JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Can we trust Brock Purdy going forward?

He looked a bit shakey in these playoffs so far even with getting the wins.. Hmmm?

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 799

The wins you say plural interesting.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

No but it will not matter this coming weekend.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2146

Exactly! Don’t need to trust him at all this weekend. He has Run CMC and a great defense. Plus, watch Goff self-destruct on his return to Bay Area!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

BP is proven 'Game manager.'

He doesn't make dopey mistakes.
    Goff, a terrific cannon but prone to the pick.

I'm starting to think this game depends on Goff not getting picked.

I trust Purdy more than I trust Goff, and I like Goff and not a Brock fanboy.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

He will fold like a cheap tent

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Lions +7

Purdy is not him.

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 799

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Lions +7

Purdy is not him.
    Crusherrr the contest king a rare play posted by him, love to see it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No but it will not matter this coming weekend.
    I was thinking past this weekend and the Superbowl match up mostly. I do think SF gets past the Lions but after that Purdy could throw a few picks in the Bowl round especially if SF gets down early and Purdy needs to press. I don't trust him. Too young and not fully tested yet.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Not so sure, but the Lions are shaping up as a real "live" dog. Perhaps, the largest "live" dog I can recall in a conference championship game. All over social media they are picking the Lions as well. That line should drop down to 6 to get more action on the 9ers.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Not so sure, but the Lions are shaping up as a real "live" dog. Perhaps, the largest "live" dog I can recall in a conference championship game. All over social media they are picking the Lions as well. That line should drop down to 6 to get more action on the 9ers.
    If the line hits six points I'll be on SF for a nickel, and I'm only an 80 - 160 bettor, I'm what you call a tight bettor.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

A QB is only as good as the players at his disposal. Is Mcaffrey 100% , Deebo 100% ?

GBay had a chance to beat them last week. Now Detroit comes in and gets 7 points ? Even if SF were healthy , 7 points seems a bit much to me

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Detroit getting Houston back. Purdy is in trouble

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Detroit getting Houston back. Purdy is in trouble
    That's funny. Acting like James Houston is a star or something.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He looked a bit shakey in these playoffs so far even with getting the wins.. Hmmm?

So the one game he's played in these playoffs? The one with the wet ball for half the game ( which yes he struggles with )? The one where when the game was mostly dried up he led a game winning td drive despite his coach having an affinity for calling awful awful 4th quarters when trailing in games? Yeah not so worried about trusting him... Now the guy on the other side, who sees ghosts the second he is hit, prob worried about him with half of his IOL hurt.

These posts are like blog click bait at this point. Must be applying for JJ's old job.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    BP is proven 'Game manager.'

He doesn't make dopey mistakes.
    Goff, a terrific cannon but prone to the pick.

I'm starting to think this game depends on Goff not getting picked.

I trust Purdy more than I trust Goff, and I like Goff and not a Brock fanboy.
    Goff will throw a couple picks. Lions might cover and if I would place a bet, I would DK it with Lions. That said, Lions ain’t winning this game.

I don’t need to put money on this game as the real money maker is Chiefs +170 or higher! Taylor Swift won’t be denied. NFL/CBS is going get it done.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    So the one game he's played in these playoffs? The one with the wet ball for half the game ( which yes he struggles with )? The one where when the game was mostly dried up he led a game winning td drive despite his coach having an affinity for calling awful awful 4th quarters when trailing in games? Yeah not so worried about trusting him... Now the guy on the other side, who sees ghosts the second he is hit, prob worried about him with half of his IOL hurt.

These posts are like blog click bait at this point. Must be applying for JJ's old job.
    SF was lucky to win that last game and beat the Rams. Purdy threw up a few lame ducks that should have been picked off. Purdy can't be trusted. Goff more proven in playoff games. Lions could cover the 7 points.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

Big 49ers fan and I really have enjoyed watching Purdy achieve such high success after coming into the league as Mr. Irrelevant.

