened before. There's never been 3 perennial top 5 NBA scorers on one team before. James Harden led the NBA in scoring every year for like 5 years. Now he's the number 2, sometimes even number 3 option on that team.

GL Bucks backers with Khris Middleton.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Close to never happened, they tied a record.

Durant, Irving and Harden combined for 104 points. That was an NBA playoff record for three teammates.

Havlicek, Jo Jo White, and Dave Cowens set the record in 1973.

In 1986 Dominique Wilkins, Randy Whitman, and Spud Webb also tied the record.

That's what I was thinking of specifically when I posted it.

Nets could prove to be a different animal when backed into a corner, if backed into a corner.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't think it's ever happened before. There's never been 3 perennial top 5 NBA scorers on one team before. James Harden led the NBA in scoring every year for like 5 years. Now he's the number 2, sometimes even number 3 option on that team.

GL Bucks backers with Khris Middleton.
    Yeah, when it comes to big three's this is a pretty prolific scoring big three.

They could make even more history.

Goat Milk

Close to never happened, they tied a record.

Durant, Irving and Harden combined for 104 points. That was an NBA playoff record for three teammates.

Havlicek, Jo Jo White, and Dave Cowens set the record in 1973.

In 1986 Dominique Wilkins, Randy Whitman, and Spud Webb also tied the record.

That's what I was thinking of specifically when I posted it.

Nets could prove to be a different animal when backed into a corner, if backed into a corner.

Oh. Yeah I was referring more to have 3 guys who can each essentially lead the NBA in scoring on their own if they played on shitty teams like Beal or Curry. And they definitely would, we've seen it with KD, with Harden year after year, and with Kyrie briefly when he was more or less solo being a top 5 scorer. Spud Webb lol.

Anyway we'll see what happens. The people who are betting against the nets are saying "harden is a loser." No one on the bucks has ever won shit last time I checked.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, the sum of those other trios I mentioned overall nothing like the trio we have today.

I just hope as the playoffs advance everyone is healthy.

Tired of losing some of the best ballers to injury here in the playoffs.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

Has anyone mentioned the fact that Donte DiVincenzo is out for the rest of the playoffs? That matters. It's one less weapon in the Bucks' arsenal against an opponent they're gonna have to trade punches with for 48 minutes.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the fact that Donte DiVincenzo is out for the rest of the playoffs? That matters. It's one less weapon in the Bucks' arsenal against an opponent they're gonna have to trade punches with for 48 minutes.
    We're talking basketball here Eddie.

The box fighting thread is down the hall, just past soccer, to the left...

Eddy Munny

We're talking basketball here Eddie.

The box fighting thread is down the hall, just past soccer, to the left...

I know a thing or two about basketball, KVB.

This is my Aunt Tilly on Memorial Day dazzling the family with her roundball prowess.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah Eddie, but what do you know about Box Fighting?

Doug tushyterror

Eddy Munny

Yeah Eddie, but what do you know about Box Fighting?

That armory doesn't appear to be flame retardant.

I would defeat those troops with a Zippo and a Super Soaker filled with lighter fluid.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

That armory doesn't appear to be flame retardant.

I would defeat those troops with a Zippo and a Super Soaker filled with lighter fluid.

Points Awarded:

Eddy Munny gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Divencenzo is significant to Milwaukee's chances, not betting anything here. Milwaukee or nothing. My preseason sixers future is toast along with embiids meniscus. Can't even hedge in the eastern conference finals like I was planning on with them

First 123 Last