Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153384

Islanders

are they planning to lose in the 1st round? the only team they can beat up on is the Rags.

how do you blow consecutive 2-goal leads in the 3rd period on B2B nights against the Sabres who rolled out a goalie from the ECHL who hadn't even played any organized hockey in over a year?

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Playoffs a different story. Players just trying to stay healthy at this point.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Thats why I havent figured NHL out. Who can?

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10304

They are experimenting with different line combinations, since they lost their Captain Anders Lee awhile back, their Power Play Percentage and 1st line output has dropped so they are trying to figure it out. The trade for the 2 players from the Devils to help compensate hasn't filled the void yet. It's going to be a grind to come out of that division and the team that does will be battle tested.

Unrivaled

All you need to know is the Hurricanes are winning the cup.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1452

They don’t lose at home. 25-3-3 or something stupid like that. Gritty D. Nassau Colliseum will be rocking for it’s final games ever. Don’t count this team out. They could easily do what they did last year...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    All you need to know is the Hurricanes are winning the cup.
    They are? I haven't followed hockey much.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tampa
    Vs

Vegas or Colorado

Why even play playoffs?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Sometimes a brand new goalie from the minors has the same affect as a pitcher from the minors that no one has seen yet, not much tape on them and difficult to figure out at first.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

not sure. they have not looked really good the last couple of weeks excluding my shit rangers. something has to be going on cause they were playing well after the lee injury and then went into this funk. they keep costing me $$$ lately also. laying a goal and a half and can't even win the game.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Sometimes a brand new goalie from the minors has the same affect as a pitcher from the minors that no one has seen yet, not much tape on them and difficult to figure out at first.
    ^^^^
    I've seen this many times over the years.

Most likely though regarding the Isles last night is that they know they are going to the playoffs and intensity levels vs non playoff teams like Buff wanes.

Sabres, Senators and the other bad teams do the most damage late in the season vs the better teams because the number of games left is few and many players are auditioning for next years roster and there is zero pressure on the team as a whole because the expectation is that they will lose so they play loose and they play with intensity.

Playoff bound teams are risk averse. Don't count on the better team to win when they are not playing for anything.

I watched last nights game and the Sabres were relentless on the forecheck. Isles much less so.

Still I agree, blowing a 3-1 twice is a bad look.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

You Canadian Icon

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    You Canadian Icon
    Exactement!

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They are? I haven't followed hockey much.
    Gut feeling, they matchup well against Florida and hard to go deep back to back for Tampa.

They likely just have to beat Nashville and then one of the other 2 to get to conference finals.

With the other 3 divisions, I don't think a Canadian team is winning. The other 2 will be blood baths with lots of good teams.

Got Hurricanes at 17 to 1 a while ago and they are currently 6 to 1 on a few sites.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Unrivaled 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Isles picked a bad time to play like shit.They have the team but can;t do a thing recently

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

just lost at home to the tanking and seriously depleted Devils. they keep one upping themselves

Unrivaled

It doesn't matter who they end up playing. Washington and Pittsburgh are both dangerous.

No need to play hard.

pologq

they look nothing like a high caliber team

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Barzal is not a no.1 center.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    just lost at home to the tanking and seriously depleted Devils. they keep one upping themselves
    Devil's red hot last little bit.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

they had lost 10 in a row before beating the equally horrible Flyers which isn't saying much

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11600

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    are they planning to lose in the 1st round? the only team they can beat up on is the Rags.

how do you blow consecutive 2-goal leads in the 3rd period on B2B nights against the Sabres who rolled out a goalie from the ECHL who hadn't even played any organized hockey in over a year?
    Sorry brother, but this is clueless take. Isles ripped up the Rangers to snag the bid and are just playing out the schedule. The records of Lou Lamoriello / Barry Trotz preparing for the postseason speak for themselves both with and prior to the Isles.

I honestly think what keeps them from being a top contender for the Cup was losing Anders Lee. What fans feared was that he would be hard to replace - the stats have since shown that.

Unrivaled

Islanders will turn it up in the playoffs. Series should be close no matter who they play.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Islanders will turn it up in the playoffs. Series should be close no matter who they play.
    I disagree.

They will lose in the 1st round.

They don't have the offense to keep up with the Caps or Pens. There defensive concepts have also slipped as of late.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Hey Orby, I don't think they are playing for anything anyway. Maybe they could move up one spot? I don't know. To me, with nearly no crowds, neutral sites, etc. And the fact they start out auto-play inside division first 2 rounds playoffs like old times.........they probably are resting up and taking it easy.

Bye the way Orby, thanks for the IPTV info. Got it up and running. Dude, I started laughing my ass off right after, as I scrolled down every dam sports game going on.......then thought of how I will pay 1/10th of what I did with DirectTV. Thumbs UP Roy!

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Hey Orby, I don't think they are playing for anything anyway. Maybe they could move up one spot? I don't know. To me, with nearly no crowds, neutral sites, etc. And the fact they start out auto-play inside division first 2 rounds playoffs like old times.........they probably are resting up and taking it easy.

Bye the way Orby, thanks for the IPTV info. Got it up and running. Dude, I started laughing my ass off right after, as I scrolled down every dam sports game going on.......then thought of how I will pay 1/10th of what I did with DirectTV. Thumbs UP Roy!
    cool, which service did you end up going with and are you running it straight from your tv or a separate device like a fire stick?

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    I disagree.

They will lose in the 1st round.

They don't have the offense to keep up with the Caps or Pens. There defensive concepts have also slipped as of late.
    Probably will lose but I give them a 30 to 35% chance.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Caps lose in the 1st round. You heard it here 1st.

pologq

I think the Bruins with Taylor Hall are dangerous as they are getting hot.

I could see Penguins and Bruins advancing depending on how the seeding falls of course.

Unrivaled

Sharp.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Very sharp