That being said, the 49ers have not looked like one of the best teams since they got smoked by the Ravens on Christmas day. They did follow up with a win against the lowly Commanders, but they have not shown me a game where they absolutely dominated the other team.

I can't for the life of me figure out how the Lions are getting 7 points, especially with Deebo not 100%.

My only hope is we get good weather at Levi's, and this line is a trap for the dogs.

Go Niners!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    I don’t need to put money on this game as the real money maker is Chiefs +170 or higher! Taylor Swift won’t be denied. NFL/CBS is going get it done.
    Travis would probably say that too.

I read the other day in one of the business journals Taylor is an official billionaire.
    Just like her buddy Jay-Z

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Travis would probably say that too.

I read the other day in one of the business journals Taylor is an official billionaire.
    Just like her buddy Jay-Z
    I had no idea but with all those rabid tween fans, and apparently some weirdos here.. lol, it makes sense she’s a billionaire. It would be funny if a few years from now she tries to buy a football team. Chargers?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    I had no idea but with all those rabid tween fans, and apparently some weirdos here.. lol, it makes sense she’s a billionaire. It would be funny if a few years from now she tries to buy a football team. Chargers?
    I'll say this much for Taylor, she earned it by putting in a lifetime of hard work to be a writer/singer/dancer/everything else.

It helps too that half her fanbase are tweeners, and those tweeners have access to daddy's trust funds who don't mind shelling out four grand to Missy for her girl to see Taylor on tour.

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

Niners -7

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I think Jibby has this one nailed.

Purdy the weak link for SF when it counts

stevenash

Deebo claps back at Ryan Clark's harsh critique of Purdy

“Never seen so much hate for a QB that lead the league in almost every category y'all folks be buggin frfr,” Samuel posted on his Instagram story. “That [tape] don't tell no lies.

Deebo Samuel defends 49ers QB Brock Purdy after Ryan Clark’s critique – NBC Sports Bay Area & California

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think Jibby has this one nailed.

Purdy the weak link for SF when it counts
    Bottom line is SF can get up early then they can lean on the run and their stout defense. Purdy can dump off short passes and feel safe. SF will win then. If SF gets down early and Purdy needs to sling it and play catch up then anything goes.

Lions can put up points. They average almost 30 points a game in their last 5 games. I'm starting to think Lions may have a chance to win this thing this weekend.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Sf super bowl winner
    Purdy MVP lets go

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Sf super bowl winner
    Purdy MVP lets go
    I think CMC will win it but really don’t care as the main thing is the NINERS WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!!!

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

DETROIT om the PO road is 0-11 like in decades look at the jokes in thier div they should have been 6-0 but no baeten by Packers and the bears i think

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Purdy gonna panic. He's basically a rookie running a team in huge playoff games. Only a matter of time before the youngster starts throwing up garbage..

Can't trust him in the big dance. Just look at that baby face!

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Purdy gonna panic. He's basically a rookie running a team in huge playoff games. Only a matter of time before the youngster starts throwing up garbage..

Can't trust him in the big dance. Just look at that baby face!

I think you’re trying to make something here where there’s nothing here. He already threw 4 picks in Ravens game a few weeks ago. Not comparing their greatness yet but only their youth, but Montana, only 2 years older, looking like a baby when he won in SB 16.

He’s been improving on his mistakes and won’t force anything on Sunday. Nor does he have to as Lions don’t have a great defense as compared to Rams and Eagles defense when Niners faced them in NFC championship. And definitely not on par with Ravens.

If I would bet this game, I would take Lions with points. But Purdy willl be sturdy and Niners are winning this game. Instead of the game, I’m going bet some props including Purdy u0.5 INT (-130).

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

I think he can beat the Lions.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Remember its scripted, niners are going to the SB

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    Remember its scripted, niners are going to the SB
    It’s scripted, so who will Niners face in SB?

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Niners win but do not cover. Same with the Ravens.
    Points Awarded:

POTVINSUX gave klemopixx 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POTVINSUX

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

People are forgetting just how good the Lions offensive line is. If SF can't get pressure on Goff this game could be closer then most think.

123 Last